nothing means something

just a rumor | seventeen

"that son of a thought." mingyu laughed, taking another chip from the bag in front of him. 

 

he was still wearing his werewolf costume but without the hands and mask, of course. he was sitting beside his best friend, wonwoo, who was dressed as a vampire for the night. make up made them look like a terrifying duo to be with. the scars on mingyu's face almost looked real, and the blood dripping on wonwoo's lip looked anything but fake. 

 

"poor him though. all he wanted was the girl." wonwoo frowned, crossing his arms. "yeah, but he's a nonetheless. he's cheated on his first girlfriend twice," the younger defended.

 

"still, he actually acts decent now, and besides, that was years ago. people can change."

 

"you sure about that?" mingyu questioned, and wonwoo nodded. 

 

"i don't know what happened to you though 'cause you're still a ," wonwoo snickered.

 

before mingyu could fake slap the older, the dorm room door oppens abruptly. standing by the frame was an annoyed-looking minghao with his cap on and a bag that seemed to contain all of his books. in his hands was an outfit kept in a plastic bag. 'probably his halloween costume...' wonwoo's thoughts trailed off.

 

mingyu instantly removes his hand that was draped around wonwoo's shoulder and fixes his posture. he was afraid minghao would assume something was going on when there really wasn't. that's what he thinks at least. wonwoo, unsure what to do by mingyu's sudden movement, sits up and pauses the movie. 

 

after what minghao confessed to jun, he's been in a bad mood the entire night. he wished to tell him the truth, everything, but before he could, the older left his seat to go back to the party upstairs, leaving minghao alone in the cold basement. 

 

they went trick or treating after finding all 18 of them. minghao decided not to join their plans and walked to the library, thinking over what the hell he was doing. notification and after notification came popping up from his phone. 

 

"um...hi, hao..." mingyu trails, and minghao rolls his eyes. "why do you look so scared of me?" minghao asks grumpily, crossing his arms over his chest. "we're basically the same age, gyu."

 

"right, it's just that i haven't seen you so...angry looking? and the make up makes you look scary..." mingyu trailed off, carefully choosing the right words to say.

 

"make up makes everyone look scary," minghao mutters under his breath. 

 

"well, it depends on the type of make up. the one we're wearing is purposely making us look scary. if we wore our normal make up, it would make us 10 times more gorgeous than we already are," wonwoo quickly responded. mingyu claps loudly but then slowly stoped once he realized it was only him doing so. 

 

"whatever, and why is wonwoo here?" he takes the bag of chips on the table in front of the two and asks them, "you guys on a date or something?"

 

the two look at each other, and minghao can tell that there's at least something going between the two. he may always seem inactive and closed off, but he can just tell. 

 

he can tell that there's something more than friendship going on between mingyu and wonwoo. there's something different with the way mina looks at jisu. he can tell that yuna feels unsure in the most difficult way. he can tell that junhui is confused, desperate, and lonely all because of him. minghao just notices the small things that can lead to even bigger things in the future that can say something about a person.

 

"huh? date, mingyu and my name in one sentence? i've never heard of such a thing," wonwoo wittily replied. "besides, why would I go out with someone like mingyu?"

 

for a second, minghao swore he saw mingyu frown a little. "yeah right, you're acting as if we've never been on a date before." 

 

"that's 'cause we haven't, gyu." wonwoo turned to face him with a weirded out expression. "what the hell is a date to you anyway?" 

 

"wait, we haven't? i thought that trip to the park two days ago was..." mingyu sheepishly grinned at him as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

 

"mingyu, what the ?"

 

sighing, minghao lets the two friends off and walks into his own room. compared to other dorms in the collage, he stayed in the biggest. he shares the apartment like dorm with his batch mates, seokmin and mingyu, even though seokmin is barely even there. 

 

since junhui never liked the idea of his boyfriend sleeping in the same room as a biual or a straight (friends or not) person, minghao was offered his own bedroom in the 2-room-dorm. he always liked that idea. he didn't have to be annoyed if someone stayed up too late or if someone woke up too early. 

 

so far, his second year in collage wasn't as bad as he thought it would. honestly, he expected there to be a few slaps and punches here and there, maybe a little bit of verbal abuse. luckily, his friends were mature enough to never take it that far—at least that's what he thinks. ever since jun's party, things have been going downhill, and you can trust minghao when he says that. he was the most sober after seokmin that night. 

 

he falls down on his bed and rubs his bloodshot eyes. 'junhui, junhui, junhui' he thinks to himself. he tries. he tries to feel something, anything, but gets nothing. 

 

he feels nothing. 

 

he sits up and grabs his phone. 65 messages from the group chat, and 0 messages from junhui throughout the day which wasn't the usual 45. god, he feels terrible. all minghao wanted to do is to go up to his best friend and tell him the truth. 

 

he wants those cuddles again, the short kisses and the intertwined hands. he wants to his hands wrapped around junhui's and feel the warmth. he wants to experience those cold nights at his place and then just doing whatever they wanted. he wants the intimacy that they can share with each other, the feeling of being close and needed by one another.

 

he didn't need the romance and love, he just wanted the feeling and thrill of being with junhui; that was all that mattered to him. he just can't tell him why he would do such a thing to hurt him. 

 

then he checks his phone again.

 

                   halloween     10/31/17

•remember that 17 group ??

•well,,,

•minghao apparently never loved junhui 

•im honestly so confused but ??? 

•idk why would minghao lie about his love anyway? kinda stupid tbh 

•i hope jun finds real love tho 

•k.b. 

 

"i'm a stupid ," he whispers to himself, and maybe he was right after all.