change of life

Promises that weren't kept, or were they?

lily went to her room, once she got her luggage out of the car. she kept her things in the suitcases. she knew she would need to go get boxs for packing. there was a knock on her door.

"come in" lily said

it was amanda.

"i am sorry about earlier. i didnt know that you knew korean. i would like us to be friends. i dont get out much due to school. we moved in after you left for your vacation. where did you go?"

"i went to seoul. i met some fun people and saw an old friend. i had a great time."

"good to hear. my mom out did herself for dinner tonight. we are holding a belated birthday dinner for you. just a heads up."

"thanks. lily said. lils phone went off. she looked at the screen and smiled. 

"i'll leave you too it. i'll come and get you when dinner is ready." amanda left the room. lily got a video from hakyeon. she played the video. it was of taekwoon sleeping. she played it multiple times. she noticed that he was holding his phone. it was her picture on the screen. lily giggled at that. answered him with a it was really cute. she was happy that he missed her as much as she missed him. hakyeon and lily talked for a little bit. 

Amanda came and got lily a couple of hours later. they went down stairs and went tot he dining room. she planed a hot pot. there was abeef, pork, lotus root, fish balls, tofu, and some other things as well. there was a small gift in lilys seat. she sat down and Jennifer told her to open her gift. inside the box there was a locket. she opened the locket there were three pictures. her mother, taekwoon, and resent family photo, minus lily. 

"thank you. its wonderful. why did you add taekwoon in there?"

"robert said that he was your favourite singer."

thank you jennifer. it means a lot to me."

"even thought we dont know each other at the moment, you can count on me. i know i will never be able to replace your mum, but if you ever need anything, just let me know."

"i will. thank you."

they started to eat and when lily looked at amanda and jon, they were glaring at her. she nodded in understanding.lily looked at her father and asked if she could move into her new apartment tomorrow. she also stated that she need to get settled in before she started work back on monday. he reluctantly agreed.

she said that she would get everything she needed to get plus she would have thing delievered from ikea in two days. internet would be installed the same day. robert said that he would take off that morning to help her move the boxes into her new place. lily agreed but she stated that she needed boxes. jennifer said that there would be boxes left from their move and that she could have those. jennifer told jon to get them after dinner.

jon nodded.  lily thanked everyone and excused herself. lily went to her room and starting laying out her clothes to pack. she put on vixx to help her focus. jon opened her door and dropped off ten boxes.

"look, i dont want to come across rude, but why the sudden move?"

"jon, i know you dont want me here. you guys are a family now. i am stranger here. i dont want to get in the way of that. you judged me before you got to know me. so let me go in peace. okay?"

"okay, to make admines, i will carry your boxes down tomorrow morning."

"thanks, jon."

"no problem." jon said and turn to leave.

a few miniutes later, robert came in lilys room and sat down at her desk.

"llily have your birthday present for you. you will see it tomorrow."

"sounds good."

"i am going to head to my study. i have to study up on court that i have. we will go to dinner one day and we will get all caught up."

"okay. i will look forward to it."

robert left lily to pack. she texted taekwoon and told him about her new stepfamily. he responded that he was sure that she would win them over. and that all she needed to do was to be herself. lily fell asleep after that message.

Lily woke up to knocking at her door. it was jon. he said that he was there to get the boxes. she got her suitcarses and jon got a box. jon went to the suv that was in the garage. robert was standing there holding the title and the key out to her.

"its a welcome home  and birthday present all in one. its yours. i want you to be safe." Robert said

"you shouldnt have, but thank you." lily said as she opened the trunk. they put the suitcases and the box in the SUV. they went back for more boxes. they did a total of six trips. she offered jon a left to school but he declined. she thanked him for the help and she said that she owed him one. lily got in her new vehicle and drove to her new place.

her apartment was a two bedroom. she messaged her two friends. they agreed that they would come over today for dinner. she would order pizza. everyone agreed at seven pm. lily texted them the address. 

lily got her boxes out of the car and started making trips to her apartment. a man stopped by and see if she needed any help. lily agreed if only she could buy him lunch. he introduced himself during the trip to her apartment. his name was logan. he was just finishing his residenticy as well. they made the remaining trips in silence. once the suitcases were brought up, lily started to move things into their rooms.

lily and logan went to a cafe for lunch. they talked about what departments were in. they were both in Neurology. logan was about six years older than her. they ended up talking about random things. they walked back to the apartment complex and logan welcomed her into the building.

she invited logan over to dinner with her two friends tonight. he said you would love to join them. 

lily's friend eva was the first to show up. they chatted about her trip to korea and her run in with Leo and N. Eva was jealous. the pizzas arrived by 655. when the delievery guy left, logan was at the door. lily invited him in. Joe(short for joanne) was the last friend to arrive. Lily introduced everyone and then they sat down to eat. lily apologized about how bare the apartment  was. they said not to worry. 

joe and eva both said that they would be back over tomorrow to help her with her unpacking. lily said that sounded like a plan. logan excused himself because he got a call from the hospital. eva and joe helped get boxes to the rooms. 

lily asked eva and joe if they wanted to go to ikea with her in the morning. they both declined. they said farewell until the following evening. lily closed the door and went to sleep on an air matress. she sat her alarm for early and then went to sleep.