coming home

Promises that weren't kept, or were they?

by June came around, lily finally got released from the hospital. She never heard a word from the guys, aka vixx. She did message both Hakyeon and Taekwoon a few times while she was in the hospital. 

Eugene would be coming home in a few weeks. Lily got released on a Friday. Lily and her father got closer over the past month. Lily, still had not forgiven her father for not telling her of the affair nor of her half brother and sister. When lily got into the car Robert broke the news that pat had his funeral a few weeks ago. The will was also read. Lily was left all the life insurance money from pat. 

Robert also stated that he had not heard from the insurance people but he did have two checks for her at her apartment. One was from the car insurance company and the other was from the truck driver company. The driver was in jail for man slaughter. They went to lilies apartment and lily told Robert that she wanted to be left alone. She went into the apartment.

she looked at all the mail and letters on the table. She sorted them out and opened the important things. She had a few bills but she would take care of that the next day. She sat the mail down and then looked at the two checks. One was for 45 grand. The other was for 3 million. She sat them down and went to pats room. 

She took one of his jackets off the hanger, put it on and then went to the couch. She curled up into a ball and cried. She fell asleep. She was woken to a knocking on her door. She opened the door. It was dr. Kim and Logan. They came on in.  

What are you doing here? For Kim, why are you here? Lily asked in shock. 

I didn’t want to tell you while you were in the hospital but pat and I were friends. We went to medical school together. Logan came because he wanted to check up on you. My name is John by the way.” John said. 

Lets go sit at the table. We brought food and drinks., “ Logan said. 

Lily moved the mail and letters. John picked up the checks. 

Dang these are nice checks. Where do you want them?” John said. 

Just put them on my purse. I need to go to the bank and do errands tomorrow. Lily said as she sat down. Logan started pulling out Korean dishes. Lily broke down crying again. John started to argue with Logan about the food. Lily saw soju and she started drinking. 

She finished the first bottle and started her second when John stopped her. 

We ordered pizza. We put the Korean food away. You can save it for tomorrow. Now stop drinking before you make yourself sick. You need to eat. John said. 

Want to watch a drama with me? I don’t want to be alone right now. Lily got up and went to the living room. 

Logan ended up leaving but John stayed to look after lily. When Logan opened the door to leave, the pizza guy was about ready to knock. John paid and then handed Logan a full Izzy to take with him. John went back to the living room. He sat the pizza in front of lily and told her to eat. 

Why are you being nice to me? Your friend is dead because of me!” Lily said. 

Two things lily, one it was an accident. Two you didn’t kill him.” John said as he got her a slice of pizza. 

But you should be made at me.” Lily said.

”but I am not mad. I made pat a promise before he past away. I am going to keep it. I am going to go to Korea with you. I promise pat I would look over you and make sure you find your smile again. I did put in our transfers. Hopefully it will take about two months to process it. 

Thank you.” Lily gave him a slight smile. 

You got a message on KakaoTalk.

i am sure he is just checking up on how I am doing. 

Gotcha. Well let’s start that drama. What were you watching?

i was watching the general and I. But today I think I want to watch heartstrings. It’s on dvd over there. Lily pointed to the small dvd collection. John her tv and computer. He got the dvd on and then pushed play. 

They were both past out by the third episode.  john slept on the chair and lily slept on the couch.

lily woke first. The clock read 6:30 am. She woke John up. They went to the hospital. She got her cast off and went into a boot. Afterword she went and visited her son. The doc was in there. Eugene was looking really good. He would be released next Friday. Lily thanked him and left the hospital after an hour. Robert met her there and they did running around together. 

That night she got a phone call from Taekwoon.