Chapter 14

Second Chances

It was late so Jisung, Ong and Jaehwan decided to leave first. But before they left, they helped to clean everything. They threw the empty beer cans, cleaned the table and even washed the dishes. They earned some good points.

I'll see you tomorrow? Soniel?” Ong asked.

You nodded. “See you tomorrow!”

When everyone left the house felt empty and quiet. You lay on the couch and yawned.

Tired?”

You nodded. “I think I'm going home now.” You wanted some time alone.

I'll go with you.”

No way. You need to take care of your body. I can go by myself. It's only five minutes walk.”

He shook his head. “I'll feel uneasy if I let you go alone.”

But...”

I'm feeling much better. Really. Don't worry. Wait here.”

He went to his room and came back five minutes later wearing gloves, scarf, a beanie and a jacket. You laughed. He looked so cute. He also brought a scarf and a jacket for you.

It's cold outside since it rained before.”

You wore Daniel's jacket that was too big for you but it was warm and perfect. He helped you to put the scarf. It smelled so good. You wondered if all his clothes smelled that good. Probably they were since Daniel himself smelled so good.

Okay, let's go.” He held out his hand and you took it. He intertwined your fingers and put your hands inside the pocket of his jacket.

Aigoo, our kkomengi is tired?” He said cutely as you yawned again.

You nodded. “It's been a long day. Please, don't get sick anymore. I missed you terribly during classes.”

Just by looking at you I can recover from my cold.”

Hey, what are you talking about.” You laughed.

 

**

Outside was so cold. It wasn't raining anymore but the night air was freezing. You thanked Daniel for giving you the jacket otherwise you would have die of hypothermia. Also, you thanked you lived so close to Daniel's house. Wasn't that perfect?

However, you were tired and you felt uneasy. You weren't sure if Ong was talking about that Hwang Minhyun, your ex-boyfriend, but your sixth sense told you that it was him.

What happens? You've been quiet since a while,” Daniel asked.

It's nothing. I'm just tired.”

Are you sure?”

You nodded. “See you tomorrow?”

See you tomorrow.” He kissed your forehead.

 

**

You have never arrived late at the campus. It was the first time you felt asleep and didn't hear the alarm clock. You took a quick shower, wore the first shirt and pair of blue jeans you saw on the closet and then went to the kitchen. You grabbed few cookies and ate them on your way to classes. When you arrived, your stomach hurt. Was the cookies you ate? Or because you ate while running? Then you realized it was anxiety.

It was the first time you were scared to go to classes. There was a certain person you didn't want to see even though you weren't sure if it was him.

However, the question was: why were you so scared? What could he do to you? He was the one who broke up with you. It was him who didn't love you. Now, you were dating Daniel. Minhyun was the past, Daniel the present and future. Why were you so worried? Then you knew the answer. Minhyun was your first love and also your first heartbreak.

After he broke up with you, you talked to the students' psychologist and asked her for a change of class. After that, you never saw Minhyun again. You didn't see him around the campus, he never contacted you again. Now that you thought about it, it was weird that you didn't hear about him anymore. And just now you learned he went to Japan. You wondered why.

He, of course, hurt you a lot but you learned to overcome the break up and humiliation alone. However, the wound wasn't completely healed since the break up was so sudden and then you never saw him again. So, could you really say your relationship ended? There wasn't a proper ending, a closure. The pain always remained on your heart and little by little you healed. Daniel helped a lot. 

You were sure you didn't love Minhyun anymore but then again, you weren't sure about your reaction if you get to see him again. You were scared he could do something to you again or worst, do something to Daniel.

 

**

You knocked the door and shyly entered the classroom. The teacher let you in since you were a good student. Also, it was the first time you were late. You didn't sit next to Daniel even though he waved at you and signaled you to sit with him. You went to your usual spot.

When the teacher wasn't looking at you, you quickly texted Daniel.

You

Aaah i fell asleep TT

Let's not grab people attention. They don't know we are dating

 

It would be terribly if people knew you were dating Daniel and then find out you were Minhyun's ex-girlfriend. You had to protect him... and yourself.

Then you texted your best friend, Mina.

You

As soon as your class end please come and take me with you.

Just say whatever but don't let Daniel follow us, plss

 

Mina

???? what happened. Did you two already have a fight?

 

You

I'll tell you later

 

Mina

Ok. I'm worried

 

Your head hurt. You didn't hear anything at what the teacher said, but you didn't care. You just wanted to close your eyes and forget about everything. You were ashamed of yourself at how scared you were. You didn't want Daniel to see you worried and how Minhyun was affecting you because yes, he was affecting you.

___

a sad chapter :(

thank you for commenting and the feedback, i enjoy reading your comments kkk ^^