Chapter 1

A Mate's Promise

Minhyuk leaned against the wall on the roof of the apartment building, looking up at the sky. "I wonder how ya'll are doing now?" He asked as he put his hands in his hoodie pockets. "Life has been okay, I wish all of you were here, maybe you could help me help Hyungwon," he said. "He's downstairs, talking with Zelo," he said. "I decided to give them some privacy," he said, sighing. "Maybe one day Hyungwon will snap out of it, just maybe," he said.

The door to the staircase leading up to the roof opened and Daehyun stepped out, looking for Minhyuk. "Minhyuk?" He asked. "I'm here," said Minhyuk as he looked over, spotting Daehyun. Daehyun walked over and stood beside Minhyuk. "Nice night huh?" He asked. "Mm," said Minhyuk. "How's Hyungwon holding up?" Asked Daehyun. "As fine as he can be," said Minhyuk. "He talks about what goes on through his mind sometimes, just to see if it'd help his sanity a little," he said. "Does it work?" Asked Daehyun. "A little," said Minhyuk. "He's downstairs talking with Zelo," he said. "Mm," said Daehyun.

"What's gonna happen now?" Asked Minhyuk as he turned to Daehyun. Daehyun shrugs. "I don't know," he said. "But we gotta hope for the best and make sure Hyungwon makes it through this dark time before something happens," he said. "I'd hate to have iKon go after him after all the effort we put into helping him keep his sanity," he said. "If it comes down to it I want to be the one to kill him," said Minhyuk. "Why? Wouldn't that put a strain on your own sanity?" Asked Daehyun. "I hope that by then I would have found my own mate," said Minhyuk. "Mm," said Daehyun.

"So what brings you up here?" Asked Minhyuk. "I just got home with Yoongi a few minutes ago, they told me you were up here so I came to check on you," said Daehyun. "Mm," said Minhyuk as he looked up at the dark sky. "How was California?" He asked. "It was nice, I never get sent west so that was a new experience," said Daehyun. "JR and the others say hi," he said as he walked over to the edge to look down at the street below to watch traffic. "How are things over there?" Asked Minhyuk as he turned to look at Daehyun. "Fine, Minhyun is keeping the pack together as best as he can, he's determined to keep everyone together even though Youngjae and Jooheon left," said Daehyun. "Did they give a reason?" Asked Minhyuk as he walked over to Daehyun. "Not really, just Jooheon wanting to go back to Changkhyun," said Daehyun. "Mm," said Minhyuk.

"I think I have an idea," said Daehyun as he turned to Minhyuk. "This may seem crazy but I think it may work a little," he said. "If we can get Hyungwon to go with us on these missions maybe it will help keep his sanity," he said. Minhyuk shook his head. "You know how much he despises hunting, he still refuses to talk to his family after everything they've done so far," he said. "It's just a thought," said Daehyun as he scratched the back of his head. "Plus have you ever thought of asking him?" He asked. "You have a point," said Minhyuk as he sighed. "Wonho did the same thing, from what I remember, he took all the assassination missions because it helped his mind," he said. "I'll ask him about it and see what he says," he said. Daehyun nodded. "Come on, I'm making dinner tonight," he said before walking back down into the apartment building. Minhyuk followed after him.

Daehyun worked on dinner and Zelo left going back to his own apartment after making sure Minhyuk was okay. Minhyuk and Hyungwon where in the livingroom watching some tv while Yoongi was helping Daehyun in the kitchen.

"How's things for your brother?" Asked Yoongi as he cut vegetables. Daehyun shrugs. "He seems to be alright, I'm waiting to see if Hyungwon accepts my offer," he said. "You asked him?" Asked Yoongi. Daehyun nodded. "He said he'd think about it, it seems he doesn't want to risk getting in touch with his family but I want to at least help him a little with these missions," he said. "Yeah," said Yoongi as he spaced out a little. "Thinking of Jin-hyung?" Asked Daehyun. Yoongi chuckled some. "You know me so well," he said with sarcasm as he threw a carrot at Daehyun. Daehyun laughs and added the carrot to the pot. Yoongi came over and put the vegatables in the pot and Daehyun stirred the soup they were making for dinner.

"You know, we are acting like every damn couple out there that likes to cook together," said Yoongi as he sighed and moved away. Daehyun chuckled. "Well our wolves are tied together, if we were to start a relationship then it'd be no surprise to anyone," he said. "I just don't want to leave you behind when I find my pure blood mate," he said. Yoongi nodded. "I understand," he said.

"Dinner!" Daehyun called into the livingroom after he finished making dinner. Minhyuk and Hyungwon came into the kitchen to grab a plate and get their dinner. "Soup again?" Asked Minhyuk. "I need to restock my fridge sue me," said Daehyun as he laughs. Hyungwon shook his head and went to get a bowl of soup before going to sit down in the livingroom. Daehyun and the others joined him, eating in silence as they watched tv.

"So, what's gonna happen now?" Asked Minhyuk as they watched a movie. "Well, we have a vacation until Kris calls us out, or we get more missions," said Daehyun. "So we're home for a little bit," he said. "You have plenty of time, besides I think Taeyong and his team are coming for a visit," he said. "They're headed to Europe again so they're stopping in New York City before heading over there," he said.

Daehyun stood and stretched. "I'm going to sleep, don't stay up too long you three," he said before going into the kitchen to wash his dishes and retire to his room for the night afterwards. Yoongi shook his head. "I'm going too, have a good sleep you two," he said before standing and going to the kitchen to wash his dishes before going into his room.

Minhyuk and Hyungwon sighed and sat there in the living room alone. "Well, how's your mind doing?" Asked Minhyuk. "Fine," said Hyungwon. "I'm doing as fine as I can given the circumstances anyway," he said. "I can't help these dark thoughts sometimes, but talking about them has helped a little, I may take up Daehyun's offer on becoming a hunter," he said. Minhyuk nodded. "Just be careful," he said. "I will," said Hyungwon.