Part 16

The Unromantic Novelist

Jaejoong woke up to the worst headache ever. He felt awful. Really awful. He got up from his bed and stumbled towards the bathroom and looked into the mirror. Gosh! He looked awful too. He washed his face as he walked out of his room to see Junsu and Yoochun snuggled into the couch together watching T.V. Junsu was asleep while Yoochun was watching some documentary. Jaejoong stopped and wondered if he should disturb them or not but Yoochun noticed him and gave him a tired smile.

 

"There are some painkillers on the counter and there is soup there too. Drink it it's good for hangovers."

 

Jaejoong mouthed a thank you and walked into the kitchen. He took the pills and rested his back against the counter. The memories from earlier today came rushing back to him. He walked back to his room quickly earning a questioning look from Yoochun. He grabbed his cell phone from the night stand and unlocked it. No messages or missed calls. He took out Yunho' s caller I.d and was about to press the call button but he stopped his thumb in mid air. Should he call? He does deserve an explanation. Then is dawned to him that Yoona told him that Yunho was sick. He sent a quick text message about asking his health.

 

There was a knock in the door and Yoochun came in. He rested his back against the door frame. "Care to explain?"

 

Jaejoong sighed and nodded. "Is Su asleep?"

 

"Yeah he's tired. You didn't touch the soup."

 

"I came to check my phone. Let's talk in the kitchen shall we. I'm starving. I need Junsu's special soup."

 

.

 

"I did what!?" Jaejoong asked, his eyes wide and mouth hung open.

 

"Yes and I had to clean up the whole car." Yoochun said as he leaned back in his chair. "You had numerous break ups so far you never acted like this before. Junsu and I were so scared. You were crying like your cat died." 

 

Jaejoong was quiet for a bit, staring at his empty bowl of soup he mumbled, "Its cause I fell in love Yoochunah."

 

"What?" Yoochun asked in disbelief.

 

Jaejoong nodded and smiled. "Those past few weeks since I met Yunho were the happiest weeks of my life."

 

Yoochun just stared at the other. Jaejoong frowned and waved his hand in front of the doctor to be's face. He snapped out if his thoughts. "Wow.. Kim Jaejoong.. the unromantic novelist is finally in love!" Yoochun laughed and clapped his hands. "After all these years! This is news!"

 

"Shut up! You'll wake Junsu."

 

"What's going on?" Junsu walked into the kitchen, yawning. "Why are you laughing like a madman Chunnie?"

 

"Did I wake you up?" Yoochun asked wide eyed.

 

"Yeah.." Junsu pouted.

 

"Aww I'm sorry baby. Come here." Yoochun cooed and gestured towards Junsu so the other would come towards him. Junsu gladly obeyed and sat down on the other's lap. Yoochun snuggled his face into the shorter man's neck as he whispered something causing Junsu to let out a giggle. Jaejoong watched them with fondness but it made him sad. He missed Yunho. He missed him too much. He felt like crying again. Why was he crying so much these day? Stupid love. Suddenly his phone vibrated and he quicker swiped the screen to see a message. It was by Yunho.

 

Hi Jaejoong It's me Ara. Yunho isn't well so he can't reply you he's in his room and he's been sleeping since the morning cause of his fever. But he's better now he's sleeping and recovering.

 

Jaejoong felt his chest tightened. Yunho was really sick. 

 

Ok thank you Arashi let me know when he gets better. Please take care of him.

 

I'll make sure he gets healthy. 

 

Jaejoong sighed and put down his phone. He talked to his friends for a bit before they left. He was all alone now. What was he supposed to do? He had discussed the plot of his new writing  a few days ago and he doesn't have to write anything till next week. He the T.V and shuffled through random channels hoping something good was on. 

 

..

 

Yunho opened his eyes, his head still hurt pretty bad. Maybe he shouldn't have ran into the cold without a jacket on. He glanced at the front wall and squinted his eyes to look at the time, 8:26. The dinner was at 8 last night. It must be morning now. But why was everything so dark? He sat up in his bed and and looked for his phone on the night stand but it wasn't there. He got out of bed and was about to walk towards the door when it opened.

 

"Oppa?" Ara peeked in. "You OK?"

 

"Yeah.. kinda." Yunho grabbed his head with his hands to keep himself from being dizzy. "When did you come back? I thought you were gonna enjoy more."

 

"You know I never wanted to go." She came inside and closed the door. "Who would enjoy a vacation with their parents? They should've gone by themselves." She took out a thermometer and checked Yunho's temperature. "I felt like it was third wheeling." She brought the thermometer close to her vision when it beeped. "Your fever has calmed down! Good to know."

 

"Yeah. Can I have something to eat? I'm hungry. It feels like ages since I ate something." Yunho said patting his stomach. 

 

"Well you were out for a whole day. So.."

 

"A whole day?"

 

"Yeah it's 8:30pm right now." Ara glanced at the clock on the wall behind her. "Wait let me go tell the maids to make some good soup for you then we will have a talk. I have some questions for you." With that she walked outside leaving Yunho standing in the middle of the room. Soup..  it made his stomach churn uncomfortably. He was reminded of something that happened not long ago. When he had had the best soup ever the last time he was sick. He missed him. Suddenly he memories from last night came rushing to him. He didn't want this. He didn't want to marry Yoona. What if Jaejoong found out about this? He'd be hurt. 

 

"Oppa your soup would be ready soon." Ata walked back into the room. "And here is your phone. You had some important messages waiting so i had to reply." She took out the phone our of her hoodie's pocket and handed it over to the other.

 

"Important messages?" Yunho took it and unlocked it to see what he had missed.

 

"Jaejoong was asking about your health." Ata spoke as she walked towards Yunho's bed and sar on the edge while the other followed and slipped under the comforters. He rested his back against the pillows.

 

"He knew?"

 

"Apparently yes."

 

"Did you tell him?" 

 

"No.. I just told him how your health was progressing."

Suddenly fear clouded over Yunho and he frowned. Had Jaejoong met Yoona? Since from Yunho's circle he only knew Yoona and Ara. She didn't tell Jaejoong about the marraige did She? 

"Oppa.. what's going on?"

 

"Huh?" Yunho snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Ara.

 

"What am I hearing from auntie?" Ara frowned. "You and Yoona unnie..."

 

"No!" Yunho quickly objected. "Its only their stupid plan!"

 

"I know you would never agree. But she's so determined. And Yoona unnie too. I'm worried oppa. And worried for you and Jaejoong."

 

Yunho lowered his face and sighed. "I havent talked to them yet."

 

"Then when are you gonna talk?" Ara asked a bit annoyed. "When they're gonna tell you the engagement date? Then?"

 

"I didnt get a chance Ara. As you can see I just woke up after being sick." Yunho spoke back, equally irritated. 

 

"You should've told her beforehand. So this wouldn't happen."

 

"I don't know Ara. They had planned it since we were kids. I don't know how they would've taken that news." 

 

Are fell silent they both thinking hard. Suddenly Yunho's phone beeped indicating an email. He opened it and saw an attached file. It was a picture. He let it it download and then opened it. His eyes widened when he saw it.

 

"Oppa? Is everything ok? You look pale." Ara said in worry but Yunho didn't answer he only stared at his phone screen.

 

..

 

I'm writing this on my phone during my break from our class and i'll upload it when I get internet. Urgh the internet of our department ! Sorry for the wait and sorry for the short chapter and sorry for the typos. Hope you like It!