Getting married

Promises that weren't kept, or were they?

Lily and pat were busy over the next few weeks getting things set up at Lily's place. By November 25th everything was settled into their spot. Lily took some time off from work to prepare for the wedding. She got her nails done and even got her hair fixed. 

The following day was her wedding day. She thought of taekwoon and how much she truly did miss him. She did not see pat until she was walking down the isle. The wedding was a big hit. They kept up with some Korean traditions. But for the most part it was western wedding. Lily and pat went to a hotel room for the night. 

When they entered the room, lily saw two beds. Lily let out a sigh. She was worried that there was only one bed. Lily went and took a shower and changed. Pat went next. When he came out, he found lily fast asleep.

they went back home the next day. They both had to work the following day so they didn't do much. They went out for dinner and just relaxed. Lily looked at her ring and sighed.

"contact him lily."

"I should, but can't. He is busy. I am sure he has forgotten all about me by this point."

"you never know until you try."

lily nodded and agreed. She took out her phone and messaged taekwoon. She didn't hear back from him. They ate dinner and then left. Lily was upset that she didn't hear anything back from him.  When they got outside, pat handed her a key. It was a key to his office. It was to be used for over night shifts. Not snooping, and she also had to keep and extra pair of scrubs and normal clothes for work in there. Lily thanked him and then they went home. 

The following day, lily had the night shift, she brought her clothes to keep in his office. She had an easy shift. Pat texted her and asked when she wanted dinner. She said she would be free by six. At five forty five, there was an emergency that came in. She texted pat and let him know that she was busy and that should would text him when she was free. 

 She went into the or. She needed to be fast because he also had more surgery that what she could give him. She did her job and then left the pt in the care of the other Doctor. She noted in the chart to contact when the pt was awake. When she got done with the notes, she looked up and saw pat standing there. 

He had dinner with him. They walked to the office and talked about work. Then lily went to sleep and pat left. 

Over the 4 months, pat and lily kept the same routine. Yes they had some nights when they were home together but for the most part, one of them was always gone. It was not until lily was in her 6th month did everything change.

she saw her father go into the transplant office. She waited for her dad outside the department. 

"What's going on dad?"

"I need a transplant. Kidney. You step brother is giving me his."

"why? How?"

"let's talk outside."

"fine!" They walked outside and sat on a bench. Robert told lily that her step brother and sister were really her half brother and sister. Lily was shocked. She said that she upset that she lied to him. She got up and walked off. She called dr Johnson and told him that she would be off for the rest of the day due to a family problem. 

Lily went home and took a shower. She was still in there when pat came home. He called out to her on the other side of the door. 

"Lily need to talk about this."

"did you know?"

"I knew he was getting a transplant but I didn't know the donor. I'm sorry I didn't tell you."

"well then I don't want to talk about this."