part 11

The Unromantic Novelist
 
A/N: Hello everyone! I would advice you to download Jaejoong's song drawer and play it on repeat for this chapter ;)
 
.....
 
 
Jaejoong's sleep was getting better and better as time passed. He'd spend most of his time at his parent's house as compared to his own abundant apartment. His sessions with Yunho went pretty well. The blood test showed he was anemic and that he lacked certain nutrients so now coffee and energy drinks were far from his reach and he was trying to eat healthy, with which his Umma was totally helping. Jaejoong couldn't be happier.
 
"Congratulations! Your novel hit the top again." Changmin patted Jaejoong's shoulder. "We need to go to the author's party."
 
"Changmin can I pass?"
 
"Jaejoong. You do know that this is important." The tall manager narrowed his eyes towards Jaejoong.
 
"I'm kinda busy with the university festival. Its the same day as the party. Come on Changmin, I practiced hard for the singing I just can't let it go like that."
 
"You worked hard for the novel too Jae."
 
"But thats different!" Jaejoong whined. "I'll ask Umma to make your favorite kimchi chigae for you. OK?"
 
Changmin tapped his finger on his chin and began to think. "Alright. Deal! But you have to come to the other occasions and the company decided that its finally time when we ask you for an interview."
 
"B-but. I don't want to reveal my identity." Jaejoong became alert.
 
"Relax Jae, they need it for the magazine. They're not gonna show your face. Just a few questions that have the fans curious. Recently they have seen a bit difference in your writing. The feelings are deeper than before. Everyone is wondering if you finally found love." Changmin smirked. Jaejoong had told him about Yunho because if he didn't Changmin was too smart to find out himself and that was dangerous.
 
""What should I do then?"
 
"Honestly, Just go with the interview. It'll calm down the chaos a bit. You don't need to reveal your identity. They just need to know about you a little. But don't lie about anything that you won't be able to cover afterwards. Because at one point or another the cat would be out of the bag and you wouldn't want to be in a mess."
 
Jaejoong sighed. "alright. When is it?"
 
"We haven't decided the date yet but it'll be within this month. We will consult with you of course. Wouldn't want your busy schedule clashing with work eh?" Changmin smirked at which Jaejoong scowled. They talked about work for a bit after which Changmin left. Jaejoong laid down on his couch. He was back to his apartment again, he had to look for good clothes to wear for tomorrow, for the festival that is. Yunho would be there too. He was too eager to listen to Jaejoong sing. Jaejoong sighed. It made him even more nervous. It had been years since he sang infront of people. He was confidant that his voice was good but not confidant in himself. He didn't know if he would be able to carry his vocal abilities just fine. Heechul has assured him. Junsu didn't have to practice until the last two days since that boy had an angelic voice and he had been singing at the festivals every year. But everyone who had heard him sing had told him that he was doing great. Jaejoong couldn't sleep well that night. No matter how hard he tried, he felt anxious and nervous. What if he screwed up. Especially infront of Yunho.
 
....
 
Today was the day. The day when Jaejoong had to sing infront of hundreds of people once again. But this time it would be grown ups and well... He was nervous. Jaejoong rubbed his hands together trying to create some warmth since they kept getting cold cause of anxiety.
 
"Calm down!" Heechul groaned and he slapped the other's shoulder. "Nothing is going to happen. You'll do great."
 
"I'm nervous."
 
"I am too. But its just a university festival. You're not performing in a concert." Heechul scoffed.
 
"Everyone will be watching me." Jaejoong's eye were as big as of a child who was scared of a monster under his bed or something,
 
"So what? Let them watch. You look hot anyway. I'm glad I asked Baekhyun to put some eyeliner on you. You look fab." Heechul winked as he went towards the mirror to fix his own hair. Jaejoong sighed as he rest his head against the headrest of the sofa and closed his eyes. He could do it! He could do it!
 
"Hi Jaejoong."
 
Jaejoong jerked as he saw who was infront of him. "S-Siwon." He quickly sat up. "What brings you here?"
 
"No hello no hi no how you've been?" Siwon pouted.
 
"Hi, how are you?"
 
Siwon laughed. "I've been good. Just busy with dad's company. And you?"
 
"I'm... studying I guess."
 
There was silence but then siwon spoke. "I heard you're gonna sing."
 
"Y-yeah."
 
"Didn't know you could sing." Siwon leaned a bit close and smiled, showing dimples on his cheeks. "I'll be looking forward to it."
 
Jaejoong stared at him and nodded. Siwon moved away and walked out of the room at the same time when Heechul came in. "Was that Choi Siwon?"
 
"Y-yeah..." Jaejoong took a deep breathe. He was still shocked. Siwon was his senior who graduated last year. He had tried to hook up with Jajeoong, flirted with him even asked him out but Jaejoong turned him down. Siwon was extremely handsome, not to mention rich but Jaejoong couldn't find the appeal. Now that he saw him again, looking extra handsome and mature. His heart was beating fast but not in that sense, but in fear. Siwon would definitely try again and Jaejoong was single and there was Yunho.
 
"He's as hot as ever."
 
Jaejoong snapped out of his thoughts and gave Heechul a look of disapproval. "Are you serious!? You have a boyfriend Heechul."
 
"But that doesn't mean I can't comment on other's." Heechul raised an eyebrow.
 
"You mean checking out other men."
 
"We're gonna start in a few minutes." One of the students came running in the room. "Junsu Hyung will be doing the opening in about five minutes. Jaejoong hyung you want to stay here or go outside? Since the ending is away."
 
"I'll go. I wanna see Junsu sing." Jaejoong smiled and got up.
 
Everything went pretty well. The intro then all the performances. The crowd seemed to love it. The roar of all the men when the girls came to dance was deafening. But it was time when Jaejoong got up on the stage.
 
"Relax will you." Junsu massaged his shoulders.
 
"He's there isn't he?"
 
"He was busy but he said he had to come to see your performance. He arrived a few minutes ago."
 
"How can I not be nervous then? What if I can't reach his expectations?" He was sure was having a panic attack.
 
"Jaejoong!" Junsu shook him. In a second Yoochun was there too. They both held Jaejoong. "Nothing is going to happen. You'll do great! And you're gonna win that doctor's heart with your voice."
 
Now we have a special performance from our literature student. His soft voice will take you to a journey of peace and harmony. Please welcome, Kim Jaejoong! Literature final year with the famous song "drawer". Let me hear some noise!
 
The whole audience erupted into cheers, screams, whistles and applause. Yunho grinned and clapped along with the crowd, next to him was Ara, she whistled and Yunho looked at her in surprise. "What? Its for Jajeoong!."
Jaejoong walked out and stood in the center of the stage. The lights were on him. He took a deep breath and looked at his shoes. He was wearing simple clothes. White lose button up white shirt, the first two buttons undone, his sleeves rolled up with a neck-less hanging below his collarbones. His pants were black and skintight looking perfect with his black shoes and dark hair, paired with the light eyeliner surrounding his eyes. He looked classy and was ready to kill. Everything about him was screaming HOT. The crowd cheered even louder when they saw Jaejoong.
 
"OMG! HE LOOKS SO HOT!" The girls were screaming.
 
Ara closed Yunho's mouth that was hung open with shock. "Mesmerized?"
 
"Its the first time I saw this side of his." Yunho blinked a few times and Ara laguhed.
 
Jaejoong brought the mike to his mouth and the crowd went silent, everyone anticipating.
 
Actually sometimes I tear up
It didn’t feel like my own tears
 
The crowd was mesmerized but the soft voice. Everyone's eyes were wide as they stared at Jaejoong sing.
Jaejoong closed his eyes as he continued to sing with the music in the background. The crowd began to sway with the melody. Ara looked towards Yunho who just stood there and stared at Jaejoong.
 
 
Young days that could be easily forgotten
Days that could have gone by

You look sad uh, uh
back to the past oh, oh
 
Yunho felt his heartbeat quicken, he couldn't take his eyes off the male standing on the stage, his voice sending shivers down his spine. What was he doing to him? He felt like time had stopped and he could only feel himself and Jaejoong in that big hall. All he would see was Jaejoong, all he could hear was Jaejoong. He felt weird. A strange sensation in his stomach.
 
I hate that each and every one beautifully deceives me
 
What was happening to him? This weird sensation. Yunho brought his hand up to his chest. His heart was beating so fast. Jaejoong looked like an angel in the spotlight. His voice was as if it went though his soul. Yunho tried to calm himself. But no use, Jaejoong and his eyes met.
 
If you can wait for me (I will wait for you)
 
They held each other's gaze. Jaejoong continued to sing while staring into Yunho's eyes, while Yunho just stared back, mesmerized. As if he had been caught under a spell.
 
 
I, I, I, looking for you

You, you, you, looking for me

 
Looking for the irreplaceable us
 
The song ended, both of them still holding each other's gaze. Jaejoong bit his lower lip and lowered his gaze. The crowed erupted into applause and cheers. Jaejoong looked up again to see Yunho was not there. He looked around and searched the crowd but he couldn't find the other anywhere. The MC came up and thanked Jaejoong for his outstanding performance. The crowd wasn't quietening down, everyone cheering at Jaejoong's unexpected singing. Jaejoong bowed a few times before rushing down the stage they were wrapping up things and were doing the final announcements. Jaejoong came outside of the hall and searched for Yunho. He couldn't see the other anywhere. He took his phone out and called the other. He wasn't picking up his phone. Jaejoong was panicking now. Why was Yunho ignoring him like that? Did he not like his singing? Or did he... Jaejoong gasped Did he found out about Jaejoong's feelings? No. No. Jaejoong was about to rush back inside but he bumped into someone.
 
"Woah! You OK there?" Siwon spoke and he grabbed Jaejoong's arm to steady him.
 
Jaejoong pulled himself away from the other and nodded. "Yeah. I was just gonna go back-"
 
"You know Jaejoong. You're full of surprises." Siwon smiled as he stepped forward and Jaejoong took a step back. "I didn't know you had such an amazing voice." He held Jaejoong's arms so the other would stay in place. "Makes me want to make you mine even more."
 
"S-Siwon." Jaejoong struggled. "Let go."
 
"Why." Siwon turned serious. "You've been rejecting since three years. Why can't you just give me a chance?"
 
"Siwon, I'm sorry. But I can't I-"
 
"You said you were straight but you like that doctor." Jaejoong froze and stared at Siwon in horror. "Yes I know. You're not exactly good at hiding, What does he have that I don't?" He shook Jaejoong. "Answer me!"
 
"Siwon..." Jaejoong was shaking. "I-I.. let go it hurts." Jaejoong winced when Siwon's grip on his arms tightened.
 
"Let him go!" The next thing he knew Siwon stumbled away as he was pushed away from Jaejoong. Yunho.. Jaejoong blinked a few times and saw what was happening infront of him. Yunho was holding Siwon from his collar, his eyes furious. They both were of the same height and similar body built but Siwon was more on the dandy side with his fair skin while Yunho looked like an alpha wolf showing his teeth and growling who had seen another wolf at his territory. "Don't you dare touch him."
 
"Or what?" Siwon spat as he pushed Yunho away from him. "You don't own him Jung Yunho."
 
"Thats none of your bussiness. off!" Yunho looked murderous right now. Jaejoong couldn't believe what he was witnessing. The calm and dorky Jung Yunho, right now he looked as if he was ready to kill, he looked furious.
 
"Oh really its not?" Siwon chuckled bitterly. "Let me know what it feels like if someone you've been after for three years starts running after someone else without giving you a chance. Then you'll know if its my business or not!"
 
"Siwon no." Jaejoong whimpered. He'll be ruined if Yunho found out his feelings. Yunho didn't seem fazed one bit, but he only grew more furious and walked towards Siwon, glaring into the other man's eyes.
 
"He doesn't want you, end of the story. If I see you near him again then let me tell you I'm not just a peaceful doctor. If I can fix your bones I can also break them."
 
Siwon scoffed but he walked away. "Its not over."
 
Yunho glared at him as he walked away. He turned towards Jaejoong who flinched. "Are you alright?' Jaejoong didn't know he was sitting on the floor hugging his knees. Yunho sat down and put a hand on his shoulder and Jaejoong flinched. "Hey, its OK. He's gone now." Yunho helped Jaejoong to stand up. "I'll drive you home."
 
The reason why Jaejoong was shaking wasn't because of his encounter with Siwon. It was the fact that Yunho knew about his feelings now. But why was Yunho acting like nothing happened. They were in Yunho's car now. There was an awkward silence but then Yunho spoke, "You were amazing today." His voice was gentle as always.
 
"Thank you." Jaejoong mumbled, his face was a bit flushed because of the compliment.
 
"Jaejoong..."
 
Jaejoong looked at Yunho who's eyes were focused on the road. "Yes?"
 
"Why didn't you tell me?"
 
Jaejoong felt like his heart stopped. "A-about what?"
 
"I'm not a person who'd made a fuss over it you know." Yunho stopped at a red light and looked at Jaejoong, his eyes were soft. "Siwon told me everything after your performance ended." Jaejoong averted his gaze and stared at his own lap. "I'm not angry. I'm just a bit shocked."
 
"I was scared." Jaejoong spoked in a small voice."That's why I didn't tell you."
 
Yunho hummed and focused on the road again as the lights turned green. "Well I sorted out my feelings too."
 
Jaejoong stared at him in fear and anticipation. He prepared himself for the worst. His mind was racing so many possibilities were going on. What would happen if Yunho rejected him. Would they still be friends? Would he be able to go to the sessions? Would he be able to move on? Would he even be able to live...?
 
"I like you."
 
Jaejoong quickly looked at Yunho with eyes as wide as possible. Yunho was looking at him with a gentle smile and his eyes full of affection. Then Jaejoong realized that the car had stopped. They were outside his apartment.
 
"Siwon told me that you had feelings for me. But I'd like to know it from you."
 
Jaejoong flushed in deep red as he lowered his gaze and stared at his lap. "Yes." He mumbled. "I..I do like you."
 
When Jaejoong looked up to peek at the other through his bangs he saw Yunho give a bright smile. "Me too." He spoke. "He must've told me so I'd reject you and he'd have a chance with you. But the tables him. He ruined everything for himself."
 
"So.. That means." Jaejoong braved himself to speak. His heart beating a miles per second, "That we.. we're.."
 
"I'd like that." Yunho smiled mischievously. "You're so shy."
 
"Don't tease me!" Jaejoong glared at the other. "You don't know how much I had to suffer 'cause of you."
 
"Mhmm." Yunho gave a teasing smile and Jaejoong opened the door of the car and got out.
 
"If you're just gonna tease me Mr. Jung then good night." Jaejoong started walking towards his apartment.
 
"Jaejoong wait!"
Jaejoong stopped and turned around to be engulfed into a hug. He could feel Yunho's heartbeat slowly rising. He wondered If Yunho could feel his too. He closed his eyes and circled his arms around Yunho and just enjoyed the moment. He couldn't believe it. Was this what it felt to be in love? And be with your love? Well it felt damn amazing.
"See you tomorrow, boyfriend." Yunho pressed his lips on Jaejoong's forehead and walked away leaving a blushing Jaejoong behind.
 
..........
 
Surprise!! Hahaha  Hope you liked it :) Now be prepared for INTENSE YUNJAE FLUFF XDDD 
And thank you the subs and comments I may not be able to reply but they really make me happy and motivate me to write more ^^