Chapter 7

Second Chances

You decided to have brunch at a new café that opened last month and it had good reviews. The place was quite big and there were a lot of people so it was true that place was good.

Luckily you found an empty table. Daniel went to the counter to order the food while you waited at the small wooden table.

From your seat you had a great view of Daniel's back.

Cr: christine0926

He wasn't too skinny or too fat, he just had the right size. His legs... his legs were so long that it could reach the heaven, not to mention his wide back. You wondered how wide it was. 50 cm? 60 cm? 70 cm? His body proportions were no joke. Also, you loved how he was dressed. You thanked yourself again for choosing a dress otherwise you would have looked like a potato. Well, it wasn't like now you looked as good as Daniel but you looked decent enough.

Daniel turned around to see you and you was caught self-absorbed in your thoughts that didn't realize he was chuckling at you.

What were you thinking?”

Daniel put the food on the small rounded table. The table was really small so you had to seat so close to each other.

Uh?” You didn't know what he was talking about.

You were deep in your thoughts back then. I waved at you but you didn't notice me.”

Back then?” You frowned and then you blushed. Oh.

He smirked. “You were having thoughts?”

Yah! What are you talking about?” Your blush was more noticeable.

My back measures 60 cm. Ong hyung says that I have long legs and that I have a charming back view.” He laughed at himself, embarrassed.

Well, it isn't that bad,” you mumbled.

What? I didn't hear you,” he teased you.

Your back view is not that bad,” you mumbled again.

Louder, please?”

You have a nice wide back and long lengs!”

He laughed satisfied at your confession.

However, looks are not everything. The fact that you have a nice body doesn't mean anything.”

Yeah, yeah, whatever you say,” he said sulkily.

 

After lunch you felt like drinking something sweet and hot since it was getting cold.

I know a great place.” He scratched the back of his neck, nervous. “I hope you like it. They sell really good hot chocolate.”

It wasn't that far from the previous place you went for lunch. You blessed Seoul for having cafés at every block.

Once you entered the café that Daniel recommended, you understdood why he looked a little nervous. It was a small but cozy and romantic café. Most of the furnitures were color white and pastel tones and there were flowers everywhere. It was a little too feminine? You were surprised Daniel chose a place like that. He was too manly for that place.

The tables were also small but it looked like the owner did it on purpose so couples could sit close to each other. There were pretty jars with fresh flowers at the center of each table.

You wanted to sit near the window but the waitress guided you to the corner of the café, a little away from other customers.

Are those seats booked?”

This is the most romantic spot we have in the café. Since you two make a good couple I thought you would like it. Call me when you decide what you want to eat.” The waitress gave each of you the menu.

When she left, an awkward silence filled the little space between you two. You looked up at Daniel and when your eyes met, both of you couldn't help it but laughed out of nervousness.

People keep saying we make a good couple. They should give us some discount,” you joked trying to lighten the uncomfortable situation. “This place looks quite good. Didn't know you liked places like this.”

They have the best hot chocolate that I've ever tried.”

You come here often?” If he came here before that meant it was with a girl. This wasn't the kind of a place two male friends would come unless they liked each other, of course.

Just a few times.”

You found yourself feeling jelousy. Who was the girl he came with? Did they also drink hot chocolate? Did Daniel bring all her previous girlfriends to this place before to drink hot chocolate?

I came with my mom. She recommended me this place.”

You didn't expect that answer. “Oh, really?”

You thought I came with a girl? Were you jealous?”

Why would I?”

You're the first girl I bring to this place. It's my mom's secret place.”

You could't help it but smiled like an idiot.

You mean girl just as a friend? I wonder how many girlfriends you have had.”

You really want to know?”

Oh my gosh, don't tell me you had more than ten.”

What do you take me for!” He pretended to be offended. “I've never dated.”

Wait. WHAT? Kang Daniel has never dated? He's been a single Kang Daniel all his life? How could someone like him never dated anyone? You couldn't believe it.

 

___

I wrote a draft of this chapter before watching Happy Together 3 where Daniel said he has dated before. We all thought he had never dated!! lol I'm glad he did though :) 

Here's another picture of Daniel's at the café, his body proportions ;; and thank you for subscribing!