Chapter 15

Second Chances

Mina was already waiting outside the classroom when the class ended. She managed to take you with her before Daniel could.

I can't believe how handsome Daniel and Ong are,” said Mina in awe once you were far from them.

Thank you for helping me. I'll make you sure you can meet all the handsome boys you want to meet so much.” You chuckled. It felt good to be with Mina.

Okay, but first tell me what happed to you. Why did I have to rescue you from Daniel? Why would someone want to be rescued from him?”

Minhyun is here. I mean, he went to Japan and he came back this morning to Seoul.”

Wait. What? Hwang Minhyun? Japan? What was he doing in Japan? Oh my gosh.”

That was my reaction exactly.”

But... he won't look for you, will he? I mean he has no reasons to do it. You're with Daniel now.”

I know, right? But why I am feeling uneasy? I can't let Daniel see me in this state.”

Okay, first, we need to make sure he really is here.”

Mina had a lot of friends so she contacted some of them and asked them if they knew something about Minhyun. It seemed no one knew he came back. Did he only contact Ong? Maybe he didn't come to classes today.

You look terrible. Try to smile, okay? He can't do anything to you because... you don't love him anymore, do you?”

Of course I don't!”

Okay, I just had to make sure.” She patted your shoulder. “I know he hurt you a lot but that is all in the past. Now you have a supportive boyfriend who loves you. I think you should tell him about it. You need to trust him.”

What if he gets mad? They were friends.”

. You didn't tell me that. Minhyun and Daniel were friends?”

You nodded.

I still think you should tell him.”

Should I?”

Sohye, if I was Daniel I'd be very disappointed at you, especially if I find it out later from another person.”

You felt bad. Mina was right. Were you trying to protect Daniel or was it because you didn't trust him enough? The latter thought made you feel sad. Of course you trusted him. He wasn't like Minhyun. You were sure about that. He had proven it many times. You decided to tell him about your worries later. It was the least you could do, since the basis of your relationship was trust.

 

**

Daniel was waiting for you at the bus stop that was right in front of the college. You two chose that place to meet after classes so people wouldn't see you walking together on the hallways of the campus.

Why do I feel like I haven't seen you all day?” Daniel asked when you approached him and pouted.

It was a busy day and I didn't sleep well last night.”

You didn't get a cold because of me, did you?”

You shook your head. “I'm just tired.”

He wanted to hug you but then realized you were in public.

It's okay. I really need a hug now.”

He took you behind a big tree that was near the bus stop. He looked at both sides to make sure no one was looking and smirked before he surrounded you with his arms. You loved how tall he was. You could get lost in his hug forever. And as always, he smelled so good.

I feel much better now.”

He smiled and then he messed up your hair. “I'll hug you everytime you feel tired.”

He took your hand –he did it unconsciously– and went back to the bus stop. It was hard to hide your relationship from your classmates, especially when that boy loved skinship so much.

Just when you were about to leave to your house, Minhyun showed right in front of your eyes.

Daniel?” He said, but his eyes were fixed for few seconds on your holding hands and then on you. “I was going to see the principal.”

He looked exactly the same as you remembered. A handsome and calm face, but as always, you couldn't really read his face. What was he thinking about? On the contrary, Daniel was excited and welcomed him with a warm hug.

Yah! Why you didn't call or text us. And you dare to call us friends,” Daniel joked. “Sohye, this is Minhyun. Minhyun, this is Sohye. My girlfriend.”

Oh, really?” Minhyun laughed awkwardly and looked at you. Did you see guilty on his eyes? Or was it pain? You weren't sure. Could he really feel guiltiness after what he did to you?

You wanted to ran away from that place. You couldn't stand watching Daniel being so nice to him, clueless about the true identity of Minhyun. It hurt you seeing him so clueless but at the same time you knew they were friends.

You lied –not so proud about that– and told Daniel that Mina wanted to see you.

She's still in the campus. Why don't you talk to your friend? You haven't seen him for a long time.” You released his hand.

Daniel wanted to say something but you managed to leave before he could.

He's really here. He has comeback. You thought. Then you wondered if it was a good idea to leave them alone. Minhyun could say or do something to Daniel.

You went back to the campus since it was safer to stay there. You sat on a bench under a big old tree. And you got lost on your thoughts.

Why? Why he decided to come back just when you and Daniel began to date? Was it a coincidence or did he come for you? You shivered even thought it wasn't cold. However, you were surprised that it didn't affect you as much as you thought. It was awkward as hell to see him again after such a long time, yes, but after seeing him right in front of you, you weren't scared of him anymore. You were just worried. About what? You weren't sure, but you had a bad feeling...

__

Daniel's face when he doesn't get to see Sohye as much as he wants kkk

tumblr_outn07j4qw1wrb0rco2_400.gif

Cr: danik-chu