answer me

just a rumor | seventeen

"that's pretty easy."

"you're a genius, of course it's easy for you! this is so hard," mina groaned, burying her face in a pile of notes.

yuna smirked at her friend who was currently pretending to be on the brink of tears and was making fake crying sounds. "that's what i get for being in advanced classes in high school," she said proudly with a smug smile making its way to her lips. 

mina's fake crying stopped abruptly, and she looked up from the messy pile of papers and notebooks. "i hate you," she said pouting.

the younger aww'ed and put a hand on her heart saying, "i love you, too, friend." the older glared at her once more and opened to say something but was interrupted by the knocks on the door.

mina turned to yuna and asked, "did you invite someone over?" and she knew she was right when she saw the sheepish grin on her face. "when? i'm literally wearing shorts and an oversized shirt that smells like lays! i'm barely decent enough for guests!"

yuna rolled her eyes at mina. "oh, shut up. han and shua have seen you at your best and your worst. all of us have, to be honest."

mina's eyes widened. "han's here? with shua? since when was it not awkward?"

the younger rolled her eyes once again and walked out of the room as she was going to answer the door. she exited the room saying, "it's still awkward, so kai asked me to help a bit. besides, people are gonna be asking me for extra notes for tests and crap anyways."

she opened the door and found the two boys awkwardly standing next to each other, avoiding each other's eyes. jeonghan nudged for joshua to say something, but he nudged him back.

"hey, guys," yuna greeted, trying to bite back a small smile.

"hello." joshua waved while jeonghan sent her a warm smile.

yuna opened the door wider, beckoning them to come inside the dorm she shared with mina. speaking of mina, she was in her roommate's room gathering up her notes and books, some of the papers slipping out of her arms with each step she took towards the living room.

the two boys walked into their friends' dorm and wandered off into the living room where they were all going to hang out and pretend there wasn't any kind of crappy drama going on that concerned their group of friends.

"you guys can just put your anywhere in the room," mina told them. 

once they all took seats around the living room with mina on the couch, joshua and jeonghan on separate chairs, and with yuna sitting contently on the floor.

"you sure you're okay on the floor?" joshua asked yuna. "i'm okay to switch with you if you want."

the girl shook her head. "i'm fine, gentleman joshua," she , a grin making its way to both of their faces. mina then cleared and asked, "can i copy more of your notes now?"

yuna shrugged. "sure. and if you guys"—she pointed at the two boys sitting in front and beside her—"need anything, just ask the nerd or the cinnamon roll currently using said nerd's notes."

as the four of them studied, exchanging words more than needed with a few laughs and jokes here and there, it all felt like things had gone back to the way they were before; the way they were meant to be if the drama never happened. they were all thinking this in their heads as they took several glances at each other when they looked up from their (pointless) studies.

"this was actually pretty good," commented joshua.

"if you remove the school part then yeah, it was," mina said.

while they were both sitting upright on the couch or on a chair, yuna was lying down on the floor not making any noticeable movements at all. she just stared at the ceiling. jeonghan noticed and he sat down beside her and poked the girl to see if she was okay.

"are you alive?" he joked.

yuna replied in an almost robotic voice, "very much so."

"this is pretty great, isn't it? it's like we're in high school again. not much drama or problems, just us being human." jeonghan lied down next to her as the two others in the room didn't notice they were on the ground talking.

yuna glanced at the boy from her peripheral vision and let an amused smile appear on her face. "well aren't you thinking deeply about life?" she said in a sarcastic tone.

jeonghan chuckled softly be shook his head at her. "it's been a bit hard not to lately, considering everything that's going on. i'd rather not be alone with too much thinking going on in my head."

"how's it going with him?"

jeonghan's eyebrow raised. "him who?"

the younger rolled her eyes at his stupid question. "shua, of course! i know how it's been going with you and cheol, i either hear about it from other people or from him," she told him, "so, how's it going?"

"it's been awkward."

"yeah, i know, i could sense it," yuna agreed.

"then why the hell did you have to ask?" the older asked.

yuna shrugged. "i wanted to see how you reacted, but i bet it's all better now. at least, better than it was when he found out."

jeonghan glanced at joshua, who was laughing beside mina while they talked about even more embarrassing and weird moments they had recently. a faint smile was sketched on his face as he watched him smile brighter and wider than he did in the last few days. 

then he nodded. "it is. it's all good."

it was all peaceful between the two, just lying down there. at one point they almost fell asleep if it wasn't for their friends' shouting for ice cream sandwiches.

***

meanwhile, jun was staring blankly at the screen of his phone, just waiting for minghao to reply to any of his messages. even if it was just a simple ' off', he would be pleased to find out that he responded.

jun let out a frustrated groan. "ugh, why isn't he answering?" grumbled jun, running his hands through his hair tiredly.

at one point, the boy gave up on trying to get his boyfriend or friend—he wasn't sure about what was happening or what happened to their relationship—to respond to his many texts. so he did the next thing that came onto his mind: he messaged the only person (at least, that's what he thought) who knew what was going on besides minghao.

kingofchina: can you tell me what's going on with minghao?
kingofchina: please?

aunt kai: it's his business and this is between the two of you
aunt kai: this doesn't concern me, so i can't tell you

[a/n]:
hey i just wanna say thanks for 1,000 views!!!
at the moment, its 1,000 views here on aff and 500 on wattpad, and can i just say-tHANK YOU 
i never expected to have so much (well, for me it's a lot) views on this story lmao 
anyway, i'll try to update when i can, maybe not double, but i'll try 
in short, just thank you :)))