last night

just a rumor | seventeen

the sunlight peeked through the glass doors of jun's house, flashing over soonyoung's face and hitting his closed tiger-like eyes. he immediately wakes up and looks around the living room from his spot on the floor. he notices that everyone was still passed out on the floor, scattered around the living room with soft snores. 

he lightly yawns, and sits up. the empty bottles of wine were still sitting on the tables, untouched. the sunlight reflected off every piece of glass, making the room look rather beautiful in a weird way. 

as he quietly admires his surroundings, he felt a pang of pain hit his head, and immediately groans in annoyance, and quickly stands up to get whatever medicine he can get to cure the headache. 

as he makes his way to the kitchen, he hears the bickering of two girls who were already there. he looks behind him, and sees that jisu and taehee are missing. 'it must mean they're fighting' he thought, but he couldn't care less about a fight this early. he quietly motions towards the kitchen, and overhears the fight.  

"he'll be mine, okay?" taehee said to jisu. "back off."

"no," jisu disagreed, crossing her arms over her chest. "what the , he doesn't even like you like that. stop being immature." 

"what gives you the right to say that? you're not him, and who ever said he liked you back?"

"god, this is too immature for us to do". jisu shook her head. "and besides, if you keep on acting like this, might as well ing tell so-" 

'more drama' he thought suddenly, he felt the need to sneeze and tried to make it go unnoticed by the two girls. unfortunately, it didn't, and they turned their heads toward the sound. when they saw soonyoung by the door, they gave each other nervous and awkward looks. 

jisu asked him, "how much did you hear?"

"not that much." soonyoung shrugged.

taehee lets out the breath she was holding in. "great," she whispered. she looks at both of them, and leaves the kitchen to go elsewhere. 

jisu, again shook her head, mumbling the words 'immature ' and left the kitchen, after saying a good morning to the confused boy in front of her. 

he searched the cupboards until he finally found the bottle of medicine. soonyoung shuts the small cabinet door and opens the medicine case, he fills up an empty glass of water, and takes the tablet.

just as soonyoung finishes swallowing the tablet, he stays in the kitchen, admiring the huge house of jun. he thought about the sudden outburst of seungcheol and started to wonder why they never told them about such a relationship. 

he heard footsteps come towards the kitchen, and heard talking, with a mix of laughter. suddenly, mina and wonwoo enter the kitchen, with soonyoung eyeing them. "no, trust me, there's probably someone out there who'd like you" "yeah right, but remember the first guy i dated?" "he was a ing mess oh my god" and they burst into laughter. soonyoung eyed the pair, envying how good they'd look together. there was no doubt about the chemistry they share. it was a pity for soonyoung that they only see each other as good friends. 

"oh, soonyoung, morning." mina smiles, and wonwoo does the same. he fills a glass of water, and drinks from it. "wait, how do you guys not have hangovers?" soonyoung asks questionably, still suffering from his dizzy head.

"because you get hangovers when you drink too much alcohol, so its probably only gonna be you, jun, and '95 line who'd need the advil." mina explained. "do you have chocolates?" wonwoo asks after finishing his cup of water. mina lightly laughs, and just shakes her head. "later." and she motions it then to leave, so they do.

"HOSHI!" someone calls out a few moments after the exit of wonwoo and mina. he chuckles at the nickname. 

"YES," he responds.

"KAI'S DYING OF PAIN, HELP!" that's when he recognizes yuna's voice. he quickly grabs the bottle of advil and fills up a glass of water. he runs to the living room and gives the bottle and glass to yuna, who was currently trying hard not to laugh. 

"my child, thank you. it's the time of the week, and hangovers just had to make it worse." kai mumbles after drinking the water. 

soonyoung then goes back to the kitchen, with the bottle of pain killers in his hands. his friends start to wake up one by one. 

vernon, jihoon, and jun soon arrive at the kitchen, looking tired with their bed hair. they get cups of water and sit down beside soonyoung. 

"pain killers?" jun asks tiredly. 

soonyoung nodded and handed them the bottle of tablets as he took a swig of water from his glass. they each took a tablet from the bottle, and took it. 

minghao then entered the kitchen, refusing to look at anyone. he just sat down and rested his head on the table. no one questioned him, knowing he was just tired. 

as they all sat there in kitchen, they talked about last night's events.

"it was....weird," jihoon said.

"i didn't even know they were a thing," vernon told them, taking a small sip of water from his glass.

then minghao added, "i don't think anyone did to be honest."

minghao sat far away from jun surprising soonyoung. the two were always together. was there something that happened last night? 'a fight probably,' he thought.

"yesterday was so...confusing..." minghao suddenly says, earning a chorus of 'yeah's. jun looked over at minghao and smiled. he turned his head around, not wanting to look at him, which confused jun. 

soonyoung decided to let go of the encounter and continue to talk about seungcheol and jeonghan. 

"it was so uncomfortable last night, i mean they were fighting, which never happens, then suddenly seungcheol just says 'i love you'..." 

jun then asked, "how could they hide this from us though?

"yeah." everyone agreed. 

little did they know, joshua was leaning against the door frame, listening into their conversations. he shakes his head half the time, while mumbling a few words that could explain everything. 

"there's a reason we didn't tell you guys about it, okay? just"—joshua says, entering the kitchen. the group stayed frozen, unsure of what to do. 

"just pretend that last night never happened, and don't bring it up. seungcheol and jeonghan finally went to sleep after hours of crying, don't bring it up. please?" at that moment, soonyoung noticed the eye bags under his bloodshot eyes. joshua sleepily yawned, and shook his head again. he took a glass of water, and finishes it before going back to the guest room jun allowed him to stay at. 

as he left, the small group looked at each other, already knowing what to do; never bring up the topic if seungcheol and jeonghan. 

"i'm hungry," jun says out of nowhere.

they looked at each other briefly before smiling, and shouting, "MINGYU-AH!"

they went back to the living room where everyone else was still sleeping or just lying down and staring at the walls. 

"RAMEN, RAMEN, RAMEN!" they cheered, as jihoon laughed, embarrassed. the others decided to help, for they wanted ramen as well. 

mina poked his cheek in attempt to wake him up. "mingyu, wake up."

"wake up, mingyu," wonwoo softly whispered to him as he shook his shoulders gently.

kai rolled her eyes. "this is taking too long, i'm gonna go there." she marched her way to the couch without stepping on anybody and shook mingyu awake, surprising him, he sat up. 

everyone surrounding him started to laugh at their startled friend. 

mingyu blinked his eyes at them and groggily asked, "what do you want?"

"can you cook ramen for us?" 

"please?"

"no," he replied quickly, immediately going back to sleep. 

"mingyu-hyung!" "mingyu-ah" "kim mingyu!" "gyu!" they called out, constantly shaking the poor boy.

"MINGYU-SUNBAENIM!" wonwoo shouted, causing everyone around to laugh. 

"yah! wonwoo, don't call me that." mingyu hit wonwoo, finally awake. 

"i won't if you make ramen," he smiled, widely. it creeped out the younger, so he had no choice but to say yes. 

and while mingyu was cooking up the ramen for everyone, the others started to wake up in the living room. they started their own conversations among themselves, as they played a game of which group could cover orange caramel's catallena. 

once mingyu called them all to the kitchen to get their share of ramen, they rushed to the kitchen and got their bowls one by one. while they were all eating in the dining room and were sat at the table as the slurped their noodles, some of them spoke in hushed whispers, and some just bursted out talking loudly. but one of their conversations stuck out to everyone else as they listened in.

"oh, guys, by the way..." jihoon says, turning the atmosphere of the room into a tense and serious one. this surprised jihoon, as they usually never were like this. 

"joshua told us not to talk about..last night, specifically seungcheol and jeonghan, i think he was saying that we just need to respect their privacy, even if we've know them for so long. he says there are reasons why they didn't tell us about the 'relationship' but didn't tell us what they were, so, that's it," he finished.

he received nods and 'alright's' from the group as they continued to snack on their breakfast ramen. 

"what do we do now?" dino asked, finishing his second bowl of the noodles.

"dance battle!" soonyoung says, earning a chorus of 'no's' and 'boos' from his friends. "you're just gonna win!" "i can't even dance" they all chorused as soonyoung put his hands up in mock surrender.

"maybe we could watch some movies in the theater," suggested jun, silencing the apparent 'criticism' soonyoung was getting. 

"i don't feel like going anywhere," jisu complained. 

"we're not going anywhere, were just saying here," jun told all of them with a familiar glint in his eyes, confusing all of them. hoshi smirked, knowing what he was talking about.

"jun, if this is one of those tacky ideas you have of attaching a projector to face the wall, then no, were not gonna be that tacky." 

"he's got an indoor theater, idiots," hoshi blurts out, making the others look at jun in disbelief.

"OH MY GOD, I KNEW YOU WERE RICH BUT-" jun cuts kai off. "so, wanna watch a movie or not?" he says, earning a chorus of yes's and 'hell yeah's. 

* * *

"this movie is amazing," whispered dino.

"this indoor theater is amazing," jisu whispered back in awe as she shortly looked around the room for a few seconds.

the fifteen friends were now in jun's indoor theater to try and get rid of the tension from earlier. they were all sat on the seats in front of the large screen watching the movie 'spirited away'. 

seungcheol and jeonghan were still asleep since they didn't have much after the events from last night. joshua wasn't with them either. he was watching over seungcheol and jeonghan while they slept.

before they knew it, it was the end of the movie, and the credits were rolling on the screen. jun stood up and walked to the side, switching on the lights.

"that was nice," seokmin said, stretching his arms, accidentally hitting mingyu's head then shortly looking back at him apologetically.

"i'm just gonna get some water." soonyoung announces, exiting the black doors of the theater.

as he fills up his glass, he hears a chorus of voices outside. curious, he finishes his water and follows the voices.

the voices soon become more audible as he approaches the stairs. "shua, its not like that, i remember what happened last night, and-and," he heard jeonghan's worried voice.

"and what?" that was joshua.

"shua, i'm sorry." jeonghan apologizes sadly.

"why are you so sorry today jeonghan? nothing bad happened. we just have to tell cheol that we're together now, remember?" 

"shua, i'm sorry, i love you but-" 

"you're worrying me, jeonghan-" 

"shua, i'm so, so, so sorry." his voice had become softer 

"jeonghan-"

"i kissed him."

[a/n]: 
next chapters won't be as long as this one btw