Epilogue one part 1

The Unromantic Novelist

"Yunho's gonna be on TV!" Jaejoong squealed which made Junsu to cover his ears.

 

"I didn't know you could be louder than Junsu." Yoochun scrunched up his face.

 

"Shut up. My boyfriend is going to be on TV. Can't I be excited about it?" Jaejoong narrowed his eyes.

 

"Its amazing though." Junsu sat down next to a very excited Jaejoong. "The hospital the Jungs own is in the top three list of Korea." 

 

"That reminds me when Soyoung was born. I had to rush noona to that hospital and thats when I first saw Yunho." Jaejoong had a dreamy gaze.

 

"Oh~ Look at him. He's totally love stricken." Yoochun let out a snicker. 

 

..

 

"I'm kinda nervous I've never been on TV before." Yunho smiled and leaned against the car seat. They were currently heading towards the company where Yunho's interview was being held.

 

"I'm nervous too." Jaejoong nodded with a frown adoring his face.

 

"Why?" Yunho looked at the man sitting beside him with a puzzled expression.

 

"Its 'cause so many people are going to watch the show and I'm scared that you'll get famous and girls will be drooling over you."

 

Yunho chuckled lightly flicked Jaejoong's forehead. "That's not even a reason."

 

"It is for me." Jaejoong rubbed his forehead and pouted.

 

Yunho smiled and kissed that pout away. "You don't have to worry even a bit. My eyes are blind for everyone. Because the only one I can see is you."

 

"Gosh! You're so cheesy!" Jaejoong pushed Yunho away.

 

The car came to a stop and the driver came to open their door. Yunho and Jaejoong walked inside the the huge building. 

 

"Mr. Jung! Its great to finally meet you." A woman smiled as she saw both men approaching. "My name is Cho Minhee I'm from the production team I will guide you towards your destination." They both greeted her and then moved towards the main set where the interview was going to be done. "We are here! Oh and this is Director Song. He will be taking care of you now."

 

Director Song, an old man and a little bulky but he had a face that looked friendly and lively. "Hello Mr. Jung nice to- Kim Jaejoong!?"  Jaejoong looked at the director with wide eyes and mouth hung open. "It is you isn't it? Author Hero! What a surprise to see you here."

 

! Jaejoong felt as if all the breathe has been knocked out of his lungs. Life was going to steady and happy that he had totally forgotten to tell Yunho about his secret identity. He looked at his side to see that the taller man had frozen and he looked totally confused and clueless. "Director Song..." Why are this guy here?? Jaejoong wanted to cry. 

 

"Oh! Its such a pleasure meeting you again. You must be shocked to see me working in the news field. I just wanted to give it a try. This is originally my brother's place but he-"

 

"You know each other?" Yunho suddenly interrupted. 

 

"Oh yes! The movie adaption of Hero's novel. I was the director." 

 

"Hero?"

 

"Don't tell me you don't know the famous author Hero?" Director Song looked at Yunho with a shocked expression. "Didn't you two come here together? Or is it just a coincidence? Well, in its the second case then let me tell you. The young man standing next to you is Hero." He cheerfully said.

 

Yunho turned to look at Jaejoong with an unreadable expression. It was if he was suddenly slapped and he didn't know how to respond and he just stood there clueless. 

 

"Yunho.." Jaejoong extended his hand to touch Yunho's arm but Yunho retreated.

 

"I-I.. need to use the restroom." Yunho muttered and walked away.

 

"Is he OK? He looked pale." Director Song asked with a worried expression. Jaejoong gave him a cold stare and followed Yunho.

 

..

 

  Yunho stood in a bathroom stall and took deep breathes to calm himself down.

"Yunhoyah?" A voice came but Yunho didn't answer. "I didn't mean to let you know this way. I wanted to tell you sooner but..."

 

"But?" Yunho spoke. 

 

"Please don't be angry."

 

"Why?" Yunho spoke, his voice shaking a bit. "Tell me a good reason why I shouldn't be angry Jae. I feel betrayed. I feel deceived. Where did I lack to make you have faith in me. To hide all this from me."

 

"Thats not the case! I severe its nothing like that."

 

"When why didn't you tell me?"

 

There was silence and Yunho opened the stall. Jaejoong was just standing infront of it with his head hung low.

 

"I didn't mean to... I promise." Jaejoong whispered. 

 

"I... I need some time to think." Yunho said and walked pass Jaejoong and outside the restroom. As soon as Yunho went out Jaejoong started shaking. He tried to control his breathe. He walked towards the sink and splashed some water in his face to calm himself down. He didn't want to have a panic attack right now. He needed to stay calm so he could find a solution for this. But he couldn't stop himself from shaking. He wanted to cry and run after Yunho and apologize. But Yunho wanted some time alone and he didn't want to ruin things further. After a while of trying to calm himself down. Jaejoong walked out of the restroom and saw that the place was nearly empty. He spotted the director instructing the crew to wrap up the last bit of the things.

 

"Director Song, where is Yunho?"

 

"You mean Mr. Jung? He went back long ago."

 

"Then what about the interview?"

 

"He said that he's do it on another day. He wasn't feeling well. I could see that too. He looked pale and sick." The director finally looked at Jaejoong from the papers in his hand and frowned. "Now you look awful. Whats up with you two?"

 

"Lets just say that something unfortunate came up and there were change of plans." Jaejoong shrugged. "I'll be going now. Good bye Director Song." With that Jaejoong walked outside of the building. He saw the car they came in standing the parking area. 

 

"Where's Yunho?" Jaejoong asked the driver. 

 

"Mr. Jung told me to take you back." The driver replied and opened the car door.

 

"But where is he?" 

 

"He said he had some work to take care of."

 

Jaejoong got into the car with a dejected expression. What can he do to make it better? He didn't even have a proper excuse for this. Yunho didn't contact him the whole day that day. Jaejoong wanted to call him but refrained since Yunho wanted sometime alone. The next day he went to the hospital but he found out that Yunho hadn't come today. 

 

.

 

"Well I must day you're the one in wrong this time Jae." Changmin said as he looked through the manuscript. 

 

"I know i know. But how am I supposed to fix this?" Jaejoong said helplessly. "I know I messed up big time. I'm such an idiot."

 

"That you are."

 

"Can you stop it and give me a proper advice?"

 

Changmin put the manuscript aside and sat up straight. "He asked for some time. Give it to him." 

 

"Its been two days Min." Jaejoong sighed. "I've never seen him so angry."

 

"He's hurt Jae." Changmin spoke. "It takes time. Just imagine what you'd do if Yunho had kept a big secret from you and you find it out through someone else? Wouldn't you feel hurt?"

 

"I know Changmin. But I can't just sit back and wait for him to come back."

 

"Then go get him." 

 

"Huh?" Jaejoong frowned.

 

"Go and tell him you're sorry and make his insecurity go away." Changmin shrugged.

 

"You say as if its pretty easy to do." Jaejoong pouted.

 

"Easy or not. Its upto you how you do it."

 

..

 

Jaejoong took a deep breathe before ringing the bell of Jung's residence. After a while a maid opened the door and her eyes shone acknowledgment. "Mr. Kim?"

 

"Uhh.. Hello. Is Yunho home?'

 

"I'm sorry but young master Jung isn't at home. Why don't you come in?"

 

"Oh its Ok I'm gonna go now-"

 

"Who is at the door?" A voice came from inside. Footsteps came and at last a figure appeared in the door frame. "Jaejoong its you! Why are you standing outside? Come in."

 

"Oh hello Mrs. Jung." Jaejoong smiled nervously. 

 

"He's looking for young master Jung." The maid spoke.

 

Jaejoong mentally cursed in his mind. Why did everyone had to ruin things for him by unnecessary things.

 

"Yunho?" Mrs. Jung blinked her eyes. "Wasn't he with you?"

 

"Uhh..Actually..." Jaejoong scratched the back of his head.He didn't know how to answer the question.

 

"Forget about that. Come inside first." 

 

..

 

"That foolish boy." Mrs. Jung sighed. "I thought he was mature enough to deal with such things."

 

"Its all my fault." Jaejoong hung his head low.

 

"You did do wrong sweetie. But this isn't a matter of life and death that he's avoiding you like this." Mrs. Jung poured some tea for herself. "And I'm afraid I don't know where he is. But we can try contacting Ara maybe she knows? Always runs to her when he is hurt." The word 'hurt' made Jaejoong's heart drop. He never wanted to hurt Yunho but this suddenly happened because of a stupid mistake of his. Mrs. Jung noticed Jaejoong's expression and patted his shoulder. "Don't worry that much. He loves you dearly. If you apologise he will forgive you."  

 

...

 

They had contacted Ara after that but she also had no clue about Yunho but after looking around a little the had find out about Yunho. He was at a friend's club right now. Jaejoong had to meet up with Changmin today to have further discussion about the novel but since Jaejoong had to meet Yunho he had to cancel it. Changmin was already halfway to Jaejoong's apartment so he didn't go back instead he decided to accompany Jaejoong to the club. Although Ara was with them, Changmin thought it'd be better if they had another man with them. They reached the club around 9pm. It was pretty big and extravagant. At first bodyguard didn't let them in but after using some of their connections they let them in. Even though Jaejoong had done alot of partying in his university life, he had never stumbled upon this club. It seemed like only rich people attended this place.

 

"I'll go look for the manager." Ara shouted so her voice could be audible over the loud music. Jaejoong nodded to that and pointed towards the counter that he'd be there. Changmin and Jaejoong went towards the counter and Changmin ordered a drink while Jaejoong refused. He was tapping his fingers on the table nervously. There was a man not too far away staring at him continuously which made him quite uncomfortable.

 

The man came to sit next to Jaejoong an spoke with his husky voice. "Hey cutie, looking for someone?"

 

Jaejoong tried to ignore him but the man got closer. He poked Changmin with his elbow and the other turned his head and narrowed his eyes towards the man. "What are you doing? He's with me." The man raised his eyebrows and walked away. 

 

After a while Ara came back and huffed. "They keep ignoring the question about the manager. I told them I'm here to look for Jung Yunho I'm his cousin but they aren't telling me anything."

 

"Is Yunho OK?" Jaejoong suddenly got up from the stool. "What is it that they're trying to hide from us?" 

 

"Jae, calm down. We shouldn't assume anything yet." Changmin put his hand on Jaejoong's shoulder. 

 

Just as they were going to leave the club Jaejoong's phone rang. "Its Junsu." He mumbled and picked up the phone. "Hi."

 

"Jae, where are you?"

 

"I'm... out. What's wrong?"

 

"Uhh.. There is a bit of a problem. You when are you coming back?" 

 

"What problem!?"

 

"I think its best to discuss it when you get back. Its about Yunho-"

 

"W-what about him!? Is he OK?" Jaejoong's voice trembled.

 

"Yeah he's fine. Let me know when you get back I'll meet you at your apartment."

 

"Junsu please explain to me what's wrong." Jaejoong pleaded.

 

"Jae this isn't something to discuss on the phone. Just come back and we will looks through this matter. Don't rush. Everything is fine." After that Junsu hung up. 

 

On the way back Changmin drove the car since Jaejoong seemed pretty out of it. He kept blaming himself how everything was his fault and of something happened to Yunho he would never be able to forgive himself.

 

"Junsu said things are fine. You're gonna pop a vein if you stress this much."

 

"Changmin! I know when Junsu is nervous. Something bad has happened and its eating me up I can't take it."

 

Ara squeezed Jaejoong's hand to assure him but deep inside she was also worried.

 

..

 

Jaejoong stared at the photographs that were laying on the table. He recognized both the people. He had opposite feelings for both people. He loved one and he hated the other. But right he felt negative emotions for both of them. Right there infront of him, in the photographs was his lover, Yunho and the other person who was plastered against his body was Yoona. They both were kissing. Yunho had his hand in Yoona's shirt and Yoona had her hand hooked around Yunho's belt. Jaejoong stared at the photos for long. As if staring them would make them disappear, would make the done undone, would turn back time. Anything possible to make it all a dream and when he'd wake the next day things wouldn't be this messed up. But here he was, just staring at the pictures with a blank expression with his heart either beating too fat or not beating at all because in either cases he couldn't feel anything right now.

 

"OK thats enough." Changmin collected the photographs and shoved them back into the envelope. He looked at the still frozen Jaejoong and sighed. "I don't know what to say to comfort you right now. But just to tell you. If you want me to beat the hell out of Jung I'll bring my baseball bat."

 

"Min.. Its not the time to joke around." Junsu frowned.

 

"Of course I'm not joking. He deserves a beating."

 

"That ." Ara cursed. "He found the most perfect moment to strike. And Yunho let it happen. He's a total idiot."

 

"I think he was drunk since his face was all red in the photograph." Yoochun commented.

 

"It could be photoshopped?" Junsu tried to reason.

 

"Did that looked even the slightest bit photoshopped to you?" Changmin snorted. "Those were 100% real."

 

"You're not helping." Junsu pouted.

 

"Just stating the fact."

 

"I'm going to sleep." Jaejoong suddenly interjected. "I feel tired."

 

"Do you want me to stay here with you?" Junsu asked.

 

"No.. You guys can go home. Thank you for your help." Jaejoong got up and went inside his bedroom.

 

"He shouldn't be left alone right now." Changmin spoke. "What if he tries something funny?"

 

"I agree." Yoochun nodded. "Me and Su will be here for the night then."

 

"I'll be leaving then." Changmin got up.

 

"Me too." Ara said. "I'll find out more about this. I'm not letting Yoona go easily this time. She's gone too far."

 

..

 

Yunho inhaled the smoke from the cigarette between fingers and let it out slowly after a while. 

 

"They were at the club to look for you today." The man standing in the doorway spoke. "What are you going to do next? You can't hide forever."

 

"I don't know Kangin." Yunho looked out of the window. "I feel like I can't show myself to them anymore. Especially Jae."

 

"And what if he finds out? You think that girl just drugged you and made out with you for nothing? Like what you've told me before about her I'm sure she had a motive behind it."

 

"How could I be so foolish."

 

"Its not your fault. She drugged you. That aphrodisiac she put in your drink... the content was too high. I'm amazed how you managed to push her away after a little make out. A normal person would've torn her clothes and ed the hell out of her right there.

 

"I even regret making out. I feel like I've committed a sin." 

 

"You're hopeless. Stop drinking and smoking and get back to your senses. I'm sure they would've found out by now. Imagine what would your boyfriend be going through."

 

Yunho's hand stopped in mid air as he was going to take another puff from the cigarette. Kangin was right. "I.. I should go back."

 

"Thank God! Now go and make things clear." 

 

..

 

Hi guys! How have you guys been? I've been busy as usual haha. I've been badly hurt by a so called friend recently so I haven't been in my highest spirits but I took a few days off from university, well it wasn't cause of the friend. I had some tissues ruptured in my left arm cause of the work i was going. My arm was already showing me warning signs but I still worked and well.. I guess I overdid things. I'm on a leave for a few days cause of that. Ok~ So about the epilogue. I'm gonna divide it into 2 parts. Initially there was gonna be only one but then I got carried away and created some extra drama lol and this is the first epilogue the second one would be uploaded after this. Please forgive the typos and mistakes. I didn't reread it cause I'm kinda stressed... cause of that friend.. sigh.. I hope you like it :') and please pray for me I'm having a hard time getting along with people... They seem too selfish.. Idk who to be close with anymore everyone seems to be so self centered.