the start

just a rumor | seventeen

eighteen people sat at the dimly lit house of jun, bottles and cups of alcohol spread the living room where they all joked around and talked.

the moonlight reflected on their faces as junhui told soonyoung about his 'master plan' to get the last days of summer the best.

"jun, are we seriously going to play truth or dare?" soonyoung asked. "don't we seem—i don't know—a bit too old for this kind of stuff now?"

jun laughed at soonyoung's question. "hey, we can do whatever we can and want to do. plus, i'm gonna add a little twist to the game. that means more fun for us and more drama!" he put his arm around soonyoung and laughed like there was no tomorrow. it was pretty obvious to soonyoung that his friend was now getting a bit tipsy since he never did stuff like this that much.

soonyoung took jun's arm and slowly removed it from his shoulders. he takes a bottle of beer, and goes inside the living room, where everyone was at, and announces the 'master plan' to his friends, "so apparently, jun wants to get drunk so that things would be more fun and exciting." he made hand motions as he said the words "fun and exciting".

"but aren't some of us still, you know, too young to drink?" wonwoo points out. "like vernon, seungkwan, and chan?"

"jun says it'll be fine, he has money, remember?" soonyoung explained.

"oh."

"okay, so three shots of vodka for everyone to start off, except the '98 line and chan. they'll have only two shots of beer."

"98 line? we have names, you know." seungkwan snapped.

"yeah, i know its just to long to say 'vernon and seungkwan', and besides, you guys are always together." vernon blushed, and seungkwan hit his arm telling him not to be to obvious.

"so? mina and jisu are always together, and i don't see any nicknames for them," he said, trying to defend himself.

"that's cause we all know you guys already have a thing for each other, just admit it." kai smirks. disgusted, mina throws one of the pillows towards kai, while she laughs.

"ing hell, tell her to stop with the shipping it's annoying." jisu sighs.

the rest of their conversation continued like this while soonyoung filled up everyone's shot glasses with either beer or vodka, yuna said, "i have a feeling i'm gonna regret doing this in the morning" after a short pause of silence.

kai placed her arm behind yuna's back and patted it roughly, but yuna didn't seem to mind. "lighten up a bit, girl. just have fun while you still can. besides, it's not morning yet, is it?"

yuna snickered, and shook her head. she took another look at the shot glass in her hand and felt nervous. "never really drank before, but alright."

they all downed their first shot and felt the burning taste of alcohol in their mouths. when they downed in their second shot, chan was vomiting, and joshua, wonwoo, and mina were starting to feel like the alcohol take the best of them. then they downed their third shot of vodka, and they all were feeling tipsy and some were even starting to feel drunk.

"i thought we were gonna play druth or tare," jisu said, shaking her head. "i mean truth or dare."

jun cheered and clapped excitedly where he sat. "okay, it's gonna be like regular truth or dare, but if someone chooses truth instead of dare, they have to drink a shot. good? good."

the others didn't seem to mind the rules of the game they were about to play, and if they did, their minds too hazy at the moment to make them back out.

"let's start from me!" jun pointed to himself, smiling to widely to actually seem like the regular jun evrryone knew. "okay, soonyoung, truth or dare?"

and the game continued for three rounds with everyone scattered around the living room, laughing, drinking and cheering at the actions and things they said or did.

* * *

"jisu!" mingyu exclaimed. "truth or dare?"

jisu shouted back to him. "truth!"

"any drama lately?"

jisu looked around the room, scanning the faces of her friends to see if they were listening in to what she and mingyu were saying to each other. "i heard that a girl named aeseok dated yuna over there"—she jabbed her thumb towards where her friend was lying on the floor staring at the ceiling as if it fascinated her—"until yuna called it quits. aeseok's currently dating one of taehee's ex boyfriends, bambam as he calls himself; pretty weird ing name. i'm pretty sure it isn't just me, but those two as a couple is a bit uncomfortable." once she finished telling mingyu what she mad heard recently, she grabbed a bottle of vodka and filled her shot glass with it, then finished it quickly.

taehee hiccups, and takes her turn to ask kai the ongoing question. "t-truth o-or da-dare?" she asked in between laughs.

"truth!" she excitedly answers, clapping her hands. "we-weirdest question you asked, w-with the sto-ry line." taehee continues to laugh.

"oh! i asked, um- wait i can't remember-oh, i asked taehyung if he was gay. he never notices that girl, who's she again? oh, jihyo, s-she likes him apparently, a-and! he never talks about girls!"

"WHY'D YOU ASSUME SOMEONE'S UALITY, DON'T ASSUME SOMEONE'S UALITY!" seungkwan shouted, pointing a finger to kai.

"he asked if i was gay once, kwanie." kai shook her head. "like no, ew, i'm an aual prick, dude," then she shook her head again. "no wonder he's so oblivious."

"says the kid who thought i was straight," mina says, continuing their game of 'says the kid' to each other.

"says the kid who clearly matches with jisu," kai smirked.

"ok, how? we're so different?" mina tells the truth.

"it's cute," mingyu laughs, making mina throw another pillow towards him.

"not as cute as junhao," taehee points out.

"um, no? soonhoon are clearly the otp of our friend group."
"says who? its obviously verkwan."
"really? i always thought it was kaisu."
"ew, no, its clearly meanie."
"nope, its gotta be kaina."
"the hell is that? the otp has to be jihan."
" nah, its minsu."
"it's all fake until you see jeongcheol."

while the group continued to argue about who's the cuter couple, kai scooted over to mina, who was arguing as well, and talked to her.

"anyway, vernon and seungkwan are, and look at where they are now," she said while pointing towards the two, who were arguing like a married couple. she might have said it too loud however, because the next thing she knew seungkwan was looking at the girl.

"NOONA, DON'T BRING MY BOYFRIEND INTO THIS, YOU PRICK!" seungkwan angrily shouts, showing that he's the angry type of drunk.

with an annoyed look, kai says, "calm down, kwanie."

"don't 'kwanie' my , don't bring my boyfriend into this." and with that, vernon shakes his head, embarrassed of his own partner.

"show respect to the older, boo, you should-"

"QUIT IT, OH MY GOD!" yuna yells, and everyone, even seokmin and soonyoung, went silent. yuna was flustered, but continued anyway. "okay good, now can please just continue this damn game."

***

the large group of friends were now doing their own things at this time. minghao was dared to film the rest of the 'party', so there he was, filming him drunkenly dancing with vernon to hotline bling. yuna was looking up at the ceiling, as if they were stars and started to slowly fall asleep. taehee tried to do the splits but ended up hurting her legs, so there she was groaning about the pain. wonwoo and mingyu were playing a game of who could come up with the best puns, and jun somehow disappeared.

"jeonghan, truth or dare?" seungcheol asked jeonghan, while seokmin sprayed whipped cream onto his mouth.

"truth," he answered giggling, while taking another shot of vodka.

"who would you rather date, me or joshua?" he says, after a few moments of thinking.

this certain question caught the others' interest as they averted their eyes and turned their attention towards the two males. the group cheered for the two, as if he was in middle school again, about to ask his crush on a date.

they anxiously waited for jeonghan's answer until he smirked, and parted his lips to answer the question that caught everyone's attention.

"joshua."

seungcheol just stared blankly at the male in front of him. there was nothing but silence for a few moments, for this answer baffled almost everyone in their large group. seungcheol shifted his position uncomfortably, and the others around sensed the awkwardness building around the room.

minghao turned his camera off, and yuna got up and started to listen.

they knew that seungcheol liked jeonghan, so they saw this question coming. however jeonghan's answer was what surprised them the most. they had always thought he liked taehee, but they were wrong in every part of that. 

***

"why can't you just let it go, seungcheol?! you never even liked me! half the time you don't even pay attention to me, why are you so interested now?" jeonghan shouted, and at this point the whole group was shifting uncomfortably in their spots, while trying to keep their eyes away from them as they watched the scene unfold in the living room. but jeonghan's statement made at least some of them wonder, is there something we don't know about?

"because, jeonghan...." seungcheol says in a soft, quiet voice.

suddenly, joshua brought himself into the conversation. "because what, seungcheol?! you left him alone to cry, and i had to stay by his side the rest of the week 'cause of the mess you made!" joshua was already drunk, so he didn't know what he was saying nor did he know the reason why he was blurting this out.

"jeonghan..." seungcheol says once again, in a much quieter voice. his eyes showed sadness, it was too obvious for the group to leave it unnoticed.

"god, you drive me crazy. you were mine, and i was yours for 7 months, okay?! you said it was over, so i moved on. why can't you just accept that i don't like you anymore?!" jeonghan's shouts at seungcheol again. he was drunk, and now he was telling the untold past of him and seungcheol.

the others were in utter confusion, they didn't know if they wanted to leave or stay and watch whatever was going to happen.

"because..." seungcheol shook his head, already regretting everything he had done.

"seungcheol, i swear if you're going to say this again just-" jeonghan was cut off.

"BECAUSE I STILL LOVE YOU, YOON JEONGHAN!" he bursted out suddenly.

"I DON'T THINK I EVER TOLD YOU, BUT I LOVED YOU AND I STILL ING DO, I WAS AN IDIOT AND REALIZED THAT WHEN YOU WEREN'T MINE!"

"CAN'T GET OVER THE FACT THAT YOU WOULD CHOOSE SOMEONE OVER ME! I STILL CAN'T GET OVER THE FACT THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO TELL ME YOU LOVE ME BACK BECAUSE YOU CLEARLY DON'T!"

[a/n]:
ok, so just in case any of you are wondering here are the oc's:
choi kai (lim nayoung) (ioi/pristin)'95
yoon jisu (hirai momo) (twice)'95
park mina (jennie kim) (blackpink)'96
min yuna (jeon somi) (ioi)'96
lee taehee (choi yoojung) (ioi)'97