Part 4

The Unromantic Novelist

The ride to the coffee shop took less than 10 minutes. Jaejoong and Yunho both walked quickly into the cafe to avoid getting wet in the rain. The cafe was not luxurious but rather cozy with a laid back atmosphere. There were only a few people there. The huge glass displayed the outer view. They both took a table near in a corner next to the glass. Jaejoong turned to his left and observed the rain. He blew on the glass, making it foggy and drew a bunny on it.  Unaware to him, Yunho was watching him, as he too started looking outside. It was lightening and the rain was getting heavier. Jaejoong shivered a bit, his clothes were still a little wet. He looked infront of him. Yunho had his elbow on the table, his face, turned to the right resting on his hand. He was watching the rain too. It gave Jaejoong a little time to observe his features before Yunho looked towards him and smiled.

 

"Coffee?"

 

"Latte please." 

 

Yunho nodded and got up. He went towards the counter. Jaejoong watched his retreating figure. He couldn't believe it. It was like he was on a date. Well, for him it was like it. Not that he'd make googly eyes with Yunho and hold his hand and giggle at the cheesy things Yunho would say. He wouldn't mind it though. It scared him how much he had changed over one day. The old him would be disgusted. Why wasn't he disgusted? Oh yeah. He had diagnosed himself with a certain new feeling for a certain someone. Love at first sight? Wow it only happened in movies....in his novels too. Jaejoong chuckled to himself. Maybe fiction isn't that different from reality. Jaejoong watched outside as there was more lightening. He hugged himself. He felt cold. Suddenly Yunho was back with two cups of coffee. 

 

"You're cold?" He asked as he sat down. 

 

"I'm not exactly fond of rain." Jaejoong chuckled as he rubbed his arms. "It gets cold. And I'm not fond of cold either." 

 

Yunho sat there and blinked a few times. "Oh." He got up and removed his jacket and handed it to Jaejoong. "How silly for me to ask. Of course you're cold." He laughed. "Its raining cats and dogs outside." 

 

"But you'll be cold." Jaejoong said as he looked at the jacket bring offered. 

 

"I like the cold." Yunho shrugged. "And besides my T-shirt is thick unlike yours." 

 

Jaejoong took the jacket. Well he hated being cold and Yunho was right, it wasn't a good day for him to pick a cotton shirt. But he felt a bit embarrassed. Yunho's jacket smelt nice, not like medicines. He draped it over his shoulders and looked at the cup infront of him. He inhaled the steam coming from the hot liquid and smiled. "Thank you." 

 

"You're welcome." 

 

They both enjoyed their coffee and the sound of the rain for a few moments. 

 

"So you said you liked to write." Yunho began. Trying to choose a topic to talk on. The silence was getting awkward.

 

"Ah yes. I like writing stories and such." Jaejoong put his cup down. "You said you liked reading. Don't tell me you read medical books and researches." Jaejoong laughed.

 

"Actually you'd be surprised to find out that I like romance genre more." Yunho chuckled and started laughing when Jaejoong gave him a look of disbelief. "Ever read the work of Hero?"  Jaejoong was taking a sip of his coffee started coughing. "Hey now! It's not that bad for a guy to read romance novels." 

 

After recovering from his coughing fit Jaejoong looked at Yunho with huge eyes. "You read his work?" 

 

"Yes." Yunho slowly began. "I love reading his novels actually." 

 

Suddenly Jaejoong started laughing. He clutched his stomach and laughed like a maniac and Yunho only looked at him with a confused frown. "You... Hero...hahaha!" 

 

"Whats wrong about it?" 

 

"Nothing nothing" After calming down Jaejoong spoke with an amused a smiled. "Don't you think his writings are boring? Cheesy? And overly cliché?" 

 

"Isn't that the point of fiction?"

 

"Yes but-" 

 

"I thought you liked writing. How can you make fun of Hero's work." Did Jaejoong see a pout? 

 

"It really is cliche." Jaejoong blinked.

 

"What is?"

 

"Nothing." Jaejoong smiled. "Don't mind me. I have nothing against Hero."

 

"Yunho oppa?" Yunho and Jaejoong both turned to find a girl standing by the counter with a cup in her hand.

 

"Ara?" Yunho spoke, surprise in his voice. 

 

"So it was you! I saw your back." She walked towards their table. "Oh you have company?"

 

"Yeah." Yunho frowned. "What are you doing here? Didn't your shift end in the evening?"

 

"I had a few things to take care of and my car broke down. It's the main reason I'm here. But now I saw you! You can take me home right oppa?" 

 

"Oh.." Yunho blinked a few times. "Yeah I will. After I drop Jaejoong." 

 

"You're his friend?" Ara tilted her head and looked at very confused looking Jaejoong. The girl was pretty Jaejoong thought, he would've smiled at her but the whole situation set his mood off. Yunho wasn't single? The hell why was he here then? He felt angry and sad. And very very... jealous. Yes he admitted it. He wanted to go away.  

 

"Yeah he is." Yunho spoke. "Sit down. And let's finish our coffee. It's getting late. You know uncle and auntie would be worried." 

 

"They wouldn't be after I tell them that I'm with you." She said cheerfully.

 

"Its alright. I'll grab a cab. You two should enjoy your time." Jaejoong placed his empty cup on the table a little too loud and faked a smile. He was good at acting. 

 

"You won't get a cab at this hour, in this weather." Yunho frowned. "I'll have to take Ara home. I'll drop you too. It's no problem." 

 

"Oh but I dont wanna be the third wheel. " Jaejoong said.

 

"Third wheel?" Yunho raised an eyebrow. "You think me and Ara? We're together?" At this Jaejoong nodded and Yunho burst out laughing. 

 

"What?" 

 

"We're not together. She's my cousin." Yunho said after his laughing fit. Ara was laughing too now. 

 

"Let my introduce myself." Ara extended her hand. "I'm Go Ara. Yunho oppa's cousin. Our mothers are sisters." 

 

Jaejoong took the hand and spoke, "Nice to meet you. I'm Kim Jaejoong. I... I'm Yunhoshi's friend." 

 

The three of them talked a bit. Yunho and Ara occasionally making fun of Jaejoong cause of his misunderstanding.

 

"Hey! You two don't resemble each other of course I was gonna say you two are a couple. You two even look good together!" 

 

"People often mistake us." Ara said. "Its just fun teasing you. Now that we found that you're younger than us." 

 

"Ha..ha.. very funny."

 

They enjoyed their time and after finishing their coffee it was eventually time to go home. Yunho dropped Jaejoong at his place and after saying goodbye he went to drop Ara, as she lived near where Yunho lived. Jaejoong couldn't stop smiling after reaching home. He the lights of his apartment and went to his room, took a shower, changed into his pajamas and climbed into his bed. 

 

"How am I going to sleep tonight?" He said to himself. "Aren't i behaving like a love struck teenage girl?" He suddenly remembered what Yunho said about his reading interests. Jaejoong laughed and picked up his phone. He opened his Twitter account. 

 

WriterHero 

I think real life can be too cliché sometimes. Do you agree? Have you ever fell in love at first sight? 

 

Jaejoong smiled and tweeted his post. Just after a few seconds he started getting replies of his fans. Some agreeing with him and some disagreeing, some saying they were waiting for it. A distinct one caught his attention and It read as

 

Uknow86

Uknow86 Replying to @writerhero 

I didn't believe in such things but after today I think i would have to say yes. 

 

Jaejoong frowned a little. The comment was... too cliché.. everything was too cliché! Why was he using the word cliché so much? Jaejoong set his phone aside and ruffled his hair. 

 

"Alright Jaejoong sleep." He told himself and closed his eyes. After a few seconds he opened them again. "I cant sleep." He sat up and frowned.  "Am I dreaming? What's happening?" He crossed his arms. "It all started with when I got drink. Then I met this lady who said I'll meet someone tomorrow. Then I took noona to the hospital and there I meet doctor Jung. I feel weird when I see him so I concluded that I fell in love." He narrowed his eyes. " Isn't it too early for me to say that? Usually I'd let the main characters experience some events. Then they'd find out oh! We love each other. Then after some certain events they'd confess. Not to mention the obstacles that come in their way." He laid down but sat up again. "Then he asks me for coffee and drops me at home. And he even lend me his jacket. That I still have." He smirked. "So I'd have a reason to meet him tomorrow. Smart aren't I? Haha! I ain't writer hero for nothing." He laid down again. "And now I can't stop thinking about him. And... I've been talking to myself. I tried so hard to get rid of this habit... but I'm.. ah well it! I'm insomniac anyway another sleepless night won't be much." 

 

With that jaejoong kept staring at the ceiling thinking about God knows what and occasionally talking to himself. His Noona had told him that living by himself wasn't a good idea but Jaejoong being Jaejoong he fought with everyone and got his own apartment. He doesn't sleep much and he talks to himself. It's an old habit. And old habits die hard. How can his noona blame it on living alone... anyway he had to see doctor handsome tomorrow. So he needed his face to look good. Sleep! 

 

.

 

 

Sorry for taking such a long time to update. Something happened to my laptop and the update I wrote wasn't saved. So I had to write again on my phone.... since my laptop wasn't working. I hope you liked it.  Btw I know you might think that it's too fast and too... cliche lol XD but wait a little longer and you'll see Hehe @u@