Part 21

The Unromantic Novelist

Exam week is always the worst time for every student and it was no different for Jaejoong. The raven haired male had been sitting in the corner of the library since the last five hours, only had gotten up to go to the bathroom two times and to get a coffee, other than that he was glued to the chair.

 

"I want to cry." He mumbled to himself. "Wish I had started this earlier." 

 

"Young man, its closing time." 

 

Jaejoong looked up at the woman in shock. Was it this late? Already? He nodded as he collected his things and walked outside the library. It was dark. How long had he spent there? And managed to complete only a little bit of work? He hadn't brought his car since this place was not far from his apartment. Jaejoong was walking slowly in the direction of his house when his phone started vibrating. He took it out of his pocket and saw his sister's name.

 

"Noona." Jaejoong breathed out. He was tired but listening to his sister's voice made him feel better.

 

"Jaejoong, where have you been? You didn't even send a simple text." Came Jiyoung's angry and concerned voice. "Umma is worried as well as appa."

 

"I've been busy." 

 

"So you don't remember?"

 

"Remember what?"

 

"...."

 

"Noona?"

 

"You phaboo! Its umma and appa's anniversary tomorrow!" Came and angry voice from the other side. 

 

"Oh my God!" Jaejoong slammed his hand on his forehead. "I forgot!"

 

"Get your over here."

 

"Noona.. I'll come when its time for the celebration. I have an exam tomorrow."

 

"Why do you have exams at this time of the year!?"

 

"They were canceled before."

 

Both the siblings talked on the phone for a while. After a little while Jaejoong reached his apartment. As soon as he placed foot in his bedroom he fell on the bed. 

 

"I'm so tired." He mumbled to himself. He was thinking about what to wear for his parent's anniversary when something in his mind clicked. He should invite Yunho! Jaejoong quickly grabbed his cell phone and called Yunho.

 

"Hi love." Came Yunho's tired voice. He must have been working non stop again.

 

"Yunho..." Jaejoong sighed. It felt good listening to his lover's voice.

 

"Whats up?"

 

"Oh nothing much. Exams and all." Jaejoong mumbled. "Hey i wanted to ask you something."

 

"Sure. Go ahead."

 

"My parents have their anniversary celebration party. I was wondering if you could come? Its ok if you can't I understand you've been busy-"

 

"I'd love to Jae." He could feel Yunho smiling at the other end. 

 

"Really!?" 

 

"Yeah. When is it?"

 

"Tomorrow..." Jaejoong mumbled again. Such a short notice.

 

"That's good. I don't have much work tomorrow."

 

And i have an exam. Jaejoong  sighed.

 

They talked a bit more. Asking each other about their day and getting all lovey dovey afterwards. They talked for hours until Jaejoong began to yawn and Yunho coaxed him to sleep. 

 

"I'll pick you up tomorrow." Jaejoong said as he yawned again. 

 

"Oh~ that'll be an honour." Yunho chucked. "You should sleep now. You have so much to do tomorrow." 

 

"But I wanna keep talking to you." Jaejoong pouted.

 

"Me too baby. But you're gonna regret it tomorrow when you put your alarm to snooze." Came another chuckle.

 

"Okay okay.. Good night."

 

"Night. Love you."

 

"Love you too."

 

..

 

And Yunho was right, Jaejoong had put his alarm to snooze the third time. He tossed and turned when the alarm rang the forth time. Groaning, he sat up and threw his phone away luckily it landed on the couch so it wasn't broke. The alarm tune continued to echo through out the room as Jaejoong sat in his bed, hair sticking out in all directions. He lazily looked at the wall clock. 

 

7:45am 

 

He still had an hour left. On this day of the week his class was at 8:45am. He slid into the covers again and sighed.  He was about to fall into deep slumber again when suddenly his phone rang.

 

Who the is calling at this hour!? 

 

Jaejoong walked towards the couch like a zombie and saw Junsu's name flashing on the screen. 

 

"Hello..."

 

"Hello Jae? Where are you? We are all in the examination hall the exam is about to-"

 

Jaejoong hung up as he glanced towards the wall clock again. 

 

7:50am

 

Examination hall... exam...

 

!

 

..

 

"Mr. Kim you are late!" The professor gave Jaejoong a look over her glasses.

 

"I'm sorry!" Jaejoong bowed several times before he took the exam sheet and ran towards the nearest seat. 

 

Good thing this was his strong subject. He submitted the paper on time and he was confidant that he'd ace it. 

After the exam was over Jaejoong rushed back to his apartment after explaining to Junsu the whole situation. He changed into a nice pair of jeans and a button up shirt, styled his hair and drove over to Yunho's place. He gave Yunho a call before coming so Yunho was standing at the entrance when Jaejoong got there. 

 

"Why were you standing outside?" Jaejoong asked once he started driving towards his house. 

 

"I just got out and after a second you appeared." Yunho gave a cheeky smile. "I knew."

 

"Aren't you being too full of yourself?" Jaejoong snorted. "I already gave you a call."

 

"But that was an hour ago. You told me to get ready."

 

"You're being cheery." Jaejoong glanced at Yunho. "Aren't you nervous that you're gonna meet my family?"

 

"Even if I am can it be helped? Might as well appear confidant." Yunho straightened his jacket as he looked towards the road at front.

 

"You sound like an old man. My parents would love you since you behave like you're their age fellow."

 

"Does that mean you'll call me daddy?"

 

Jaejoong quickly stepped on the breaks, he was about to cause an accident. He stared at Yunho with wide eyes. 

 

"I think i said too much." Yunho felt his own cheeks turning hot as he slapped his hand over his mouth. Jaejoong nodded and then he resumed driving. 

 

"Say.."

 

"Yunho.. if you said one more word. I severe I'm going to stop this car and throw you out and then drive away."

 

"Don't be so aggressive. Its not like I'm doing something! I'm only talking."

 

"Don't talk!"

 

After a rather difficult journey they reached the Kim's residence. 

 

"Remember, my family isn't as small as yours is. And there wouldbe chaos everywhere. My sisters would force you to tell them about our relationship, the kids might want to climb you as a tree, appa might scare you a bit but umma is an angle she'd treat you like her own son and-" Jaejoong was silenced as a peck landed on his lips.

 

"I know, trust me. Everything will be fine."

 

"But Yunho, what if they don't agree? I have a back up plan. Listen, I'll get Junsu to get us tickets and we will run off to Japan for some time until my parents feel emotionally blackmailed and-"

 

"Jae.." Yunho held Jaejoong's face in his hands. "Calm down. Its ok. Breath." Yunho took in a deep breathe and Jaejoong followed. "Thats it. You're ok. Everyone is gonna be ok. You trust me don't you?" Yunho looked into Jaejoong's eyes.

 

"I do.. with all my heart. Its just..."

 

"You watch too many dramas." Yunho pouted slightly as he pinched Jaejoong's nose. "Come on lets go inside. They must be waiting." 

 

Jaejoong nodded and took another deep breath as he got out of the car. Yunho followed him as they both stood at the front door. Here goes nothing jaejoong held Yunho's hand tightly as Yunho sent an assuring smile his way. With that he rang the bell and waited for the door to be opened.

 

 ....

 

Hi everyone! How are you? First of all im so sorry that ive been dead for so long. University is so so hard..and i was having health issues.. with these two i wasn't able to write or do anything aside from work and rest. Even now we are having our finals and i wrote this update on my phone pls excuse the typos. I'll try to update soon. Thank you!!