for you

just a rumor | seventeen

jihoon and soonyoung were walking around the mall, stepping into various stores and buying new things. the two were currently standing in a clothing store as they decided what to get for themselves.

 

"i'm gonna buy something for you," soonyoung told jihoon as he looked through the many racks of hangers holding up shirts and jeans.

 

jihoon rolled his eyes at the other. "the reason why i'm here with you, holding a wallet full of money in my hand is because i'm going to buy for myself," he said as he continued to look around for something he liked.

 

"and i have my own money that i can choose to use for whatever reason i want," reasoned soonyoung. "so, i'm gonna buy you something."

 

"i already told you that i don't you to get me anything, so just get the you want and try it on. i wanna go get ice cream," jihoon whined, tugging on his boyfriend's sleeve.

 

"i know, i know." the older started to walk out of the aisle they were in and towards the counter to pay. the younger followed behind him with his shopping bag filled with the clothes he chose since he had already payed before soonyoung. 

 

after soonyoung placed the clothes on the counter in front of him, the cashier scanned each of the price tags on the clothes placed in front of them. "that'll be 750, sir." the cashier held out his hand for the card or cash, a bored expression on his face.

 

soonyoung searched for his card inside his bag and his wallet until he turned around to face his boyfriend with a sheepish grin. "can you lend me some money? i left my card at the dorm, and all i have is a few cash but it's not enough."

 

jihoon sighed and handed the guy behind the counter his credit card, shaking his head at the boy beside him. "thank you~" soonyoung back-hugged the smaller boy, not letting go even when he heard him mumble, "get off me, hoe."

 

once they got the newly bought clothes and exited the store, soonyoung wrapped his arm around jihoon and gave him a quick peck on the cheek, making him blush slightly. "i love you~" he says with an adorable smile on his face and his eyes staring into his.

 

jihoon buried his face into the other's shoulder in embarrassment from the sudden show of affection. "i hate you," he muttered.

 

"no, you loooove me! admit it, ji!"

 

the stares the two boys received from people passing by them bothered jihoon but not soonyoung. but the boy knew that if he didn't say it now, his boyfriend would continue to pester him about it for the rest of the day until he forgot all about getting him any food. 

 

"fine," jihoon huffed. "i love you."

 

soonyoung leaned closer to him with his hand near his ear. "i'm sorry, i didn't hear you. what did you say?" he asked innocently.

 

then the younger boy told him with a louder and clearer voice, "i love you, kwon soonyoung! now please get me ice cream, i'm hungry."

 

"okay then."

 

once the two boys reached an ice cream shop, soonyoung went up to the counter to order their ice cream. "wait," jihoon stopped him. "aren't you gonna ask me what i wanted?"

 

"i'm your boyfriend, i'm sure i know what you want from an ice cream parlor by now." soonyoung shrugged and turned back to the counter to try and order.

 

jihoon scoffed. "yeah, right. you forgot my birthday last year, and so what do i want?"

 

"me, of course." soonyoung smirked at him while he face-palmed at his attempt at a pick-up line.

 

"that was the worst attempt at a pick-up line i've ever heard from you, and that includes that one valentine's day," said the younger boy as he shook his head at his boyfriend.

 

soonyoung rolled his eyes. "okay, that was one time. now do you want your ice cream or not, ?" he asked him bluntly. jihoon smiled at him innocently and nodded his head at the question.

 

so while the older ordered their ice cream, jihoon scrolled through the messages her got from their group chat that he absolutely hated with a passion. he was mostly ignoring the incoming messages and the texts that he received maybe a few minutes or hours ago. well, that was until he saw kai's name.

 

aunt kai: hey

aunt kai: has taehee been talking about me?

 

tofujihoon: no

tofujihoon: well i don't think so

tofujihoon: why??

 

aunt kai: i heard a few things from someone in one of my classes

aunt kai: he said that taehee's been talking me for a while now

 

tofujihoon: well idk i don't really talk with her

 

aunt kai: anyways can you come over??

aunt kai: i gotta spill some ☕️

 

tofujihoon: that's coffee and no i can't bc i'm out with soonyoung

 

aunt kai: itS WHATEVER I SAY IT IS

aunt kai: awww spending time with your boyfriend ok i won't interrupt

 

"hey, here's the ice cream." soonyoung slid the cup of cold, delicious dessert across the table to jihoon. he scooped a spoonful of his ice cream and asked the boy sitting in front of him, "who're you talking to?"

 

"kai," mumbled jihoon.

 

"oh, what does she want now?"

 

"she was asking me if taehee was talking about her to us or anybody else in general," he replied nonchalantly, his eyes still focused on the screen of his phone.

 

"oh, that. yeah, i remember taehee dissing her when we were hanging out at lunch a few times, but it was mostly just complaining," soonyoung said, scooping more of the vanilla flavored ice cream into his mouth. he pointed at jihoon's cup of ice cream with a plastic spoon. "you better eat that 'cause i spent my money on that for you."

 

but the other waved him off saying, "yeah, whatever."

 

[a/n]:

i'm soooo sorry i wasn't able to update for the past few weeks

a lot of things happened and i had to fix some stuff and study 

basically a lot of drama and studying 

i don't think i'll be able to update every Monday anymore,,,,but maybe I can every 1-3 weeks.