Chapter 5

Second Chances

The twenty minutes walk became a kind of a after classes secret encounter, just the two of you. However, those twenty minutes walk felt shorter with each day passing by. Twenty minutes weren't enough time. You found yourself wanting to spend more time with him and it seemed he thought the same.

Your relationship wasn't normal though. At school you barely talked, only occasional greetings and smiles during classes and lunch. But you always walked to home together, every single day. It's been already one month following this routine.

Some people began to notice that you and Daniel were in some kind of relationship, not romantic one but definitely a close one. However, since Daniel had a lot of female friends, they didn't say anything and just let it be.

 

**

You met Daniel's friends in the wrong place and wrong time.

Mina and you went together to the cafeteria and you happened to bump with Daniel and his friends. You wanted to pretend you didn't see him but Daniel said hi to you first. He introduced you to his friends. Mina was in awe... and delighted with the view of handsome boys. She already knew who was who but you had a hard time remembering their faces and matching their names. Of course Daniel mentioned their names several times before, you knew there was a Jisung, Jihoon or Chihoon and Jaehwan, but you actually never saw them up close. They were all handsome like real, really, heol, daebak, insanely handsome.

So this is the girl that our Niel talks about everyday?” Said the guy named Jisung.

Hyung, why are you like this?” Daniel's satoori was more noticeable.

He doesn't talk anything else but Kang Sohye,” said Ong just to tease Daniel.

"Oooow, Daniel hyung is man now,” said the red haired boy. Woojin?

You chuckled. Daniel ears turned into a bright color red.

Why don't you invite them to eat with us?” Said the guy that you forgot the name but the way he laughed was like a psychopath. You were shocked when you heard him laugh.

Thanks but Mina and I need to discuss about an important project,” you said as you pushed your friend away from them and left before they could say anything else.

What's wrong with you?” Mina asked surprised once you got away enough from them.

We can't sit with them. Don't you know that everyone will stare at us and spread false rumours? I don't want it, I hate it.”

You sighed. “I guess you're right. What a shame! We missed a great opportunity to spend some time with them.”

Forget it, they are not our friends anyways.”

Daniel is YOUR friend.”

Kind of. I don't know. It's still awkward between us.”

She chuckled. “I told you you would end up liking him. He's not a bad person like you thought, right?”

Actually, he's a really good person.”

Hey, want to go grab some sweets after classes so you can tell me more details about Daniel?”

Umh...”

What? You already have plans?”

You thought about your twenty minutes walk with Daniel.

You have plans with Daniel!!”

No, we don't. But we walk to home together.”

Wow, that's so romantic. Okay, forget it. I'm a good friend and I'd rather want you to spend more time with him than with me.”

Yeah, yeah, thanks, my fgood riend.” You laughed.

 

**

You were exited to go to the last class of the day just to see Daniel. He was sitting with Ong in his usual seats. He completely ignore you when you waved at him and also ignored you the entire class. You were sure he saw you waving at him. You wondered what happened. Did you do something wrong? Or something happened to him? Or were you exaggerating?

When the teacher left the classroom everyone left out a sigh. It was friday meaning they have the weekend to relax and forget about college.

You looked for Daniel but he was nowhere to be seen. Ong and his other friends were still in the classroom though. You approached Ong and shyly asked about Daniel. It was the first time you approached him first.

He went home first.”

It took you few seconds to understand what he said. You were lost in his three moles on his cheek. He was so handsome. Then it took you another few seconds to understand that Daniel left to home first. You thought he would wait for you, like he usually did. A little disappointed, you headed to the main gate, and there he was in front of the main gate waiting for you.

I thought you left.”

Without you?”

You knew something happened to him. You already walked five minutes and he wasn't the usual cheerful Daniel. He was quiet and his hands were inside his pocket and wasn't doing some tricks with his skateboard.

You couldn't take it anymore so you asked him what happened.

You remember I asked you to try to be friends for few days? And that if you still don't like me, we can't stop to talk and preted to not know each other. I hated it though. I shouldn't have asked you something like that. I should have confidently say Sohye, let's be friends.” He took a brief pause before continuing. “I can't force you to like me and to be my friend.”

But I like to be your friend. What make you think that I don't?”

Why you didn't sit with me and my friends during lunch? It seemed like you didn't want to.”

Oh...

It's a little embarassing to say this though. You are handsome, really handsome. People keep staring at you and say things about you when they see you. I just didn't want to grab attention.”

Ah, it was like that,” he laughed shyly. “So I am handsome?”

You slightly pushed him. “You are self aware that you are handsome, aren't you?”

He got serious again out of a sudden. “But there's still a possibility that you don't want to be my friend. Only a month has passed and...”

Daniel, one day was enough to like you.”

He smiled widely and you knew you wanted to make him happy not only now but from now on.

 

___

Thank you so much for reading and liking my story!! <3

tumblr_ou64zewlKb1qhfu86o2_540.gif

Cr: peachyniel