we need to talk (part two)

just a rumor | seventeen

kai shook her head at her friends' conversation then deciding to start to get ready to go out of her dorm. she walked out of her room and towards the door to go out while taking a hoodie or a sweater until she realized all she was wearing was a pair of socks, pajama pants, and a black t-shirt that said "i don't do monday's".

kai rushed back into her room, flailing her arms around randomly and dramatically as she picked the first pieces of clothing she saw in her closet. she slips on a pair of sweatpants, a jacket, and a random pair of rubber shoes she found lying around on the floor.

she waits around for an uber to arrive before she dashed down the stairs of the dorm and out of the building and casually climbed into the car, acting as if she hadn't been running all the way down a bunch of stairs. at least, she thought she was acting normal.

the driver sent her a weird look from the rear view mirror before asking her, "where d'you want me to take you, miss?" after she told him where to go, kai took several glances at her phone to check the time and looked out the window every once in a while. once she saw she arrived at the restaurant, she payed the driver some cash while muttering, "keep the change." she climbed out of the car and walked up to the entrance where some of her friends were already waiting.

"so when are we gonna go in?" kai asked seokmin. "i'm getting a hungry."

seokmin answered her, "we just need to wait for yuna, mina, seungkwan, hansol, and chan."

"ah, alright," she responded, still feeling out of breath from awhile ago. she looked around and saw mingyu and wonwoo arguing about cats and dogs, while minghao continued to talk to jisu, completely ignoring jun who was beside her.

"seungkwan and hansol? they're probably together or something," kai said, putting her hand on her hip. seokmin rolled his eyes and sighed "aren't they always?" before looking at his phone again.

"you all right there?" she asked the boy, worried as to why he was suddenly upset. "n-nothing, its just, n-never mind," he stuttered, walking away from her. surprised, a man suddenly walks towards her and asks if she's part of table 'fabulous children'. trying to contain her laughter, she nods and the man leads her to a table on the other side of the restaurant, the rest following behind. 

"i'll text yuna and hansol the name of the group" taehee says, as she takes a seat next to soonyoung. "how about chan?" he asks, opening the menu. "he's probably at dance, he hates it when we text him when he's at dance practice. he's probably going to come late too, he can text us himself." he answers, taking a bite from the free chips on the table. 

***

"unnie, what took you so long?" taehee says, shaking her head towards yuna and mina. "you took longer than seungkwan and hansol, what happened?" kai asks. 

"mina drove, so we got into a small car crash" yuna rolls her eyes, as she takes the seat next to kai. "car crash? i just scratched the car." mina sits next to jisu. 

"still, we got stuck for like 15 minutes there, mina. plus, that poor man had 6 children in that car. imagine what you could've done if you hit the car, the poor lives of the little tiny children."

"well, good thing i don't hit the car then don't you think?"

***

"i-is that jeonghan-hyung?" mingyu asks, after taking a mouthful of noodles. everyone takes a look at where mingyu was referring too; and yes, jeonghan was there. 

"with joshua and seungcheol? they haven't been talking for like 3 weeks. what happened?" seungkwan asks, looking back at his plate full of beef and vegetables. 

"wait, jihancheol is here?" yuna takes a bite of her bread, before nodding to hansol's question. 

"weird, i didn't see them when we came in." hansol crosses his arms 

"neither did i. they don't look so happy though," mina sighs, as she watches the trio, sat in the very back and corner of the restaurant. 

suddenly, a loud voice catches everyone off guard, shouting words that stops everyone around from eating their meals. 

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, SEUNGCHEOL!" joshua, as they recognized, shouted, and quickly getting off his seat to leave for the entrance. 

he catches a glimpse of the people looking at him. he shakes his head once he catches his sees friends sat there, worried and confused expressions drawn on their faces. he fastens his pace to the exit before anyone could notice the sad faces of jeonghan and seungcheol. 

he reaches for the younger's hand rested on the table, but as seungcheol's palm rests on the top of jeonghan's, he pulls back immediately. seungcheol sighs and whispers a sad 'i'm sorry' before mentally telling himself that it really was all his fault.

jeonghan soon left, only sparing a glance and a small smile at the table of friends that he spotted.

seungcheol payed for what jeonghan and jisoo left on the table, before running his hands through his hair, and trying hard not to cry in a fairly large, and almost occupied restaurant. 

", i'm an idiot," he told himself, chuckling at how stupid he had been. then he left, wiping his eyes, not even wanting to look at anyone, or anything besides the floor. he kept his head down, and exited trough the door farthest from where his friends were.

they were worried, his friends. they were confused and worried. they looked at each other, with those emotions shown on their faces, except for seokmin and soonyoung. they were relived that their friends finally understood why they need to talk about the situation, dispute the fact that they already know the truth. well, part of it at least.

seokmin took a sip from his smoothie, and sighed.

"i told you we needed to talk about this."

[a/n:]
i just made a quotev acc today, so you guys can go on quotev and read it there too if you want. my quotev username is still sugakookies51 btw
also 400 views??? thanks!!!, next update will probable be on monday or whenever i feel like the chapter is ready to be published.