Chapter 10

Second Chances

Daniel wanted to watch a movie since the movie date in the morning was a disaster. You still felt bad for falling asleep. You logged in into your Netflix account and searched for a movie. Daniel asked you to choose one that you liked. Of course he would say that, he thinks I'll fall asleep again. You thought embarrassed.

You liked psychological horror thriller films. There was this movie you heard good reviews from your friends and wanted to watch since then.

Split.”

Oh, isn't that a horror film?”

It's more like pyschological thriller. You will like it. Are you scared?” You arched an eyebrow. “Ooow, didn't know you were a big scary baby,” you teased.

He shivered. “I'm not into those kind of movie. I warn you I'll hug you a lot and hold your hands.”

You blushed. You weren't used to his skinship yet. Yeah, you already kissed but it still felt awkward. It didn't feel real you were dating Kang Daniel. Were you dreaming? You didn't want to wake up.

Daniel told you he would leave later after the movie ended so you didn't have to worry about him.

I won't leave until you fall asleep. Don't worry. I live like five minutes by walk from here. Isn't it amazing? We even live so close to each other.”

It's okay if you stay. You can sleep on the couch,” you told him.

The movie started and you forgot to turn the lights off. Lazily, you got up of the couch and went to turn the lights off. Just when you were about to sit next to Daniel, he grabbed your wrist and pulled you towards his arms.

I'm nervous. I can't watch these movies. But I'll protect you. I must to.”

You looked at him and chuckled out of cuteness. He was full of surprises. Everyday your learnt new things about him. You found it cute that he was scared to watch the movie. You took a look at his face and he did seem nervous. You grabbed Daniel's hands to make him feel better but he decided to intertwine your fingers. You thanked it was dark. Those little actions kept making you simkung (heart attack).

You usually enjoyed those kind of movies, however, minutes later, you were more scared than expected because of Daniel. The movie had a lot of suspense so Daniel hugged you during the two hours long movie and squishied you many times. You didn't mind it thought. However, he was really scared to the point he screamed several times making you startle. You found it funny that a 1,80 cm tall boy was such a scaredy cat. You wanted to protect him at all cost. He was still a cute baby.

 

**

You woke up on your bed, between all the mess from yesterday. You tried to recall last night's events. It felt like a dream. You remembered you watched a movie and you watched it till the end, you were sure about that because you weren't happy with the ending, but you couldn't remember anything else. That's probably when you fell asleep. But how did you get into the bed? Maybe Daniel... You ran to the living room to find a brown caramel haired boy sleeping on the couch.

You snorted. He told you to not worry, that he would go home after the movie but he ended up falling asleep on the couch. You chuckled. Yesterday was fun but tiring. You did a lot of things. He probably was too sleepy to go home. And too scared.

Hey, sleepyhead.” You gently shook his arm.

Mmmh,” he groaned.

Hey.”

No, Rooney, let me sleep more,” he said in his sleep.

Rooney?” Who was Rooney?

You let him sleep a little more and went to make breakfast instead. You were starving. Thankfully your fridge was full with fresh vegetables and some meat. When it came to house chores, you were very diligent. You liked to keep your fridge full with food and the house clean. The disaster in your room was an exception since Daniel came to your house in a sudden.

You didn't know what Daniel liked to eat so you made different dishes. I will eat it what he doesn't like, you thought happily.

You were making scrambled egg when a pair of arms surrounded your waist. You exclaimed out of surprise. You didn't hear him coming and almost got a heart attack.

Good morning,” he said in a husky voice.

Yah! You scared me.” You still felt your heart beating at a fast speed. When you recovered from the shock, you realized your heart was still beating fast. This time, it was because Daniel was still hugging you from your back. His body was so warm and the hug so sweet. He kept hugging you as he followed your steps around the kitchen. It was hard to make breakfast with a giant baby clinging onto you, but you didn't whine. He really liked skinship.

I'm hungry,” he said in a cute way.

Breakfast is almost done,” you imitated his cute tone and cringed so hard. What was Kang Daniel doing to you?

He looked at the table and asked why there were so many food.

I didn't know what you like to eat,” you said embarrased.

Waah, you did all of these for me? I wouldn't mind to come here everyday,” he said excited and took a closer look at the table.

Who said I'd cook for you everyday?”

He chuckled. “I'll cook for you then.”

You cook?” You asked surprised.

Hey~ Your reactions are not good. Why do you always get so surprised when I tell you something good about me?”

I'm sorry. I didn't know you cook. You can drive, you do well at school, you dress well.” You counted with your fingers. “I'll have to add it to my list.” You thought out loud.

What list?”

You blushed. “Uh? Nothing.”

Come on! I heard it perfectly. You always think out loud. It's cute.”

You did? So embarrasing!

Since it's cute, forget about what I said, uh?”

I want to know what list you were talking about.”

Let's eat, the food is getting cold.”

What list?” He insisted.

You ignored him but he was like a child annoying you while you were trying to have a peaceful breakfast. You gave up and told him about it.

When we agreed to try out to be friends, I made up a list about the good things about you. Surprisingly, the list increased a lot.”

You didn't tell him that you first wanted to do a list about things you hated about him.

Oh, really?” Now he was the one who felt shy.

Are you that happy? I may not show it but I really like you.”

He smiled proudly.

 

__

You need to watch Daniel in a haunted house hahaha → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMXymhEVxYk&t=8s