I think we're good

just a rumor | seventeen

"whatever, just get inside," joshua says, making seungcheol think kai got him to warm up a bit. 

the moment the three stepped into joshua's dorm, they felt the awkwardness in the room. kai and taehee left them to have some privacy to talk, walking out of the living room to the kitchen with kai calling out, "just call us if you need anything!"

seungcheol, jeonghan, and joshua stood there awkwardly, avoiding each other's gazed by looking at everything around the room except at each other. joshua cleared his throat and said, "so you guys wanted to talk?" 

seungcheol tried looking him in the eye, but he still avoided his gaze. he glanced at jeonghan who was standing beside him, looking at the floor, shooting several sad glances towards the owner of the house. "yeah," seungcheol finally replied, "we need to talk things out."

they all stood there even after what he said until joshua rolled his eyes and said, "well? take a seat then."

seungcheol and jeonghan sat down on the couch, keeping a small distance between each other while joshua sat on the chair opposite them. "so, um, i suggest we  say our sides of the story or something," he suggested. 

joshua shrugged. "'kay, sure."

seungcheol glanced at jeonghan, silently asking him if he was okay with it as well. jeonghan looked at him and nodded, agreeing with the suggestion he gave. 

the eldest cleared his throat. "so who do we start with?"

joshua rolled his eyes at him once again. "you're making this sound as if it's a therapy talk or something."

"i'm trying my best right now, alright? everything's so awkward among the three of us, and i wanna make everything better again. but i don't know how, so don't act like you've tried to do something to make this problem solved." seungcheol's voice was starting to raise every few seconds he said those words.

then joshua retorted, "well, i'm sorry for not knowing what happened at all. i didn't think i needed to anymore since it's pretty much like i've been replaced." his voice started raise as well, along with his suppressed anger.

in the kitchen, taehee and kai were listening and silently watching everything unfold in front of them. "i don't think this plan of yours is working so well, taehee," kai whispered to taehee, not even tearing her gaze off of their three friends.

taehee rubs her face with her hand frustratedly. "i know, i know. should we stop them before they start fighting?" she asked the older. 

kai looked unsure and sighed. "i think they might need a little help from us." 

"yup, they definitely do," agreed taehee.

kai nudged the shorter girl in the ribs. "they need help from us!" she hissed and pulled her by the arm as they walked back into the living room where two of their friends were glaring daggers at each other while the third one sat silently. they didn't even notice the two walk in until kai said softly, "i think you guys need a little help with this."

"you think?" 

kai rolled her eyes at him. "just be happy we're helping before you guys rip your throats out." she took a seat on the floor next to joshua while taehee took a seat to jeonghan's left on the couch.

"so where do we start?" kai asks.

"um, i think that's what we need help in," seungcheol answers the older, scratching the back of his neck. 

"oh."

"well, you can start by not fighting and actually trying to understand each other?" taehee tries. "hey, another smart thing came out of your mouth today, i'm proud." kai smiles, and claps her hands, murmuring a small 'yay me'.

"ok, so anyway, seungcheol, what's your side of this problem?" 

"oh, um, do i really have to-" he gets cut off by kai saying that he has to trust them on these things, or things will never go back to the way it was. grinning, joshua agrees and seungcheol throws glares at him before telling his side of the story. 

"in third grade we made a promise..." he starts, and suddenly the room becomes more quiet that it usually was.

"the promise was to never leave anyone behind, never let anyone go further. we were best friends, always together every school project and activity. it was, weird how we'd stick together all the time. in seventh grade, when i first meet you guys through jeonghan, i actually felt intimidated, i always thought us three had the strongest friendship. i realized was wrong when i meet you guys. anyway, jeonghan and i-we, started to date secretly during the first year of college, and even joshua didn't know. it's embarrassing, but i've never been in a relationship before, i never knew what it was like to-love someone. honestly, i didn't know what to do." he looked down at the white tiled floor, and played with his fingers, his bangs covering his face. 

"jeonghan always told me that he adored me, anytime and everywhere, and i-i didn't know what to do; i never know what to do. me, being my stupid self, pushed him away because i was scared that one day, i'd break my best friend's heart, but at that time, it was boyfriend's. i think jeonghan thought that i didn't care about the relationship, but-i really did, and-" he shook his head 

"i just didn't know how to tell you, and when you told me you wanted to break up, i was actually hurt, even if it didn't seem like it, i was. you were always with shua after that, and seeing you two made me feel worse, because i realized that-jeonghan?" he turned his head to meet eyes with the boy a few seats away from him.

"i realized that you mean so much more  to me that you ever have, and i was stupid to let myself be so cold to you, i'm sorry." 

kai nodded towards jeonghan. "you have anything to add or say about your situation then, jeonghan?"

he hesitated before nodding and saying, "cheolie, it felt like you didn't care about the relationship, or me even. i thought that you were, i don't know, doubting our relationship. i tried ending it earlier so i wouldn't have to deal with any heartbreak you could give me, but i still ended up heartbroken. then i went to shua-"

"don't call me shua," joshua interjected frustratedly.

jeonghan continued nonetheless, "i went to him for comfort, and the rest you guys already know."

"huh," taehee mumbled, "it actually does feel like a group therapy session." kai glared at her shortly before telling joshua to say his part of the situation even if she had already heard it and the others probably knew it as well.

joshua said with a stone cold face, "when jeonghan went to me for comfort, i took him in. it was hard for me to see one of my closest friends so down and heartbroken. i started to care for him more, and before i knew it, i had feelings for him."

"we started dating secretly, going on dates every now and then when we wanted to. i gave all my time and love into it, so when you"—he nodded at jeonghan, who had a guilt-stricken face as he listened intently—"told me that you kissed seungcheol, i feel like i wasted all i did on nothing. i tried to get your mind off of him, jeonghan, but i guess i couldn't."

there was an awkward silence that washed over all five friends, and they were content with it. they needed some time to think about the situation before jumping to conclusions like they did in the past. and after a few minutes of thinking deeply about life, kai cleared and continued their little therapy. 

"so," she started. "first of all, seungcheol, instead of hiding what you felt about being in a real relationship for the first time, you could've told jeonghan. relationships are meant to be for both of the partners and not just one of them."

"is that why you're not in one then?" taehee mumbled, not thinking that the tall girl beside her giving a speech would notice. unfortunately, she did since she hissed, "shut up, hoe."

kai continued on with her little speeches, pretending like that little scene never happened. "jeonghan." she nodded towards him, acknowledging him. "you could've asked seungcheol about his feelings so that you would know if you were doing something wrong or if there was something that was troubling him."

"i did that, and he said it was nothing!" he jeonghan protested.

"well then, seungcheol should've said the truth. now don't interrupt when the intellectual is talking," said kai.

kai turned to joshua and patted his back. "now you should ask for help when you need it instead of shutting the rest of us out, who mind you, didn't have anything to do with this crap situation. i know you needed time to figure out, but this is like the first time this happened to you. you need to ask advice from people who know this , i mean, you're pretty much five."

kai stood up after finishing her talk, putting her hands on her hips. "so, is this problem solved or what, gang?"

joshua glanced up at her questioningly. "gang? really, kai?"

she narrowed her eyes at him and rhetorically asked, "really, people? that's all you got from this? i'm disappointed, really."

seungcheol sent her a small smile along with jeonghan as well. "thanks for, you know, being the therapist for the day and helping out with the we went through."

kai grinned proudly. "now that's what i was going for."

seungcheol and jeonghan stood up from their seats and started heading out of the dorm until joshua shouted, "hey! where do you two think you're going?"

seungcheol pointed at the doorway and answered, "out?"

he smiled at the two of them and asked, "want some snacks? i got some in the kitchen."

jeonghan smirked at them. "well, we can't say no to that, can we, cheolie?" the two walked back inside and towards the kitchen to look for food as joshua told them where they were. once the couple knew where to get their free food, joshua sat down on his armchair next to kai.

"you know, after hearing you talk about all that, i realized how stupid and closed off is three are." he said, kai agreeing with him. 

"yeah, you guys are a bunch of stupid guys, no wonder you're best friends," she teased. 

"i think i need to go now before, you know? they steal all my food." joshua stands up from his seat, but kai is quick to grab is wrist and turn him around. 

she questioned him, "so d'you think it's all good now?"

joshua glanced at the kitchen doorway as he heard the sound of clattering pans and laughs and giggles. he nodded, replying, "i think we're good."

meanwhile, taehee was standing by the corner, checking out her phone. she had gotten a notification from the drama account since she was 'monitoring' the guy who was behind it. when she read it, taehee's eyes widened in shock.

there was a lot more problems heading their way.

[a/n]:
anywayyy im hoping you don't give up on this fic cause i actually had to review the plot line cause there was too much happening.