Part 5

The Unromantic Novelist

Jaejoong was in a good mood. He got enough hours of sleep, he ate breakfast, his face wasn't swollen cause it lack of sleep. Everything was perfect. He had worn his favorite clothes today (cause he looks hot in them) He picked up Yunho's jacket and walked outside of his apartment towards the parking area. His got his car back today early in the morning. It was good as new.

Jaejoong arrived at the hospital around 11 in the morning. He was also supposed to take his sister back home. He went to the room where his sister was and saw his brother in law. "Hyung.. good morning."

 

"Jaejoongah, how are you?" His brother in law smiled. He looked tried. Jaejoong felt bad. He was supposed to be the one handling the company but all the burden was thrown to his brother in law cause of Jaejoong's own selfishness.

 

"I'm good. You look tired. Was work hard?" Jaejoong asked as he walked towards his sister to give her a hug.

 

"No its ok. It's supposed to be hard." He chuckled. "Thank you for taking care of your sister. I should've been with her that day-"

 

"Hyung, I'm her brother. It's my duty." Jaejoong interjected. "Besides you're taking care of the company. I should be thankful to you."

 

"Hey now. What's this about." Jaejoong's sister quickly spoke.

 

"Nothing." Jaejoong quickly went towards his niece. "Isn't she pretty hyung?"

 

"She sure is." His brother in law chuckled. "But we're not gonna leave you alone for the last statement you just gave. What did you mean but it?"

 

"That I should've been the one to take the burden of handling the company." Jaejoong sighed.

 

"Aww baby brother is feeling responsible." Jaejoong's sister cooed. "But really though. Dad isn't stupid to lend you the company. You didn't major in architecture."

 

"I know but. You guys let me do whatever I want. So.. I sometimes feel selfish for not doing the same for you and all.."

 

There was a knock on the door and in came... the reason why Jaejoong's eyes were sparkling. Doctor handsome!

 

"Hello." He smiled. That amazing smile of his.

 

"Hi." Jaejoong smiled.

 

Everything went fast. Yunho gave Jaejoong's sister and the baby girl a check up and they went through the regular paper work and now Jiyoung was discharged. Jaejoong's brother in law took his wife and daughter home which Jaejoong was very thankful of. Now he could return Yunho's jacket without being awkard infront of his hyung and being teased by his sister.

 

"Yunhoshi.." Jaejoong went after Yunho after seeing off his sister's family.  Jiyoung did give him a wink. He just ignored it. Why did his sister know him so well? 

 

"Ohh Jaejoongshi! I thought you had gone back home with your sister." Yunho said in surprise. He looked happy. 

 

"I was about to go but then I remembered I had to return something to you." Jaejoong held out Yunho's jacket. "I had forgotten to return it to you that night.  Thank you." 

 

"Oh. You're welcome." Yunho smiled and took his jacket and was going to speak but then he suddenly sneezed. 

 

"You ok?" Jaejoong frowned.

 

"Yes I'm ok. I just-"

 

"Yunho oppa!" 

Yunho and Jaejoong both turned and saw an angry Ara walking towards them. "Jaejoong! What a surprise." She smiled.

 

"My sister got discharged today." Jaejoong explained. "By the way, you don't look happy at all. What happened?"

 

" Yunho oppa has a cold. He thought it was very cool of him to not to wear a jacket in the cold weather yesterday." Ara rolled her eyes. "I told him to take the day off cause you have to rest when you have a cold or it'll get worse and Yunho oppa usually get very bad colds."

 

"You said you weren't cold." Jaejoong looked at Yunho with huge eyes that mainly showed shock.  

 

"I wasn't!" Yunho defended himself. "And i'm ok. I just sneezed a few times and she thinks I'm sick."

 

"Well you just sneezed, an hour later you'll be blowing your nose, then you'd be coughing, then you'd be fainting with a fever. Just like last time."

 

"He fainted?" 

 

"Yes he did-"

 

"Oh God! Stop it. Ara you're not my mom. And Jaejoong I didn't faint I just felt dizzy."

 

"Liar." Ara crossed his arms. "Jaejoong. Can I ask a favor?" After Jaejoong nodded, Ara continued. "Take oppa home. I dont want him spreading his germs and sneezing everywhere. If the head finds out he's gonna be mad too." 

 

"I can go by myself. No need to trouble-"

 

"I'll take you." Jaejoong quickly spoke, cutting off Yunho. "I've gotten my car fixed too." 

 

After a little convincing, Jaejoong had Yunho in his car and now they were heading towards Yunho's home. 

 

"I'll don't wanna go home." Yunho said in somewhat grumpy voice. "Its gonna be boring."

 

"Why not read Hero's novels then." Jaejoong laughed as he glanced towards the other.

 

"Haha.. very funny." Yunho sulked. Jaejoong was loving the sight but unfortunately he had to focus on the road. "Hey can we stop some here before you drop me home? You're not busy are you?"

 

"No I don't have classes for today." Jaejoong glanced towards Yunho. "Where do you wanna go?"

 

"Ice Cream parlour." 

 

"Yunho you have a cold!" Jaejoong quickly spoke.

 

"No I don't." 

 

"I just learnt another fact about you. You lie a lot." 

 

"No I don't!"

 

"There... You did it again."

 

"Please? I don't get off often. It's been ages since I went out for ice cream." Is this what they call puppy eyes? 'Cause Jaejoong could've caused an accident if the car behind him hadn't honked this hard. Yunho was looking at him like a kid who had lost his candy. Was he really 28 Years old? 

 

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Jaejoong spoke, uncertainty in his voice. He thought it would be the end of him if he sees Yunho's puppy eyes once again. 

 

"Ofcourse!" Yunho replied with eagerness that jaejoong couldn't say no. 

 

....

 

When Jaejoong said that seeing Yunho with puppy eyes one more time would be the end of him... he was wrong cause right now he wanted to kill himself. Why? Jung effing Yunho.. was eating ice cream, vanilla flavored, some of it on his lower lip. Oh God! Did Jaejoong feel his cheeks getting heat up? He was being ? He wanted to burry himself in the ground. 

 

"Thank you so much." Yunho smiled brightly as he shoved a spoon full of vanilla ice cream in his mouth. "I've been wanting this since God know how long." 

 

"Why didn't you just get it?" Jaejoong spoke. "You get days off don't you?"

 

"I haven't been getting weekends off since the last month." Yunho explained. "And I usually came back late. The shop was always closed. It's my favorite one though. My parents used to come here when they were in college."

 

"Oh..." Jaejoong spoke. Being at the place where his parents used to come on dates... cliché. This felt like a date too. He shook his head. "What do you parents do? Do they work?" 

 

"My father is a lecturer at a univeristy. He teaches medical students." Yunho chuckled. "He's a doctor himself. But now he just teaches. We don't want him to do extra work." He took another bite of ice cream. "My mom is a lawyer. She retired though. Sometimes she takes care of cases, that are important or catch her interest. Must mostly she's at home."  Yunho explained. "What about you?"

 

"My dad owns an architecture firm. More like a construction company. But mainly its for architecture."  Jaejoong explained. "My mom is a house wife. But it her life has been tougher than any working woman. Taking care of 10 children isn't easy." 

 

"Then children?" Yunho's eyes widened.

 

Jaejoong laughed. "Yes I have nine older sisters. Jiyoung noona is seventh." 

 

"And I thought all those people that day, they were cousins and all. Woah! I don't have any siblings. Thought I treat Ara as a little sister. But I dont have any real sibling."

 

"You're missing out on a lot of things then. Siblings can be annoying but they're a blessing." Jaejoong smiled.  

 

"I bet." 

 

They talked a bit and around 2pm Jaejoong dropped Yunho home and before Jaejoong left Yunho asked for his number, said that they're friends now so it's important to exchange numbers. He invited him to his home but Jaejoong politely refused. He needed to go home and join his family in celebrating the baby's arrival at home. He didn't want to go but he had his own reasons and plus he didn't want to go to Yunho's home.  His parents seemed a bit scary. A teacher plus doctor and a lawyer. No thank you! He'd meet them some other day. After saying his goodbyes Jaejoong went back to his parent's home. The house was so noisy, his nieces and nephews running around the house, adults scolding them, talking to each other and the laughter was everywhere. As he got home his mother hugged him tightly and took him to the kitchen.

"I made your favorite, kimchi jigae." She opened the pot and jaejoong took a deep breathe, taking in the beautiful fragrant. "Everyone demanded their favorite food. So I made yours too. Eat as much as you want I'll be outside. Jiyoung needs a lecture in how to bathe little Soyoungie. She's so bad at it." 

With that his mother went outside. Yep Jaejoong was right. Yunho was missing out alot. He wanted to bring the doctor to his home someday, in this cramped house, within so many happy people. He wondered what Yunho's reaction would be? Lost in his own thoughts, he poured himself of kimchi jigae and sat down on the table to eat it. As he thanked God for such an amazing mother who looked like a goddess. He took out his phone and smiled after looking at the newly added contact.

 

....

 

Actually about the sibling thing. I only have one sibling. I wish i had more. My friend has 6. And I envy her. I always wanted a big happy family. But oh well! I'll just use it in the fics XD

lol hope you liked it. Be aware of my awkward fluffiness lol I'm not good at writing all these love things.. idk why I'm writing this genre I hope you don't find my writing cringy. It's my first time writing a chartered fic XD and thank you for the subs and comments I love you guys TToTT