Chapter 6

Second Chances

Saturday meant to stay at home being lazy all day. You had an habit of waking up early everyday whether it was the week or weekend. It was nine in the morning when you woke up but didn't feel like getting up from the bed so you just lay on there and watched some funny cat videos on your laptop. You liked to watch cute and funny clips of animals, especially cats, when you were sad, happy or tired. Basically, you were always in the mood to watch those kind of videos. You really wished you had a cat as a pet but since you lived alone and spent a lot of time outside, you didn't feel it was right to leave a cat alone all day.

You heard a ding sound from your phone.

KD

Goodmorning, my neighbour

It was the first time Daniel texted you. You saved his phone as KD.

You

Goodmorning. Didn't know you were a morning person lol

KD

ㅎㅎㅎmy mom gave me two movie tickets. She told me to invite Ong but he said it's a movie for girls. It would be a waste to not go...

You

Okay, I'll go with you ㅋㅋㅋ

KD

ill pik yu up in t hirty mnutes

 

The last message came in so fast you wondereded how he typed it so fast. You chuckled just imagining it.

You only had thirty minutes to get ready. You got out of the bed, not feeling lazy anymore but excited. You took off your clothes and threw them to the floor and went to take a shower. After the shower you chose an outfit (you reminded yourself to go shopping with Mina), did a little of makeup and put on your favorite perfume.

You were surprised at how fast you got ready. There were five minutes left.

10:55, 10:56, 10:57...

You walked around the house, nervous. Time was moving especially slow for you. Was it because you are impatient? Or was it because you wanted to see him?

It was finally 11 o'clock, the moment you have been waiting for.

Daniel in front of your door was like a dream. How could someone smile so brightly in the morning? He was dressed so good that you felt your outfit wasn't good enough. Fortunately you wore a dress. Daniel wore black pants and a white grid shirt. He looked so boyfriend-ish, not like his usual sporty or casual outfit when he goes to college.

You were daydreaming about Daniel as a boyfriend and grinned.

What are you thinking about?”

Uh? I was wondering what movie we are going to watch.” You shook your head to get away those thoughts.

Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron's Bay Watch.”

It wasn't your kind of movie but you wanted to spend time with Daniel so it was okay.

I didn't bring my car. I thought we could spend some time walking.”

You drive?”

Of course I do.”

It's good you didn't bring your car.”

 

***

You arrived at the movie theater just in time to buy popcorns and something to drink. Daniel bought a big size popcorn and you the small size since you weren't that hungry. You found it cute that he could eat so much.

You two went to your assigned seats and after few minutes the lights dimmed meaning the movie was about to start. You were a little nervous to be honest. Having Daniel sitting so close next to you and the fact that you were hanging out together in a saturday day. It felt like a date. You wanted to turn around and take a glance on him but you didn't dare to. Just when you decided to do it, you found him looking at you. He gave you a smile and your heart melted.

The movie wasn't that bad but you really didn't like it. Daniel did though. You were more focused on his cute laugh than the movie itself. He was a serious case. He laughed at every little thing, seriously. He even laughed at things that weren't funny. Also, you ate your popcorns too fast because the pack of popcorns was already empty even before the end of the movie. Daniel noticed it and he poured some of his to yours.

Hey~ Kkomengi~ I thought you weren't hungry,” he laughed. (A/N: Daniel said in Happy Together 3 he would like to call his girlfriend “kkomengi/꼬맹이” → Little kid/Kiddo)

You blushed. You were a heavy eater. Yes, you had to admit it.

Since you missed the first half of the movie, you couldn't understand anything and ended up falling asleep.

I'm sorry,” you apologized after the movie ended. You felt bad.

He ruffled your hair. “Aigoo, you should have told me that you didn't want to watch the movie. We could have done something else.”

I'm really sorry. You invited me so I thought you really wanted to see the movie.”

I don't care about the movie, Sohye.”

So why...?”

I wanted to see you.”

Oh.” You blushed hard.

He realized you were a little umconfortable. The truth was that you were struggling whether to say or not that you also wanted to see him but those words wouldn't come out from your lips.

"Are you hungry? Seeing that you ate half of my popcorns."

Yah! i didn't.” You slightly pushed him away.

He laughed and his eyes turned into a half moon shape.

It was the most beautiful smile ever.

___

Everyone, let's appreciate this qtpie's smile

tumblr_ou2g1wbUDp1wsfs9ho1_400.gif

Cr: kngniel