New family

Promises that weren't kept, or were they?

 “Lily I know you don’t want to talk about this but we need to.” Pat said 

 “No we don’t he lied to me. Pat, for all my life he lied to me. I have a half brother and half-sister.” Lily kept in the shower crying.

She heard  pats phone going off it was Robert he picked his phone and talk to Robert that was going on with Lily. 

 Lily got out of the shower and ignored pat. She crawled into her bed and went to sleep. She ignored all phone calls from her father.

The following week, he had surgery. Lily checked on him, via his doctor. She never fully forgiven him for the lying. She went home and went to sleep. She woke up in the middle of the night to fix something to eat. When she got done eating, pat was standing there looking at her. He came up to her and kissed her. She pushed him away and slapped him.   

Lily got upset with pat when he tried to make a move on her. The following day she had my duty she checked it up on her dad. When she went to pats office, she saw a note from pat. He made her dinner. Lots of spicy Korean dishes. After she ate, lily went to sleep. 

She woke up to pat putting a blanket over her. He lectured her about sleeping without a blanket over her. He did that out of concern for her. She asked if he could bring her bigger scrubs. He said he would have them in the morning. 

The next day he sat a bag down in front of her. It contained a few gifts, new scrubs and breakfast. He chuckled when he saw her in the scrubs. 

“It’s weird not seeing you in something that is not form fitting.”

” I’ll be fitting into these before the month is out.”

”I know. Lily, can you make up with your father now? I know you have been keeping track of his recovery. I am sorry for bringing it up right before surgery. “

”It’s fine. I will think on it.”

”that’s all I ask.” Lily left the room and messaged Hakyeon. She didn’t hear back from him either.

When lily finished the surgery , she was heading back to her office when she heard two nurses talking. 

I heard that the only reason that why Dr. Von  and Dr. Thompson married was because she was pregnant. One nurse said.

”I still have a thing for Dr. von. do you think i could  steal him away  from her? I don’t even think it’s his child that’s why I want to steal him away.” The second nurse said

”You would have to line up for that.” The first nurse said 

 Hey you two. don’t speak about my wife like that.

 The nurses turned around and shock. 

 First of I’ll never leave my wife. The child is mine. No one will be able to steal me away from her.  So stop thinking that you have a chance with me. Do I make myself clear? 

 Yes doctor von. We are sorry. 

 Well they watched the nurse go. Pat looked at Lily.  He grabbed her by the hand and pulled her into his office. When they entered the office pack close the door and locked it. He said down and looked at Valley. 

“ lily, when I married you I knew what I was signing up for. I am the father of this baby even if I did not help create him. I will look at him as my own. So just ignore what the nurse said. No one will take me away from you. I love you. “

Lily sat there in silence.