Part 14

The Unromantic Novelist

Yunho drove home in silence. No music, no sound of the radio. But there was one sound, and that was thumbing of his own heart. The tingling sensation still lingered on his lips. He couldn't get the image of a thoroughly kissed Jaejoong out of his mind. His thoughts were going haywire. He cleared his throat and focused on the road. Jaejoong's wide eyes filled with shock a bit glazed, his swollen red, pouty lips, his red cheeks. Yunho quickly stepped on the breaks. Damn it! He was going to cause an accident. With much difficulty he reached home and was about to sneak upto his room and get cold shower when his mother stopped him halfway through the stairs. 

 

"Yes umma?" Yunho forced a smile.

 

"You know we are having a family dinner tomorrow." 

 

"Ah yes." Yunho nodded. Oh he had already forgotten about it.

 

"And I expect you to be there on time." Yunho's mother raised an eyebrow as she crossed her arms. "I won't take any excuse."

 

"I won't." 

 

"Promise?"

 

"I can't promise anything-" Yunho's mother gave him a stern look. "Oh okay I promise."

 

"Good boy." She smiled. "Where were you? I was informed that you had already left a few hour ago."

 

Yunho lowered his gaze to the floor, thinking hard. Should he tell his mother right now? Or should he sit down and have a long talk with her about this. Because he was positive his mother wouldn't take the news of him dating a guy so well. She'd probably tell him to break up but in the end things will get better because its his happiness what matters the most.

 

"Nevermind. Its getting late and you should sleep. I need to rest too."

 

"Good night umma."

 

"Good night."

 

..

 

Yunho was at work. drumming his fingers on the desk non stop. He was nervous. How would Jaejoong treat him after last night. They didn't talk or exchange texts after that. It was 4 O`clock and time for Jaejoong to come. Waiting was painful and it made people think strange things. i hope he doesn't hate me. I hope he isn't disgusted by me. What if he didn't like the kiss. What if my breath stank? All the possibilities were running through his head till there was a soft knock on the door and a head peeked in.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Hi." Yunho tried to smile. But he was nervous.

 

"Hi." Jaejoong smiled as he walked in and sat in the chair infront of him.

 

"How are you?" Yunho asked but then he frowned. Jaejoong looked tried. His eyes looked a bit puffy.

 

"Before you ask. Nope I didn't get any sleep last night." Jaejoong quickly spoke.

 

"Why?" Yunho's frown turned deeper.

 

"Really? You're asking me this?" Jaejoong raised his eyebrows. "After you kissed me and left without a word how was I supposed to sleep."

 

"Oh.." Yunho blinked. The tips of his ears turning red.

 

Jaejoong smirked bingo. "Yes."

 

"I'm sorry about that."

 

"Sorry? Thats all you have to say?" Jaejoong frowned. "Because of you I couldn't sleep last night. I looked like a zombie and dragged myself through the campus, had classes all day, got scolded by my professor and stayed hungry 'cause my favorite sandwich had been sold out-"

 

"How is your favorite sandwich being sold out related to me?"

 

"You're not listening!" Jaejoong whined. "Its all because of you." 

 

"Alright." Yunho nodded slowly. "How can I make it up to you?"

 

Jaejoong blushed and stared at the wall behind Yunho. "INEEDMOREKISSESTOMAKEMEFEELBETTER."

 

"What?" Yunho frowned and Jaejoong pursed his lips vowing not to say those words ever again. "Jaejoong, I couldn't understand a word you said." 

 

"Nothing." 

 

"Tell me~" Yunho whined again.

 

"No!" Jaejoong shrieked. "That was more embarrassing than I thought." He mumbled. There was a knock on the door and in came Yoona. She stopped on her tracks when she saw Jaejoong.

 

"Oh, Jaejoongshi." She smiled and walked towards the two.

 

"Good evening Yoonashi." Jaejoong spoke.

 

"How is the recovery going?" 

 

"Good. Its going good." 

 

"I'm glad to know." She smiled. "Yunho your mother called. Why aren't you picking up your phone?"

 

"Aish.. I told her not to call me during work hours. I have my phone on silent." Yunho rubbed his temples.

 

"You should put it on vibration. It can be important. Call her back. Don't keep auntie waiting." 

 

"I'll call her later. She must have called me to remind me about the family dinner. Whats so important anyway? Its just a dinner where we have to catch up with each other's lives. Its so boring."

 

Yoona gave him a pointed look. "You shouldn't upset the elders."

 

"Its gonna be boring. Ara isn't going to be there either. Her family is off to a vacation."

 

Yoona sighed. "Just... Make it this time. You rarely go to those family dinners." She turned towards Jaejoong. "Oh and Jaejoongshi good luck for your exams and all." And she walked away.

 

"You're having exams?" Yunho raised an eyebrow.

 

"Midterm exams start in next week. How did she know though."

 

Yunho shrugged. "Beats me. Now.. tell me what you wanted to say to me."

 

"No!"

 

..

 

 

"I'm sorry we couldn't spend much time together." Yunho sighed.

 

"Its OK Yunho. Your job comes first." Jaejoong smiled as he got up from the chair. "See you tomorrow then?"

 

"Yeah." Yunho got up. He should atleast walk Jaejoong to the door. Jaejoong walked to the door but he stopped and turned around and stared at Yunho with intense eyes. Yunho stopped and stared back, confusion written over his face. Without a word Jaejoong stepped forward, tilted his back upwards and landed a kiss on the corner of Yunho's mouth. Yunho was dumbfounded, before he could react Jaejoong turned around and almost fled out of the room but Yunho caught his arm. "You should've said so if you wanted a kiss." He smirked.

 

"I-I-I Didn't say anything." Jaejoong stuttered. Yunho pushed the other against the door, his forearms on either side of Jaejoong's head as he stared into his eyes. "We're in the office Yunho!" Jaejoong squeaked and tried to push Yunho away but the other stood his place.

 

"So?"

 

"What if someone-" Before Jaejoong could say anything Yunho leaned in kissed him. Immediately, all the tension in Jaejoong's body vanished as he brought his hands up to grab the front of Yunho's shirt. 

 

"Doctor Jung?" A voice came from outside the room.

 

Jaejoong pushed Yunho. "Yunho." He breathed out to make the other stop but Yunho tilted his head to attach his lips to Jaejoong's jaw. "Its.. its time for your.. o-other appointment."

 

"Doctor Jung?" There was a knock on the door.

 

"Yunho!" Jaejoong yelped when Yunho bit on his neck. It would definitely leave a mark. "They'll know." Jaejoong tried to push Yunho away. Yunho groaned and stepped away. Jaejoong opened the door revealing an old nurse. 

 

"Oh you already had a patient. I thought you fell asleep." The old lady smiled and handed Yunho a cup of coffee. "Here you are." And with that she went away.

 

"I-I better get going." Jaejoong grabbed his coat. "Thanks for today." Yunho pouted as an answer and Jaejoong chuckled. "Lets plan a date this weekend huh? I'll pick a good place where we can go."

 

"Promise?"

 

"Promise." With that Jaejoong walked away. His legs felt jelly. He walked passed a mirror but then came back and stared at his reflection. He gasped when he saw the state he was in. His hair were a mess. Lips swollen and red, face red and the collar of his shirt was messed up and there was a mark on his neck. Jaejoong quickly fixed his collar to hide the red mark that was soon gonna turn purple. He rushed outside the hospital. But he didn't regret anything.

 

..

 

Yunho was a bit tired. Today had been a busy day but he was happy and he felt giddy. He left a hickey on Jaejoong. Thinking about it made the tip of his ears red but he smiled anyway. He arrived at home a bit late. (On purpose)

 

"I'm sorry I'm late. Got caught up in the traffic." He apologized to the guests. Yoona's parents were sitting on the couch talking to Yunho's mother. He greeted the guests and sat down on the opposite couch.

 

"It's alright." Yoona's mother smiled. "How was work today?"

 

"Good." Yunho nodded. "Was busy but it was good."

 

"Good to know dear."

 

Yunho smiled and looked towards his mother. "I'll go shower. I'll be back." He got up and went to his room. After freshening up and changing his clothes he came down the stairs into the dinning hall. Everyone was sitting around the table while dinner was being served. Yunho took the seat next to his mother and opposite to Yoona. He mouthed a you're late to Yoona who gestured towards his phone. Yunho checked his phone and saw a few texts from Yoona asking where he was, why wasn't he there yet and all. They were sent at the time when he was chilling at a cafe to kill some time before coming home. He gave a apologetic smiled. Though, it was weird that they waited for him. Usually they'd start dinner before him. Their fathers were talking about work related stuff while their mothers were busy gossiping. Yunho felt a bit awkward. He didn't know what to talk about with Yoona. It'd been a while since they had talked like this. Sure they used to talk for hours and hours when they were kids but now they were in their late twenties. Things changed. 

 

"Yunho." Yunho's mother spoke.

 

"Yes?" Yunho looked up from his plate and everyone had their eyes on him. He swallowed his food and darted his eyes between all the faces. "Why are you all looking at me like that."

 

"Well you know that time isn't gonna make me any younger." Yunho's father spoke. "And you need to take over the hospital sooner or later. So I wanted it to be soon."

 

Yunho blinked a few times. "But appa. Thats.. thats great responsibility." 

 

"I know it is." Yunho's mother spoke. "Thats why we won't let you take the burden all alone."

 

"What do you mean? Are you selling the shares-"

 

"No no." Yoona's father shook his head.

 

"Whats happening? you guys are scaring me." Yunh frowned.

 

"We want you and Yoona to get married."

 

Yunho froze. "Huh?"

 

"You and Yoona would get married and manage the hospital together. We had it planned since you two were children. You two get along so well-"

 

"But that doesn't mean we have to get married."

 

"You'll get engaged first." Yoona's mother spoke.

 

Yunho looked at Yoona as if pleading her to make them stop. "Yunho. I think they made a wise decision. Think about it."

 

"I.. I.. but I.."

 

"I knew you wouldn't tale it well. I know dear that Yoona has been childhood friends with you but you should know that what elders have planned for you is the best. We know whats good for you. And believe me you won't regret it." Yunho's mother spoke gently clearly aware of his son's distress. 

 

Yunho went silent. He just stared at his plate. The food suddenly didn't look appetizing. Hell he felt like throwing up. The first thing that came to his mind Jaejoong... 

 

"Yunho."

 

"I need.. I need time to think." Yunho quickly got out of his seat and before anyone could say anything he stormed out of the dinning hall. 

 

"I'll go talk to him." Yoona stood up and followed Yunho while the their parents just sat there in shock.

 

Yunho practically ran out of the house into the cold air without any jacket or anything to keep him warm. He breathed out trying to calm himself but no use, he was panting. He rubbed his arms, was he having a panic attack? He took out his phone and dialed Jaejoong's number. 

 

"Hello?"

 

"Jae.."

 

"Yunho.. Are you OK?"

 

Yunho didn't answer as he ran away from the house, down the road.

 

"Yunho?"

 

"N-nothing."

 

"It doesn't sound like just nothing. Are you alright? Whats wrong?"

 

"Its OK. I'm alright now." Listening to Jaejoong's voice made him feel better.

 

"Are you sure?" 

 

"Yes." Yunho took a deep breath. "I was just... its nothing big."

 

"Yunho you're making me worried." Came Jaejoong's concerned voice.

 

"Its just stress. Appa told me to take over the hospital soon. So, I'm stressed. Its big responsibility you know."

 

"Ah.. I see. Don't worry doctor Jung. I know you can do it better than anyone else."

 

Yunho chuckled. "You think so?"

 

"I know so."

 

"So whats up?"

 

"Study" Came Jaejoong's grumbled voice.

 

"Oh I forgot your midterms are starting. I shouldn't keep you busy then."

 

"Oh no I really appreciate it. My brain is going to commit suicide I think."

 

"Get some sleep OK? Take a nap and then study again." 

 

"I can't sleep. Its your fault."

 

Yunho laughed. "I'm sorry. Maybe I should refrain from my immoral acts."

 

"Yes you should! How the hell am I going to hide this mark now! I have classes tomorrow!"

 

Yunho laughed again. "Good. People need to know that you're mine."

 

"Stop being cheesy. I need to study now."

 

"Okay bye Jae."

 

"Bye!" 

 

And the line was dropped. Yunho sighed, he shivered. It was cold. very cold. He's gonna be sick.

 

..

 

Dan Dan dannnnn.. hehehe