Part 17

The Unromantic Novelist

University was busy today. Jaejoong felt tired. Not just physically but emotionally. He hadn't talked to Yunho. He didn't try to contact the other and neither did the Yunho. He wanted to know about Yunho's health but at the same time he was scared. What if Yunho was alright and he was avoiding Jaejoong on purpose? He should've asked Ara' s number. He walked towards his 4th class that day. What luck.. His professor had chose their make up class today when their schedule was already packed. Why were teachers so insensitive? When he entered the lecture hall everyone stared at him and there was some whispering. Weird.. did he have something on his face? He walked into the hall and sat down on the bench. His phone vibrated and he got a text from. Junsu asking where he was. He replied back quickly because the professor just entered the hall. During the whole lecture Jaejoong felt stares at him. What was going on? When the lecture ended and the professor left Jaejoong picked up his book and notebook and out his own in his pocket and got up from his seat. 

 

"Are you and Siwon sunbaenim dating?"

 

Came a voice from behind. Jaejoong turned around and saw a three girls looking at him curiously.

 

"Was it a one night stand?"

 

"Minjun!" The blonde girl next to the one who asked the question elbowed her. "I'm sorry my friend is crazy."

 

"How did you do that? I have had a crush in him since I got here but he never paid attention to me."

 

Jaejoong just stared at her, eyebrows furrowed in utter confusion. What the hell are they talking about?

 

"So you swing that way?"

 

Jaejoong shook his head a bit and spoke, "What do you mean?"

 

"You're gay." Another girl spoke. "Why have you been dating girls Then?"

 

"He can be bi!" The same blonde girl shrieked. "And its none of your business come one we are getting late for class." She bowed slightly towards Jaejoong as if apologising on behalf of her friends and rushed out of the hall. Jaejoong was confused. So so confused. 

 

"Hey Jae, didn't know you swung that way. Should've tried when I had the chance." One of his male classmates snickered. Jaejoong raised an eyebrow towards him. "Oh come on! I bet every gay guy in the university would've wanted a piece of that ." He said a matter of factly. "Or maybe even straight guys." He mumbled afterwards.

 

"Shut up geunseok." Junsu appeared from behind and grabbed Jaejoong's wrist. "Lets go."

 

Junsu rushed upstairs towards the library, Jaejoong was sprinting after him. They arrived in the library where there were very few people.

 

"There is something going on that I dont know but everyone else knows." Jaejoong began in a hushed voice.

 

"Did you check the university gossip page today?" Junsu asked and Jaejoong shook his head. "You've got the spotlight."

 

"Huh?" Jaejoong quickly took out his phone and his wifi. He went to the university page and his eyes widened. There was him and Siwon. In a club. Him in Siwon's arms, face red eyes closed, head resting against the other's shoulder.

 

"Someone must have taken it the other day when you went out for a drink." Junsu spoke.

 

"How could they.." Jaejoong let out a breathe and scrolled down to read the comments.

 

They were gay!?

 

Omg no Jaejoong can't be gay! My heart is broken!

 

Siwon sunbae swung that way. Who knew? I'm shocked. Though I had my suspicions about Jaejoong.

 

That bastard! He was gay all along why did he go out with other girls and got their hopes up if all the time he wanted was a !

 

I knew Siwon had hots for Jaejoong but I didnt know that our university's playboy would be like that too.

 

Kim jaejoong is a fake ! 

 

I'm hurt TTnTT

 

After breaking all those hearts what we find out is our prince charming is gay! Wow. I hope he gets hated for what he has done.

 

I hate him!

 

How could he do this! He was dating my friend a few months ago! What an .

 

I heard he seduced Siwon sunbaenim kekeke 

 

Is he drunk?? It made me disappointed.

 

Jaejoong quickly closed the website. He had so many messages and missed called yet to see. He didn't want to answer anything right now.  He quickly shut down his phone and took in a long breathe. "This is madness."

 

"I think Siwon has something to do with this."

 

"But why would he ruin my reputation like that? Is he getting revenge because I rejected him?" Jaejoong spoke sadly. Everyone hated him now. Suddenly a realisation hit him and he gasped. "Junsu! What is the news went to Yunho?"

 

"Why would It? The page is only for our university students and-" Junsu suddenly stopped. "Yoona.." He looked at Jaejoong who looked horrified.

 

...

 

The number you have dialed  is not available right now. Kindly try some time later.

 

Jaejoong slammed his phone onto the table and groaned. He had been trying to get a hold of Yunho since morning but the other had his phone turned off. 

 

"Jae relax.." Yoochun picked up Jaejoong's phone and inspected it to see if it had broken from the impact. 

 

"How Chun? How?"

 

"And what would get you out from worrying so much?" 

 

Jaejoong hurried his face in his hands and groaned again. "I don't know! Everything is messed up! My life is messed up!"

 

The doorbell rung and Junsu got up to answer the door. 

 

"Jaejoong i got the new outline for-" Changmin stopped when he saw the other. "Is everything OK?"

 

"Sit down my friend cause it's a long story and your long legs will hurt from standing all day."

 

"Not like I wanna know." Changmin raised an eyebrow.

 

"Changmin!" Jaejoong slammed his hands on the table. "How would the characters in my story act to a misunderstanding?"

 

"It depends on the misunderstanding." Changmin said as he took a chair next to the sulking male. "But no matter what. They're gonna end up together. Or do you wanna have a sad ending this time? The editor in chief suggested that before but-"

 

"Sad ending.." Jaejoong mumbled. "That's more realistic isn't It? That's what always happens." 

 

"Jae...Jae take a deep breathe." Yoochun rubbed Jaejoong's back.

 

"Whats going on?" Changmin raised an eyebrow. Junsu sighed and explained everything to the other. After listening to the whole story silently Changmin cleared his throat. "Kim Jaejoong... I can officially say that out of all the idiots in the world, you stand alone my friend."

 

"Hey now that's mean.." Jaejoong pouted.

 

"That's what i concluded after hearing about all this drama." 

 

"Now that's not helping-"

 

"What I'm saying is. Do you think it was just a fling?"

 

"Of course not!" Jaejoong quickly spoke. 

 

"Then why worry? Wouldn't he be disappointed if he heard you being insecure? That's why I dont like s. You kids always take things too seriously and make stupid assumptions."  Changmin massaged his temples. "You're a well known author of cheesy romantic novels. This story has to go the way you want it to be." Jaejoong stayed quiet. Changmin was right. "Now if you'll excuse me I'll be going."

 

"What about the outline?" Jaejoong quickly asked.

 

"You have enough of love problems in your hands." Changmin walked towards the door. "We will take care of these love problems later." He gestured towards the file in his hand. "Good luck!" With that he went outside.

 

"Changmin is write." Jaejoong mumbled. "I should trust him on this."

 

..

 

It had been five days. Five days since Jaejoong last talked to Yunho. His life was going normal. He was taking his classes regularly, he visited his house too a few times, he was studying just fine, his grades were also improving. Anyone could say Jaejoong was doing just fine. Life was fine. But in reality it wasn't. He tried to tell himself that everything was going to be OK. But with each passing minute he felt like exploding. He tried to stay positive, but everyday waking up with the hope of getting even a single text from the other man, it was hard. His patience was running thin. It was like the thread was gonna snap any moment and he didn't know how he was gonna cope with the situation. But atleast he was good at hiding it... Or maybe not.

 

"Jae... you OK?" Jaejoong looked up from his sandwich towards Junsu. "You didn't even touch your lunch."

 

"I'm.. not exactly hungry "  

 

"You haven't eaten anything since last night." Yoochun raised an eyebrow.

 

"And you just had a glass of milk last night." Junsu spoke. "Which you wasn't even a full glass. You left half of it unfinished."

 

"I'm just.. thinking for the new novel. Its making me lose my appetite." Jaejoong mumbled.

 

Junsu and Yoochun sighed.

 

"Oh look. It the gay boy." A girl snorted as she passed by Jaejoong.

 

"Excuse me?" Yoochun frowned.

 

"Yeah you heard me."

 

"This isn't a high school. You're grown up university students, grown up adults. This isn't a way to behave." Junsu stood up. "So immature."

 

"So? Did your friend whom you're defending did anything mature?" The other girl spoke. Jaejoong remembered her. She's the friend of the girl he dated last time. "Getting people's hopes up when he knew-"

 

"People aren't born knowing their homoual or bi or straight." Junsu said in a loud voice. "He just found out OK? Have you guys ever dated someone and found out oh! He or she is not the one. Its the same for him."

 

"So is Siwon the one?" Another girl asked. "Is he the one for you?" She stared at Jaejoong. Jaejoong remained silent and looked at his untouched sandwich.

 

"That's none of your business." Yoochun got up. "Lets go Jae."

 

"I'm sorry." Jaejoong mumbled. "I'm sorry for hurting anyone of you. But none of you have any right to take pictures of me in that state. And no! I am not dating Siwon! We happened to meet there and he helped me out because I was drunk. Can't a guy have a drink?" He shouted.

 

"So.. Does that mean you're not gay?" 

 

"None of your ing business!" Jaejoong stood up making the chair behind him fall and stormed out of the cafeteria.

 

"Wow." Junsu breathed out. "I never saw you like that." 

 

"Me neither." Jaejoong inhaled deeply to calm down himself and sat down on the stairs. "But. I'm glad I did it. I feel better now."

 

"You do?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"I left my sandwich there."

 

"Lets go grab some latte. I know a place that sells awesosme donuts." Junsu smiled brightly.

 

"Yunho likes donuts." Jaejoong whispered and looked at Junsu all depressed.

 

"No Jae not again." 

 

..

 

 

Jaejoong walked towards the university parking area. He abruptly stopped when he saw a familiar figure sanding next to his car.

 

"Yoonashi?"

 

"Hi." Yoona smiled a bit and walked towards him. "How are you?"

 

"I'm fine." Jaejoong spoke carefully. "You?"

 

"I'm alright." She shrugged. "I need to ask you something." After Jaejoong nodded she spoke. "When was the last time you spoke with Yunho?"

 

"Why do you ask?"

 

"He hasn't been answering my phone." Yoona said all frustrated. "And he wasn't even at home when I went there. I thought he might be ignoring me so I needed to ask you."

 

"We haven't talked for the past five days." Jaejoong was a bit surprised to hear all of that. Was Yunho alright?

 

Yoona stared at Jaejoong for a bit. "Really?" And after getting a nod from Jaejoong she sighed. "Okay then, I'll be doing. Bye Jaejoong." And with that she walked away. Jaejoong stared into empty space. Why wasn't Yunho contacting anyone? Was he OK? Whom should he ask.

Arahsi...

 

Jaejoong got in his car and drover towards the direction of the hospital. What if Yunho was there? No he wouldn't be 'cause why would Yoona come all the way to ask him that kind of a question if she could find him in the hospital she works. After reaching the place he walked inside and stood infront of the reception desk.

 

"Hello! Where can I find Doctro Go ara?" He asked.

 

"Oh Mr. Kim." The receptionist smiled. "Doctor Jung hasn't been coming lately."

 

Jaejoong blinked a few times. Why was everyone thinking about Yunho when they saw him? "No, I need to find Arashi."

 

"Oh! Doctor Go!." She giggled. "She's in her office right now. Its break time. You might wanna take something to eat for her."

 

Jaejoong bowed as a thanks and walked towards Ara's office. He knew where it was. He has gone there alot of times. He stopped. When Yunho was being insane and he had to form an ally to control him. He shook his head. Lets not think about Yunho right now. He needs to find answers.

 

He knocked on the office door and heard a 'come in'.

 

"Jaejoong?" Ara blinked a few times. "Hi!"

 

"Hi." Jaejoong gave a small smiled.

 

"How have you been? It has been such a long time since I last saw you. Come on take a seat." She gestured towards the chair infront of her.

 

"I'm... Ok I guess." He was about to sit down but he stopped. "Have you eaten?" He suddenly asked.

 

"Not yet. The break just started a minute ago. I was about to-"

 

"Let's go then."

 

.

 

"This latte is goals!" Ara grinned and took a sip of her latter and hummed in delight.

 

"i know right. I love coffee so I know the best coffee points around here." Jaejoong said as he took a sip of his own coffee.

 

"So.. May I ask you the reason of you little visit?" Ara spoke. "Not that I mind you visiting me. I'm always glad."

 

"Well then, I'll try to visit more often." Jaejoong nodded. "But.. I came to you to find out some answers."

 

Ara smiled a bit. "Let me guess. Its about Yunho oppa?" And Jaejoong nodded. "Yoona has been bugging me about Yunho for the past week but I'm not leaking any classified information." 

 

"I just want to know if he's alright." Jaejoong sounded desperate. "He isn't answering his calls. Yoonashi said that she went to his house and he wasn't there."

 

"Jaejoong." Ara leaned forward a bit. "You don't have to worry. Do you think after what Yoona did oppa would want to contact her?"

 

"Huh?" 

 

"You do know that someone took pictures of you and that senior of yours."

 

"Yes?"

 

"Yoona paid some paparazzi thing to do that. So she could break up you two." Ara took another sip of her latte.

 

"She knows? About us?" Jaejoong asked a bit shocked.

 

"Of course she knows. When Yunho oppa refused to marry her he had to tell her the reason. But Yoona is stubborn. She has had a crush on him since they were kids. She can't just give up on him." She sighed. "His parents and Ara's parents also did wrong. They planned it since they were kids. They should've known that arranged marriages don't work."

 

Too much information. Too much information. Jaejoong just sat there staring at Ara. Yunho refused the marriage even though his parents had planned it? 

 

"Jaejoong?" Ara waved her hand infront of him.

 

"Yunho refused the marriage?"

 

"Of course he did. He loves you. Not Yoona." Ara crossed her arms and frowned. "You watch too much dramas. This is the 21st century Jae. And Yunho is old enough to make his own life decisions. Of course he went through a few arguments and some little fights but he's mature enough to handle this."

 

"So thats why he wasn't able to contact anyone?" Jaejoong felt weird. He wanted to cry and laugh at the same time. All of this. He couldn't comprehend the situation.

 

"He refused to contact Yoona. She came by daily to his house. He was here. But you know we can alway lie." Ara laughed placed the empty cup on the table. "But the reason why he wasn't able to contact you was his phone broke."

 

"What? How?" Jaejoong blinked his eyes a few times.

 

"He was so busy in the hospital matters. You know uncle Jung will be handling it over to him. So, he got frustrated and threw his phone down the stairs. But then he realized that he had done wrong 'cause he had all his contacts in it." Ara laughed again. "But mostly it was because he was busy with the hospital stuff. He wanted to go to you after he's finished with all this. He called the wedding off and now he's doing all the paperwork for the office. I told him to atleast inform you and he was like no Jae is smarter than me he'll understand."

 

"Oh.." Jaejoong just sat there unable to say anything. All of this was a mess. It was like.. he was worried over nothing. He wanted to slap himself. Yunho trusted him while he was doubting the other. 

 

"Oh and you need to sue Siwon and Yoona for violation of you personal rights. They took those pictures of you. Thats against the law."

 

"Siwon too?"

 

"Jaejoong... You're really dumb." Ara let out a frustrated sigh. "What were you doing all these days?"

 

"Umm.. Studying."

 

"Oh.. Yeah you're a university student. Nearly forgot that."

 

"So.. Any idea when I would be able to meet him?"

 

"I'm not sure. But you need to wait for him. It might take a few more days. But don't worry you'll have doctor Jung at your service in no time." Ara winked and looked at her watch. "Oh! The break is over. I need to get back to work of they'll end my service." She laughed and Jaejoong laughed with her. Jaejoong felt relieved. Alot relieved in fact. It was like all his worried had been washed away. He was glad that he came to meet Ara. She's a life saver. Now that is left is, meeting Yunho. He can't wait to meet him and hug him. He need to tell his family too. He wondered how they'll react. 

 

..

 

Hello guys! I'm back with another chapter! Guess what. I got a free day today XD I'm just gonna sit back and relax and watch some good anime or maybe sleep?  Oh and ignore the typos please~ I'm too lazy to recheck it Q.Q