Part 23 (end)

The Unromantic Novelist

Yunho was having a great time at the Kims. It seemed everyone had accepted Yunho as a part of their family, especially Mrs. Kim. After a while the doorbell rung and the youngest Kim daughter went to open the door. 

 

"Appa!" 

 

Jaejoong tensed when he heard that his father was home. He knew that his sisters and his mother would adore Yunho but he wasn't sure about his father.

 

"Whats the fuss about?" Mr. Kim appeared in sight, he was smiling as he was being dragged by his daughter into the living room.

 

"Appa Jaejoong wants you to meet someone." Jiyoung said in a singing tone as he looked at her little brother.

 

"Hmm?" Mr. Kim rose and eyebrow and looked towards Yunho.

 

"Hello Mr. Kim." Yunho quickly stood up and extended his hand for a handshake which Mr. Kim took without delay. Papa Kim looked towards his son for an introduction but Jaejoong was practically shaking. His father loved him unconditionally there was no doubt in that but Jaejoong didn't know if he would accept his only son being gay. If his mother could accept it he wasn't sure if his father would too.

 

"Appa... he's..." Jaejoong began to speak "He's my boyfriend."

 

There was silence for sometimes. Mr. Kim looked at Jaejoong with a shocked expression then he looked at Yunho. Jaejoong was panicking as he looked towards his father examining Yunho from head to toe. 

 

"I didn't expect to see you here." Mr. Kim began to speak. "How is your father?"

 

"He's in good health." Yunho smiled. 

 

"You two know each other?" Mrs. Kim spoke.

 

Mr. Kim chuckled. "Yeah. He's doctor Jung's son. We used to go to the same high school and now we are golf buddies."

 

Jaejoong stared at his father and his boyfriend. "Why didn't you tell me?"

 

"Oh I didn't get a chance to." Yunho blinked. 

 

"I worried over nothing!" Jaejoong pouted.

 

"Why would you think that?" Mr. Kim raised an eyebrow. "You need to be worried."

 

"Huh?" Jaejoong looked at his father abit shocked. 

 

"Your university called." Papa Kim narrowed his eyes. "Your attendance is low. You'd have to take extra classes."

 

Jaejoong released the breath that he was holding. "Oh that.. I'll get that done I promise."

 

Things went pretty smooth from there. Mr. Kim and Yunho talked alot, mostly about business and politics. Jaejoong was bored sitting with them so he stood up and went to play with little Soyoung. 

 

"Atleast you'll give me some attention." He murmured as he picked up the little bundle of Joy.

 

The night went great, the Kim parents cut the cake, Yunho and Jaejoong even gave them the present they had bought together, everyone was happy. Then it was time for Yunho to go home.

 

"Stay for the night. We have extra rooms." Mama Kim said when Yunho was putting on his jacket to leave.

 

"I have work tomorrow." Yunho smiled apologetically. "And I don't want to be trouble."

 

"Nonsense! You wont be any trouble. And look at him." Mrs. Kim pointed at the lone figure sitting on the sofa and pouted at the floor. "I bet that little kitten is going to be lonely."

 

Yunho looked at Jaejoong and caught his eyes. Jaejoong indeed looked like a little kitten. Yunho's heart clenched when he saw the sad pout. Mrs. Kim chuckled and said something about being whipped. Yunho took off his jacket and walked towards Jaejoong. Jaejoong's eyes sparkled when he saw his man walking towards him. "You'll stay?" He mumbled.

 

"After seeing that pout of yours I couldn't." Yunho smiled and caressed Jaejoong's cheek with his thumb. "I wish i could kiss you right now. But it'd be inappropriate to do so infront of my in laws."

 

Jaejoong blushed hard. He felt butterflies in his stomach and for some reason he felt a strange confidance inside him he stood up and smacked his lips onto Yunho's. Yunho being off guard his eyes went wide. The kiss was very short almost like a peck. When Jaejoong pulled back he noticed the unusual silence and turned his face to look at his family. A few stunned faces, a few smug ones a few smiling in adoration. A whistle echoed and everyone started laughing and cheering. Jaejoong's face went red and he covered it with his hands.

 

.

 

"And if you need anything don't hesitate to ask sweetie." Mrs. Kim said, standing in guest room's door.

 

"Thank you Mrs.Kim." Yunho smiled.

 

"I wante to ask you something now that I have the chance." 

 

"Yes?" 

 

"Let's sit down shall we?" They both sat down and Jaejoong's mother began, "Are you and Jaejoong serious?"

 

Yunho was slightly taken aback by the sudden question but he confidently responded afterwards with a 'yes'.

 

"Its because you know every parent cares about their child. I dont want Jae to get hurt in the end. The age difference between you two cant be ignored either. It hasn't been long since you two started going out but i can see Jaejoong undeniably loves you. Im his mother I can see it in his eyes. I dont want him to get hurt."

 

Yunho listened to every thing attentively then smiled and spoke, "Mrs. Kim you can rest assured in that case. I'm not going anywhere unless Jaejoong wants me to. I am equally in love with him. My parents ha even arranged a marriage for me that seemed impossible yo break off but we with stood it and i think i can see us living happily together in the future too. I wouldn't even think of hurting him in anyway in fact those you hurt him, I won't be going easy on them. I'll protect him with all my heart."

 

Mrs. Kim started at Yunho for a few seconds but then smiled. "I guess in the end I'll only say, you two have my blessing."

 

"Thank you." 

 

"Umma there you are." 

 

Mrs. Kim looked towards the door and saw Jaejoong standing there with an annoyed expression. "What's wrong Joongie?"

 

"My sister's are making me go crazy! Asking me all kinds of weird questions."

 

"We just asked him of he had done the deed and he got flustered so we had to know if he used protection and how was it and-"

 

"Shut up!"

 

"All right all right enough of you all. Stop with all the noise and let Yunho rest." Mama Kim stood up from the chair and went towards the door. She patted Jaejoong's head and dragged her daughters away. Jaejoong looked at Yunho who looked a little lost.

 

"What's wrong? Did umma say something to you?" Jaejoong asked as he walked towards his boyfriend. Yunho shook his head and smiled. He stated at Jaejoong for sometime. "Are you sure?" Jaejoong frowned a bit.

 

"Yeah. I just wanted to say I love you."

 

Jaejoong blinked a few times at the sudden confession but then smiled and replied. "Me too. I love you too Mr.Jung." he ended it with a teasing voice.

 

"And i hope that you'll never forget that. That no matter what you'll always be the one to own my heart." Yunho said as he stared into Jaejoong's eyes as if his sincere feelings would be conveyed through his loving stare.  

 

"What's with you all of sudden? What did umma say to you?"

 

"Nothing. She didn't say anything out of ordinary." Yunho swiped Jaejoong's locks out of his eyes. "I just felt like i needed to let you know that I'm yours and you're mine."

 

"Stop being so cheesy Jung." Jaejoong laughed.

 

"Can we make love tonight?" 

 

Jaejoong's eyes widened. "Are you crazy? We are at my parent's house!"

 

"And thats what makes it more exciting." Yunho smirked sealed his lips with Jaejoong's.

 

.

 

"Brother! Time to get up. Umma is calling for breakfast! Joo-" Jaejoong's sister stopped when he noticed his brother's room was empty. He quickly came downstairs. "Umma Joongie isn't in his room. 

 

"He must be in the guest room." Jiyoung casually said.

 

"Why would he sleep there when he has his own room?"

 

"Cause Yunho is there." Jiyoung raised an eyebrow.

 

"Oh my God!"

 

"What's all the fuss about." Jaejoong walked into the dining room.

 

"Where were you last night?" Jaejoong's sister asked.

 

"None of your business."

 

" You were with doctor handsome!"

 

"Shut up!"

 

"Is Yunho awake? Tell him to hurry or breakfast will get cold." Mrs. Kim said to Jaejoong.

 

"Good morning!" Yunho walked in with a handsome smile.

 

"Wow! you look even more handsome today!" Jaejoong's sister exclaimed with wonder.

 

Jaejoong narrowed his eyes and pinched his sister's arm. "Take your eyes off of my man!"

 

"Don't be such a meanie. Its good to share." Another Kim sister spoke.

 

"Ok ok stop fighting. Yunho dear sit down and here is your breakfast." Mama Kim brought the food.

 

"Thank you. I love the food you make. Reminds me of my mother's cooking. She doesnt cook alot these days since she's busy."

 

"Aww you're always welcome here to eat. I'll cook for you anytime." Mrs Kim patted Yunho's head.

 

"That's so nice of you Mrs Kim. Thank you." 

 

"Umma.."  

 

"Huh?"

 

"Call me umma from now on."

 

Jaejoong looked at his mother with sparkling eyes and then looked at Yunho  who was smiling like an idiot. They both then looked at each other with eyes full of love.

 

"Get a room you two I can see the invisible hearts popping out of your eyes." The  youngest sister groaned.

 

"You can just get out." Jaejoong responded casually and pecked the corner of Yunho's mouth.

 

"Gosh!"

 

"Finally my unromantic little brother who always failed in relationships found love." Jiyoung sighed and smiled at the grossly cheesy couple sitting across the table from her. 

 

.......

 

Hello Everyone! Sorry for being late again. My 6th semester of university is up and it's making me mentally and physically exhausted. Sigh. So much work urgh. So! About this fanfic it has finally came to an end! This was the last chapter but don't worry I'll be uploaded 2 epilogues for this! Since this ending feels a little rushed and a few things are left unsettled I'll be writing them but he epilogue :)