there's something i need to tell you

just a rumor | seventeen

"gucci?" mina suggests, taking a sip from her coffee. "no, i think she has too much of those, to be honest," yuna says  in reply, her eyes mainly focused on the cookie in her hands and the hot chocolate placed in front of her.

the two friends were at the mall, specific Wow ally because mina said so. she said she needed help in choosing something, and god knows why the hell she picked yuna of all people. what's wrong with asking yuna about this stuff? well, yuna can never make a decision by herself. she can't even make a clear decision when she has help from someone. now at starbucks, mina constantly threw in brand names while the younger tried to debate if it would be a good gift for jisu or if it would be a trashy gift for her.

"how about a pandora bracelet? or a necklace? does she even have one of those?"

"again," yuna said, rolling her eyes at her rambling friend. "i don't ing know. i'm a type of person who makes the gifts 'cause i wouldn't know what's specific thing to get them. besides, you talk to her more than i do."

"please just help me think of suggestions," mina begged. 

then the younger suggested, "you could make a collage of stuff that she likes or something. you could make up something to thank her for whatever she buys you."

the older shook her head at the suggestion. "no, that stuff's pretty cliché, and you know that our friendship isn't cliché. also because jisu doesn't like anything cheesy."

"well, jisu likes a lot of things," yuna summarized. "and of all those things, i don't know what she has. well, that and i don't really know what she wants or likes at the moment."

park mina let her head hit the table gently as she groaned. "i will never get this done."

yuna suddenly asks her, "why the heck are you so worked up about this? you're acting as if you haven't gotten her something cheap for her past birthdays over the years."

"i just wanna change it up a bit and make up for the crappy gifts i gave her before," she reasoned, her voice slightly muffled by her arms, which her head was resting on at the moment. she brought her head up from their former place on her arms and looked up at her friend sitting in front of her. "i always manage to give her something crappy even if she buys me like everyday. i wanna give her something meaningful but not cheesy. 'cause you know, jisu's been a great friend, and she manages to cheer me up, but also makes me want to rant about her endlessly when we fight about something stupid. i just wanna sort of say thank you for what she does for me, i guess."

once mina finally finished rambling on and on to her friend, yuna muttered, "that was a pretty long reason. you could've just settled with 'i wanna get her a good gift for once', you know."

the other narrowed her eyes at her as yuna put her hands up in mock surrender. "look," she started off. "i know that i usually say this as a joke with kai and taehee, but do you like jisu?"

mina laughed nervously. "of course i do, we're friends, aren't we?"

yuna rolled her eyes at the other's response to her question. "don't give me that cliché romance movie bull. you like her, don't you?"

the younger's stare was burning into mina's head the longer she took to answer the question. after a while, her stare intensified, and mina finally gave in. "i need to tell you something important, something i don't want you tell anyone else until i say so."

yuna nodded. "okay, go ahead."

the older took a deep breath and gathered up all the courage she could muster within herself. then she told her friend, "i'm gay."

"what?" her voice was nearly above a whisper, laced with a mix of disbelief, curiosity and a tone of uncertainty.

with a voice much louder and clearer, mina says, "i'm gay."

there was a rather awkward silence between the two after that statement. from time to time, yuna would turn to her with her lips parted as if she wanted to say something, but closes and she turns away once again. after what felt like hours, the younger finally said, "it's okay."

"is that really all you have to say?"

"yeah, i guess," she shrugs. "like, i mostly shipped you and jisu as a joke, but i never really thought your feelings were actually like that."

the older laughed bitterly. "believe me, neither did i." there was a short pause in the conversation, but mina broke it by saying, "i don't want you to treat me differently or see me differently. i'm still the same mina you've known since middle school."

yuna didn't respond to that, so mina took it as an advantage to keep on going. "the feelings started around nine months ago. i didn't know what was going on, i just thought that it meant we were getting closer as friends. but then i started to realize a while after what those feelings meant. it took me a while to get the courage to actually tell anyone, especially if it was someone as close to me as you. i didn't know how you would react. but, here i am, telling you about it. you don't have to say anything, i just don't want you to see me differently," mina finished in a hushed whisper with tears b her eyes. 

a tear slipped down her soft cheeks, but a hand wiped it away. her friend chuckled, "don't cry. you know i get emotional when people cry, especially if it's you or anyone i'm close to."

mina laughed softly but didn't say anything else. yuna continued, "i don't see you differently, and i guarantee that i won't see you differently because of this. i accept you for who you are because if i didn't, i would've left you and your weird personality years ago, mina." the other smiled slightly at her, her eyes filling up with more tears.

"i won't judge you for this, you're just being yourself. anyways, what i'm trying to say is that i will never leave you just because of something like your uality. you know i support, right? so don't expect me to desert you anytime soon," the younger finished, trying so hard to make it seem like she wasn't on the brink of crying. 

mina thanked yuna for her little speech. "no prob, dude." yuna beamed. "besides, i know how you feel."

then the shorter of the two chuckled softly. "we might've forgotten that we're in a starbucks at the mall though."

the other grinned sheepishly. "at least there's surprisingly not much people here today," she said, "there's only a few people here and there like the people behind the counter who are slacking off, a guy on his laptop with headphones on, and that hungover kid that fell asleep an hour ago."

"whatever." mina rolled her eyes playfully at her friend. "let's just finish up here and head back to they dorms."

"i thought we were gone buy jisu a gift." yuna smirked.

mina waved it off, saying, "we'll either buy it off of amazon or just go back tomorrow or something. now let's go~"

the two girls walked back to their shared dorm as they did every single day of the week. they decided to call it a free day so that they could do whatever they wanted. now, they were walking up the stairs to get to their floor.

"hey, yuna?" mina suddenly said out of the comfortable silence they were maintaining.

"yeah?"

"what did you mean when you said you knew how i felt about the...situation?" questioned the older girl. her eyes slightly narrowed at the taller girl next to her, who was beginning to stammer and stumble on her words.

and all yuna managed to stutter out was, "i-i—i'm e-empathetic..?" but the two have known each other long enough to tell if the other was lying; that and yuna was a pretty bad liar.

all mina had to do was give her a pointed look until she gave in. "fine," yuna sighed. "i'm not that sure of which team i'm on."

the older raised her eyebrow at her friend's words. "team?" then the other whispered to her cautiously, "you can never know who's listening in with all the k.b. nonsense."

mina motioned for the younger to go on and explain what she was saying beforehand. "like, i just think of doing and saying things that i wouldn't usually say to some people. it's hard to explain but yeah," yuna continued what she was supposed to say minutes ago.

"who do you think you have feelings for?"

yuna stayed silent once mina finished asking her question. "is it kai?" no words came out of the taller girl's mouth. "is it shua?" still no response. all she did was stare at the ground as if she was deep in thought.

then yuna whispered, "i can't explain."

"at least try to explain it to me," the other urged, her voice soft and gentle so that the younger wouldn't be startled. "please? i wanna help you."

"confused," replied yuna. "i'm confused."

[a/n]:
ok so here's the story behind mina's uality:
>in high school, she dated boys because the boys would like her 
>she never had feelings for any of them, but she had this strong belief that if you love someone, you deserve to be loved back
>she dated mingyu in 10th grade because she thought she liked him she had this feeling like "yes, a boy i actually like" 
>but no, it was their strong platonic relationship that made her think she loved him
>it was after that when she realized that boys probably aren't her thing
>then she remembers all the times she's talked about a boy, which was never
>she then developed a crush on jisu unexpectedly, and when she realizes that she's never talked or thought  about a guy, or anyone like the way she talks or thinks about jisu, she realized that she ways gay
>she realized that she's been hiding her love for girls because of all the men that loved her, she was too caught up in having to force love instead of what she can love without trying.
>do you get it nor no?