Part 3

The Unromantic Novelist

Jaejoong opened his eyes after a little nap. His head seemed clearer now. He looked towards the clock, 3:25pm. Everyone would be at the hospital. He should go too or else they'd crash at his apartment. He packed up the food and walked out of his apartment. 

 

"Hello Junsu." Jaejoong called his friend after getting inside his car. He started the car and tapped on the device in his ear so he could hear his friend's voice clearly.

 

"Yo! How are you? You were totally wasted last night Jae." Junsu's chirpy voice sounded on the other side.

 

"I'm fine, just going to the hospital to-"

 

"OMG! You ended up at the hospital!? What happened? Did you get alcohol poisoning?"

 

Jaejoong winced, his ear hurting from Junsu's loud squeaky voice.. "No Su, its my noona. She had a baby. I'm off to meet her."

 

"Oh!! Jiyoung noona!" Junsu spoke excitedly.

 

"Yep." Jaejoong pursed his lips before taking a sharp turn. "Hey Su, do you remember last night? When I drank too much and I walked out of the club."

 

"Yeah? What about it?"

 

"Did I meet someone? A woman maybe?"

 

"You were too drunk to even walk properly Jae. Who knows you might be hitting on women. You always liked elder people anyway." Junsu snorted.

 

"No! I mean. Was I talking to anyone? Did you see anyone?" Jaejoong said a frown making its way on his face as he stopped at the signal. He stared at the red light. "I met a women that night. I even gave her our company's card."

 

"Are you serious? I don't remember I saw anyone." Junsu stays silent for a moment. "When I got to you, you were talking to yourself though. And you kept mumbling something about you'll meet him tomorrow. It didn't make any sense."

 

"Of course it doesn't make any sense." Jaejoong punched the staring wheel and started chewing on his bottom lip. He started again when the light was green.

 

"Is everything alright?" 

 

"I.. I don't know." Jaejoong sighed. "I'll talk to you later." 

 

"Alright. Take care. Bye."

 

After reaching the hospital Jaejoong went straight to his sister's room.  As he expected, he was met by a huge crowd. After hugs and kisses from everyone. He reached upto his noona and handed her the porridge.

 

"God! I'm going outside. I cant breathe." Jaejoong whined as his eldest sister pinched his cheek. He managed to get outside, shut the door and slumped against it.

 

"Oh.. Jaejoongshi was it?"

 

Jaejoong opened his eyes to look at the person addressing him. He quickly stood up straight. It's him.  "Ah.. yes."  Jaejoong nodded and received a heavenly smile. Oh God

 

"Are you alright?" The man raised an eyebrow. "You don't look so well."

 

"Why do you ask?"

 

"You're face is red." The doctor pointed towards Jaejoong, as Jaejoong moved his hands to cup his face. It was warm. Last time he checked he didn't have e fever or was it because of the amount of people inside? Lack of oxygen? He felt warm and this strange feeling in his stomach.

 

"Maybe I'm sick." Jaejoong muttered. Then his eyes widened in realization. Was he blushing? He looked at the man infront of him who frowned in concern. There's no way he was blushing! He is not having hots  for other men. 

 

"Do you want me to help?" He tilted his head to look at Jaejoong who's eyes were big and it looked like he had seen a ghost.

 

"Yes please. NO! I mean I'm OK. " Jaejoong shook his head. "I'm alright." 

 

"Oh, OK then." He smiled and walked away. Jaejoong just stood there, his mouth agape. He felt it again. That strange fluttering feeling. It was kind of nostalgic. Reminded him of his high school days when he first started going out with- WAIT.. hold a minute... Jaejoong turned his head and watched the retreating figure. That tall figure, those broad shoulders, those long legs. He brought his hand on his chest. That thumping... then he felt his face again, it was warm and it would probably be red too. Kim Jaejoong... you are screwed.

 

.

 

"Jiyoung Noona!"  Jaejoong rushed into the hospital room after most of the people were gone. Only Jaejoong's two sisters were there but they had gone out to grab something to eat.

 

"Jaejae! Where have you been?" His sister looked up from her daughter in her lap.

 

"Noona, I need your help."

 

"Whats wrong? Why do you look so frightened?" She frowned. "Are you in trouble?"

 

"Yes! Very very big trouble." Jaejoong gulped.

 

"Oh come here!" She laid her daughter beside her and opened her arms for her brother and Jaejoong took the offer and went to his sister. "Can I ask why do you look like you're about to cry?"

 

"I never cry." He said, his lower lip quivering a bit. Jaejoong being the youngest, even if he never admitted it he loved to be babied by his sisters and his parents. Even his brother in laws spoiled him.

 

"Its alright." She patted his back gently. "Now tell me what happened."

 

Jaejoong rest his chin on his sister's shoulder and sighed. "I think I'm in love." He waited for an answer but was only met with silence. He pulled away and looked at her sister who had a totally shocked expression.

 

"You.. what?"

 

"I fell in love." Jaejoong breathed.

 

"I knew it!" She giggled and clapped her hands.

 

"Don't laugh! Its scary!" Jaejoong whined.

 

"I'm not laughing Jaejoongah. I'm actually happy for you." She smiled.

 

"You're not going to ask who it is?"

 

"I already know. Its that doctor isn't it?"

 

"How did you know?" Jaejoong raised his eyesbrows and looked at his sister in a shock.

 

"The way you were staring at him and you're face was all red from blushing, OMG my baby brother was all flustered. It was such a cute sight to see." His sister's eyes were sparkling. "By the way, his name is Jung Yunho."

 

"How did you know his name?"

 

"Didn't you read his name tag?" Jiyoung frowned and the latter dumbly nodded. "Or were you only staring at his face?" She smirked.

 

"No I was not staring at his face!"

 

"Then his body?"

 

"Noona!!" Jaejoong whined and his sister laughed. "What am I supposed to do now? I'm not gay!"

 

"Well now you are dear."

 

Jaejoong frowned and he was thinking about something but then his other two sisters walked in chatting with each other. "I'll talk to you later about it. Don't tell anyone. Not yet!" Jaejoong got up and his sister smiled and gestured to zip .

 

.

 

It was half past eight at night when Jaejoong arrived to see his sister (hoping to see the doctor) again. "Thanks Su!"  Jaejoong got out off the car and waved towards his friend.

 

"No problem!" Junsu smiled and drove away. Jaejoong's own car was at the repair shop. Something wrong with the engine he says. He walked into the room and greeted his sisters. 

 

"You're visiting often." Jiyoung winked and Jaejoong coughed. 

 

"I missed little Soyoungie." 

 

"I see." 

 

"Unnie, now that Jae is here for you. I gotta go. I have work tomorrow." Jaejoong's other sister who was also in the room got up from the chair. She picked up her bag and walked towards the door. "Bye! I'll be back tomorrow." And she went outside and closed the door.

 

Jaejoong walked toward his little niece and picked her up."She's always asleep when I come." 

 

"She sleeps alot, huh." Jiyoung smiled and Jaejoong nodded. There was a knock on the door and Mr. handsome doctor- wait! His name was Jung Yunho! Doctor Jung came in. He gave a smile, but why did he look tired?

 

"Done with the surgery Doc?" Jiyoung spoke.

 

Yunho shook his head. "The patient isn't ready. He doesn't want to go through it." He shrugged. "Its still being discussed. The family wants that man to be healthy but apparently the man is scared." He walked towards Jiyoung."So I'm here for your checkup." 

 

"And Soyoungie's?" Jaejoong spoke.

 

"And Soyoungie's." Yunho nodded with a smile. Jaejoong averted his gaze and focused on the little bundle of joy in his arms.

 

Yunho checked Jiyoung's blood pressure. "Well, everything is normal. You can go home tomorrow." He went towards Jaejoong and checked on the baby girl. "You must be really fond of kids. Everytime I come I see her in your arms." 

 

Jaejoong cleared his throat and spoke, "Just fulfilling uncle duties."

 

"I see. Well, little Soyoungie is in perfect health too. So she can go home tomorrow too." Yunho smiled at Jaejoong and Jaejoong quickly averted his gaze again, his face growing red.

 

"Jaejoongshi, may be you do have a fever." Yunho frowned. "Your face is red." He brought his hand up and felt Jaejoong's forehead. "And its hot!" 

 

"I am always hot." Jaejoong abruptly spoke but instantly regretted it after his sister broke into laughter. "I-I mean my body temperature. Is.. its usually high."

 

Yunho smiled again. "Is that so? I thought you might be under the weather."

 

"Huh?"

 

"Its raining outside." Yunho stated like it was the most obvious thing.

 

"N-no. Nothing is wrong. I'm OK." Jaejoong stuttered.

 

"Maybe he's worried about the novel he is writing." Jiyoung spoke, to get rid of the awkwardness.

 

"You write?" Yunho asked with interest.

 

"Yes." Jaejoong nodded slowly. "You too?"

 

"No, I like reading." Yunho grinned.

 

There was a knock on the door and a nurse stepped in. "Doctor Jung, doctor Ahn is asking for you." 

 

"I'll be there." Yunho nodded and turned towards the people in the room. "I'd have to say goodbye then. You'd be discharging tomorrow. So I'll say goodbye now. I wish little Soyoungie all the best." He gave his eye blinded smile again. "Good bye Jiyoungshi, Jaejoongshi. It was nice meeting you all." With one last smile he walked away. Something in Jaejoong twisted. Something told him to call after the doctor, or go after him. This can't be the end. This can't be a farewell, not the final one. He needed to meet the doctor again. 

 

"Noona, what do I do?" Jaejoong spoke and his sister looked at him with a shocked expression. "I..I don't want to say goodbye." He handed the baby to his sister and quickly walked out of the room. He looked back and forth in the corridor but there was no one. It was late, a little after ten. He went to the lady at the reception and asked her about doctor Jung Yunho and she told him that he already went home. Jaejoong sighed and went back to the room defeated. 

 

"Don't worry Jae. We'll find about him. He works at this hospital doesn't he?" Jiyoung spoke after seeing Jaejoong's crestfallen expression. It was her first time seeing Jaejoong running after someone like that. It was actually nice to see but she felt pity for her little brother.

 

"I'm gonna go then, I have university tomorrow. I'll tell umma to send someone for the night." He hugged his sister and kissed his little niece goodbye. As Jaejoong walked through the corridors he felt weird. Is this how it feels? unrequited love? He laughed to himself. He put the characters in his novels through such hard times. He felt sorry for them. He wanted to go home and write all these feelings down. He'll add all these feelings to the story. Not that his stories lacked feelings but now there'd be more depth. Jaejoong walked towards the gate and saw it was raining cats and dogs. He ran through the rain and into the parking lot. He suddenly remembered that he hadn't brought his car. Jaejoong sighed and called Junsu. It was cold and he was slightly shivering and he had managed to get himself a bit wet cause of the rain. He shivered a bit while waiting for Junsu to pick up. "Why aren't you picking up your phone?" Jaejoong hissed. He dialed again, but no answer. He shivered a little, suddenly he was feeling awfully alone.

 

"Jaejoongshi?"

 

Jaejoong turned around and saw Doctor handso- doctor Jung again. "Hi.." Jaejoong smiled. Why was he feeling happy all of sudden?

 

"What are you doing here?" Yunho frowned. He looked so handsome doing this. "Don't you have an umbrella? You're wet and you're shivering,"

 

"I was waiting for my friend to come pick me up." Jaejoong sighed. "But he's not answering his phone." He mumbled.

 

"How about I drop you home?" 

 

"N-no! Its alright. I'll call him again. He must be distracted or something." Jaejoong tried again.

 

The number you have dialed is not responding 

 

Jaejoong moved his phone away from his ear and sighed.

 

"Its alright Jaejoong I'm not going to kidnap you." Yunho chuckled. "I've been working at this hospital for years. Everyone knows me. You can easily file a complaint. I'm just trying to help."

 

"Its not that." Jaejoong quickly spoke. "I don't want to trouble you."

 

"Oh its alright Jaejoongshi! No trouble at all." Yunho went towards his car and opened the door for the shorter male. "Get in." He motioned by tilting his head. Jaejoong stood there for a few seconds, unsure. But then he walked towards the car and sat inside. After, getting inside himself, Yunho started the car and got out of the parking lot. "Its cold, how about coffee? That is.. If you don't mind."

 

Jaejoong looked at Yunho for a bit, his eyes wide. But then he shook his head and smiled. "Coffee sounds nice."

 

.

 

Sorry for being late guys. I had work to do and assignments to keep up with. This chapter is a bit boring but itll get interesting afterwards ;) 

And thank you so much for subscribing and your comments make my day! Thank you so much! ♡♡♡♡♡