temporary fix

just a rumor | seventeen

yuna sighed as her best friend hung up on her. she plopped herself on her bed and closed her eyes shut, wanting to rest from everything happening in her life at the moment. she was on the brink of falling asleep before she heard loud knocking against the front door, followed by repeated ringing of the doorbell.

 

"it's almost 12, who the wants to see me right now?" she muttered as she shuffled along to the door to answer it.

 

to her own suprise, she was greeted by a very tired-looking jisoo. he looked like he hadn't slept in days. there were dark circles under his eyes, his hair was messier than it should be, and his hoodie was stained with chocolate ice cream and cheese stains.

 

"jisoo?" her eyes widened in shock at his state. "what happened to you?"

 

the tired boy didn't respond but instead, he stepped inside the dorm and sprawled himself out on the couch. yuna shook her head at him, sighing, then shut the door quietly behind her.

 

she crouched down next to him and poked his cheek. "hey, what's going on? what's wrong?" she asked him gently.

 

jisoo mumbled back, "everything."

 

yuna sighed. "gonna have to be more specific than that, jisoo," she told him, "come on, spill."

 

"i still can't get over him. he was with me for so long, and i was finally happy that he liked me back after how many months," jisoo explained, his voice slightly muffled by the couch cushions. he turned to his side to face yuna. "we went on dates every few days if we had time. i would get him stuff, and he would do the same for me. we were there for each other. we were happy."

 

"so, what happened?"

 

"you know those moments in relationships when you just wonder whether it's real or not—whether the feelings are real or not?"

 

the girl nodded, her eyes furrowed as she tried to understand what jisoo was telling her.

 

"i knew i liked jeonghan—maybe even loved, i don't really know. everyday, every single day, i would just question if he was just leading me on, if he was just faking everything. everyone has doubts about their relationships at one point, but the feeling you get when you find out that it was all true is worse."

 

"i thought that i changed someone or at least their perspective of who i was and who i could be to them, but turns out i was wrong. jeonghan loved someone else, and i should've listened to what my gut was telling me. i had so much doubts about our relationship, and finding out about everything? that just—that just messed me up, i guess," the tired boy finished, tiredly rubbing at his eyes with his arm.

 

"um, okay," yuna replied awkwardly, not knowing what else to say to the other.

 

"you don't have to say or do anything," whispered jisoo. "i know you don't know how it feels, or if you've ever experienced it before."

 

"actually," she began slowly. "i know that you've been through so much, at least more than i have. you don't have to let go or move on so quickly, it's just a work in progress for now. so, um, just keep pushing on, i guess, and if you need any help, you can always ask me." she sent him a small grin and he returned it happily.

 

"thanks," he said, smiling at her fondly.

 

yuna grinned at him and pointed at him with finger guns. "no prob."

 

"is it okay if i crash here?"

 

"sure, dude." the younger girl stepped into the kitchen and took out two tubs of ice cream and two spoons, closing the refridgerator door as she walked back into the living room. "we're gonna watch disney movies because that's what i do in these situations. now, grab a spoon and a tub of delicious goodness and watch."

 

after probably two movies, the position of the two shifted from sitting next to each other with their feet on the coffee table, to jisoo placing his head on yuna's lap while she combed her hands through his soft hair. they finished the ice cream almost towards the end of the first movie, which was "tangled" because of yuna's obsession with it.

 

the end credits of big hero 6 was flashing on the screen, while yuna softly sang along to "immortals", not noticing that the boy, whose head was on her lap, could hear her. "you know," joshua began, the other humming in response. "i haven't heard you talk in english in a while."

 

yuna froze, abruptly stopping the action of running her fingers through joshua's hair. she sighed, "i just prefer speaking in korean, i guess," she muttered, chuckling halfheartedly at the older boy when he pouted at her.

 

"can you talk to me in english then?" jisoo's eyes gleamed with hope as he looked up, grinning innocently at her, hoping she would give in. "oh, fine," said yuna.

 

"have you watched 'adventure time' lately?" she asked in english, making the other clap happily at the sound of her voice. "there's a lot going on apparently."

 

joshua immediately relaxed, partially in the younger's arms. "i like the sound of your voice, it calms me down even if i'm stressed as ," he chuckled.

 

yuna laughed. "such a gentleman," she .

 

he rolled his eyes at her playfully before grinning. "whatever, rapunzel."

 

***

 

taehee angrily stomped her way to the rooftop of one of the university buildings near the dorm areas. she carried her backpack on her shoulders as she went up flights of stairs. her eyebrows were furrowed in frustration and concentration mainly on her thoughts and the events of that day.

 

"so that's what you think of me, huh?" said kai, her eyes blazing with fury. "a liar? a ? a worthless nobody who wants attention?"

 

taehee glared. "you don't even know what my side of the story is, kai," she hissed. "so don't go jumping to conclusions before even knowing what's really going on."

 

kai rolled her eyes at the other. "yuna and mina told me that you ing insulted me, and talked about me behnd my back. they've been your friends longer than i have, and i honestly don't know why they've even been your friend for this long."

 

"yuna only tells you things because she likes you," the younger blurted out then slapped shut with the palm of her hand. 

 

the other narrowed her eyes at taehee. "don't try to bring them into this, you're the one who started this crap," she seethed. "especially yuna since you say that she's your best friend."

 

taehee shook her head in attempt to remove the memory from her thoughts at the moment. before she knew it, she finally reached the rooftop. she walked towards tge edge and felt the winter breeze against her face, closing her eyes to relax before screaming, " you, universe!"

 

as if on cue, she heard someone crying. it was like this person was only a few meters away from her. she walked towards the sound of the sobbing and found a familiar boy, kunpimook bhuwakul, a.k.a. bambam. taehee had seen him around campus a couple of times, he was usually with his girlfriend (who was supposedly her best friend's ex girlfriend according to jisu).

 

taehee knelt down next to him and cooed, "hey, why are you crying?"

 

the boy didn't respond, he just sobbed even more. his body was shaking as the tears slipped down his cheeks, and his eyes were getting puffy. taehee sighed, "wanna talk about it?"

 

bambam shook his head. he pulled his knees against his chest and hugged himself, covering his face with his arms. "you can just let it all out if you feel like it. i'll just wait here, all right?"

 

bambam nodded curtly, his body still shaking. all they could hear was the sound of cars and bells in the distance and the sound of the boy's quiet sobs and sniffling. 

 

"it's my fault," he whispered more to himself than to taehee, but she heard him anyways. "it's all my fault."

 

"what?" she asked him curiously. "what's your fault?"

 

he glanced at her, his eyes glazed with tears as they ran down his cheeks. "it was nothing until it became something," he told her vaguely. "and it's all my fault. i'm so sorry."

 

the saddened boy continued to whisper apologies over and over again while the troubled girl beside him rubbed his back comfortingly in the cold. but what lingered in taehee's mind was bambam's words to her.

 

it's all my fault.

 

 

[a/n:]

dOUBLE UPDATE!! ok so i hope you enjoyed some of the yunsoo/jina moment (idek with the ship name ok so just pick one that sounds better and comment) but oOooOOhHh something going on on with bambam 👀 

 

(hope this makes up for the long wait for this chap)