Part 7

The Unromantic Novelist
Jaejoong groaned as he walked up the stairs that lead to the literature department. He had been studying late night yesterday cause of a test today and he had gotten very little sleep. His head was pounding.
 
"Hey Jae! Whatsup?" Junsu said cheerfully from his side.
 
"Can't you tell?"
 
"Insomnia?"
 
"No I was up studying all night."
 
"What???" Junsu stopped walking from shock. "Since when did you start to pay attention to your studies?"
 
Jaejoong stopped and turned to give Junsu a glare. "What? You mean I don't study?"
 
 
*Flashback*
 
Jaejoong was typing on his laptop, his deadline was within this week. He had to finish the chapter as soon as possible. His phone beeped indicating a message. Jaejoong stopped typing to glance at his phone screen. Yunho...
 
Yunho: Hi whats up?
 
Jaejoong: Nothing. What about you?
 
Yunho: I just got a break. Today was exhausting
 
Jaejoong: Was it? How are you feeling though? You should've rested more. You only stayed home 3 days.
 
Yunho: I'm good as new! Besides I'm in sick how can I take care of my patients? Though aren't you supposed to be at university?
 
Jaejoong: Good to know that you're better.
And no, todays lecture wasn't as important.
 
Yunho: You should still attend classes!
 
Jaejoong: I told you it wasn't important.
 
Yunho: What if your grades drop? >:( Think about your future, your parents, you their only son.
 
Jaejoong frowned at his phone. Why was Yunho giving him such a lecture? He could feel the age difference now. Mature talk heh.... Of course he cared about his future, but he couldn't tell Yunho that he was currently employed and making lots of money. He didn't wanna reveal that he was author hero. Yunho might start treating him differenly, most importantly Yunho would be angry at him for lying.
 
Jaejoong: Alright alright I'll go attend the class tomorrow. You sound like my mom! My mom doesn't even say that.
 
Yunho: Well get used to it. Whenever you're gonna miss classes I'm gonna knock some sense into you.
 
"Like you were a goodie two shoes student when you were in university." Jaejoong mumbled. "Everyone skips classes." Jaejoong dialed Junsu's number. "Junsuyah... Yeah I'll be coming to class tomorrow.... No I don't wanna come today I have a dead line to catch, you know Changmin would kill me if I messed up this time... What? A test?... What?? Can't I just skip?.. I know! This way my parents would find out I was skipping classes... Ofcourse I need my degree! I need to graduate... Yeah OK bye." Jaejoong threw his phone on his neg and groaned. Great! If he didn't show up he'd fail the semester now he needs to go tomorrow. And it was a difficult one too. He didn't wanna fail, Yunho's words were ringing in his head. What if Yunho found out that he failed a test. Jaejoong gasped. He needed to study! And finish the novel ofcourse.
 
*end of flashback*
 
 
"Want me to be honest?" Junsu spoke. "No..."
 
"Jaejoong oppa!"
 
Jaejoong and Junsu both looked into the direction of that high pitched voice. oh no...
 
"Oppa where were you? I missed you so much!" The girl who was after Jaejoong for the longest period of time, came running and clung onto his arm. Jaejoong massaged his temples with his free hand and groaned "Whats wrong oppa? Do you have a headache?"
 
"Euna, don't you have a class today?" Junsu spoke. "Yoochun went early, the class already started."
 
"shhh!" Euna put her finger on her lips. "I told the professor that I wasn't feeling well and I'm supposed to be at the pharmacy right now."
 
"Why aren't you there?"
 
"I came to see Jaejoong oppa of course! I heard he was coming today. I had to see him before he escaped. Our classes are just too long." She pouted
 
"Well you can let go of me now. I have a class to attend to too." Jaejoong finally spoke and pulled away his arm from the girl's grip. He walked away with Junsu beside him.
 
"He's putting effort into studying! So cool!" Euna squealed.
 
...
 
"I can't believe the test was so easy." Jaejoong stretched his arms as he walked out of the lecture hall, Junsu following behind.
 
"Well, it was 'cause you studied all night." Junsu spoke as they both walked towards the cafe. "Hey, I need to meet Chun before we go. I need to give him back his pen."
 
"Do we have to? Doesn't he have another one?" Jaejoong groaned.
 
Junsu smiled sheepishly, "Well I also wanted to see him you know."
 
"Ah! Alright alright! But you better make it quick. I dont want to bump into Euna."
 
...
 
They
arrived in Yoochun's lecture hall. It was nearly empty only a few students here and there. Jaejoong was thankful that Euna wasn't there. He walked up the stairs along with Junsu to meet Yoochun. The three of them talked a bit. They were best friends since middle school. But university had gotten them really busy and especially because Yoochun wanted to become a doctor and he was in the medical
department and Junsu and Jaejoong were in the literature department, they hardly got to spend time together on the campus.
 
"Ah.. I want to come too. But I have a lecture after this." Yoochun pouted a bit. "They said they're gonna have actual big doctors come and give us a lecture for three days. I'm kinda excited."
 
"You're such a nerd." Jaejoong scoffed.
 
Suddenly all the students started rushing in the class, some even came running. Jaejoong and Junsu didn't get the chance to get out when the head of medical department walked in. The head of department was actually Jaejoong's father's good friend. jaejoong didn't want the old man to see him there or he'd tell his father when they go and play golf on the weekends, that how irresponsible his son is for being in other people's class and not attending his own classes, even though Jaejoong was free for the day. Jaejoong quickly hid under Yoochun's table and shushed him. Junsu just sat down beside Yoochun.
 
"Well now that everyone has settled in, I would like to make an important announcement. As we had informed you we would be asking a special team of doctors to come and give you lectures for three days. The doctors are from Seoul National hospital, one of the top hospitals of South Korea, even foreigners prefer that place. I'm praising it because I, myself have been serving there for good decades of my life."
 
The space under the table was not enough for Jaejoong and it was really uncomfortable, his back started to hurt and that old man was going on and on about stupid stuff, doesn't he have anything better to do?
 
"So as I would like to introduce those well-"
 
JINAGABEORIN~
 
Everyone turned around to the third last bench to see where the song was coming from.
 
eorin sijeoren~
 
Jaejoong panicked as he searched his phone in his pockets and accidentally bumping his head on the underside of the table, then he remembered that it was in his bag. He quickly grabbed his bag and took out his phone.
 
pungseoneul tago~
 
He quickly turned his phone off. The room was dead silent.
 
"Who was it?" The head of department spoke. "You all know how much I hate it when your phones ring during the lecture. Who was it!?" He asked with anger in his voice. Since everyone was looking towards Yoochun Jaejoong didn't want his best friend to take the blame so he got out from under the table and stood up. "Mister Kim?? I shouldn't be surprised. You're known to be involved in even more reckless situations than this but its my first time witnessing it." He crossed his arms. "Hiding in someone else's class to avoid your own class." He tsked.
 
Jaejoong had his eyes on the floor all the time. He didn't want to speak. It was of no use. The old man's harsh words made him feel so small. All eyes were on him. He felt so much shame. "Sir, He just came to visit me." Yoochun spoke up. "His class had already ended."
 
"I never expected this from you Mr. Park. You taking part in this. You're lying for him?"
 
"Its not a lie-"
 
"Thats enough. You ruined my mood for today."
 
"But sir, maybe there is a bit of a misunderstanding here." At the familiar voice Jaejoong raised his head and stared ahead. His eyes met a pair of almond eyes and he just stared and stared, in disbelief. Jung Yunho... "He was here to meet a friend but also I had asked him to come here, his class had ended, right Jaejoongah?" Jaejoong was still staring, was it a dream? His knight in shinning armour, who came to rescure him from this mean old man insulting him infront of the whole class that was not even his. Yoochun nudged Jaejoong with his elbow and Jaejoong quickly nodded.
 
The old man frowned and looked at Yunho. "You know him?"
 
"Yes I do. I have taken care of some of his family's cases. So, i know him. I thought it was a good chance to meet him here and to ask how his family was going since I hardly get out of the hospital." Yunho chuckled. He was acting in such a professional way. The total opposite of the sulking Yunho pouting for ice cream. "I apologize for that. I didn't know that it'd make it inconvenient for all of us."
 
"No need to apologize, doctor Jung." The old man nodded. "This boy is a troublemaker. Many of our girls and boys have gotten worse in their studies because of him. I don't know what spell he casts on him. Because of his father being my good friend I don't treat him harshly, or I would've had him expelled a long time ago." He said in distaste. "And young man you should have you phone off. Even if its someone else's class."
 
"Yes sir. Sorry sir." Jaejoong bowed. He looked towards Yunho who gave him a little smile. The head of the department didn't ask Jaejoong to leave so he just sat in the class oblivious to what the old man was blabbering about. He just stared at Yunho who looked too perfect. The would occasionally make eye contact for a few seconds and everytime it happened, Jaejoong's heart would skip a beat. He was falling deeper
 
........
 
and guys Euna is no one she's just a self made character or an OC. Thanks for reading ♡♡