Part 6

The Unromantic Novelist

Jaejoong woke up to a little patting on his face. He slept at his parent's place today. His real home. He opened his eyes slowly and in came the view of his little two year old niece. She squealed when she saw Jaejoong awake. Jaejoong smiled and scooped the little bundle of joy up in his arms. 

 

"What are you doing here?" 

 

"Uncle Jaejae breakfast! Breakfast!" The little girl spoke in her high pitched baby voice. 

 

"What time is it?" Jaejoong picked up his phone from the night stand. The little baby girl was on his lap staring at him with big eyes as Jaejoong let out a gasp she let out a squeal. Why he gasped? Cause there was a text message from someone special. "Minjinnie yah.. uncle got a text from him." He exclaimed in excitement. "He texted me first!" He quickly opened the message.

 

Hi Jaejoong its Yunho. Hope you are well. I think i forgot my bag in your car. Please let me know after checking it.

11:30pm 

 

It was sent last night and jaejoong had went to bed before that. Well thanks to his large number of family members tiring him to the bone. But he's got to check if Yunho's bag was in his car or not. 

 

"Minjinnie! You go outside I'll go take a shower." Jaejoong put his niece down on the floor and walked towards the bathroom.

 

He came out of his room after freshening up, ready for breakfast but his family seemed to be very interested in something else, whispering to each other about God knows what. 

 

"What are you guys doing?"

 

Four of his sisters  jerked as if been caught doing something they shouldn't have. 

 

"So.. who is this doctor?"

 

"He's really handsome though."

 

"Why was his bag in your car?"

 

"Since when are you friends with doctors?"

 

Jaejoong stood there as he was bombarded with questions. He blinked a few times before he realized what was happening.

 

"What do mean?" 

 

His sister who was the youngest of them all held forward a black leather brief case. "We found this in your car. Don't tell me you're switching majors." 

 

Jaejoong snatched the brief cafe from his sister and frowned. "Can't you people keep your hands away from other people's stuff? It's highly inappropriate to go on and touching other people's stuff."

 

"Wow! That was rude!" His sister crossed her arms. "This is what I get for being a good sister."

 

"You know I don't have brief cases so it clearly means  that it belongs to someone else." Jaejoong raised an eyebrow. "Why did you guys open it?" 

 

"Of course that made us curious." Jaejoong's other sister spoke. "Now who is this Jung Yunho? Spit it out."

 

"Why are you all so interested?" Jaejoong sounded annoyed. "He took care of Jiyoung's delivery. I dropped him at his house so I guess he forgot his brief case there."

 

"He didn't have his own car?" Another one of Jaejoong's sister spoke in shock. "Doctors are filthy rich!" 

 

"He wasn't feeling well." Jaejoong groaned. "Can you please stop it now? I need to let him know about this." Jaejoong took out his phone and walked away, confirming Yunho's text from earlier. 

 

"You two exchanged numbers too?" 

 

"Ah! Shut up for God's sake! Why are you like this!?"

 

"Jaejoongah! Sweetie breakfast is ready." Jaejoong's mother came into the living room. "What's wrong why are you all staring at me like that?" 

 

"Nothing... what's for breakfast umma?"

 

...

 

Somehow Jaejoong ended up arriving at Yunho's place. Yunho had insisted that he'd come at Jaejoong's place but Jaejoong didn't think Yunho meeting his sisters was a good idea. They'd ask him stupid questions. They had planned on meeting at a nearby cafe but Yunho's mother wasn't allowing him to go outside cause of his cold. So in the end Jaejoong was now standing infront of Yunho's house. Damn it was big! And for only three people. His sister was right. Doctors are filthy rich. Jaejoong rung the door bell and waited. After a few moments an old man with a suit opened the door. A butler? 

 

"May I help you?" 

 

"Uh.. yes. I'm Kim Jaejoong. Here to return Yunho's brief case." Jaejoong held it out for the old man to see it. 

 

"Come in please. Master Yunho is not feeling so well. He's in his room. You could hand it to him there." 

 

"But can't you pass it onto him?" Thats odd. Why can't he just give it to Yunho? Why does Jaejoong have to go inside. Wait.. He'd get to meet Yunho. A sick Yunho... "Alright. I'll go." Jaejoong entered the house and gasped. It was as beautiful from inside as it was from the outside, big yet comfy. 

 

"His room is upstairs. Fourth from the left."

 

Jaejoong nodded as he started walking. There were maids working there. They eyed Jaejoong curiously. He felt nervous. What if Yunho's parents saw him? Would they think of him as a thief? He shook his head and went upstairs. He was about to knock the door when he heard a female voice from inside the room. It was the  room as the Butler had instructed. Was it not Yunho's room? 

 

A maid passed by and jaejoong asked her, "Excuse me? Is this Yunho's room?" 

 

"Yes. It's young master Yunho's room." She answered after a little bow. 

 

"Is he in there?" Jaejoong pointed towards the door.

 

"Yes. He had a cold since yesterday and he didn't go outside. Ms Yoona is in there with him." 

 

"Ms Yoona? Jaejoong raised an eyebrow

 

"She's young master's childhood friend. You can go inside. You're the friend who was supposed to give him the bag right?" 

 

Jaejoong nodded and knocked the door. After he heard a come in he opened the door and went inside.

 

"Jaejoong!" Yunho gave a bright smile. "Hi! Come in!" Jaejoong smiled back. Yunho looked sick but oh God how y he looked right now. His hair ruffled, his nose red, with his hooded eyes. He looked as if he was drunk. How hot drunk Yunho would look. Jaejoong shook his head and walked further into the room. 

 

"Hi, how is your cold?" Jaejoong asked.

 

"I.. I'm good." Yunho nodded but winced. His head hurt. "OK I'm not." Oh God that pout.

 

Jaejoong blinked a few times but then he acknowledged the third person in the room and looked towards the girl standing beside Yunho's bed. 

 

"Oh. This is Yoona she's my friend. Yoona this is Jaejoong he is my friend." Yunho quickly introduced.

 

"Nice to meet you." Jaejoong extended his hand.

 

"The pleasure is all mine." Yoona took his hand and gave a sweet smile. "Yunho oppa must trouble you alot to make you come all the way just for his brief case." 

 

"No its ok. I dont have any problem with that." Jaejoong smiled. There was something strange in her tone and Jaejoong didn't like it. 

 

"But I really did trouble you. You came all the way here and-"

 

"I told you its alright Yunho." Jaejoong walked towards Yunho's bed and placed the brief case on it.

 

"Oppa, why is your cold so bad though? It wasn't like this before." Yoona started talking to Yunho. "Seems like you didn't take care of yourself when the symptoms first appeared." 

 

Jaejoong and Yunho exhanged knowing glances when Yunho spoke, "Its nothing big. I'm alright. Hey! Don't have patients to see? Why are you here anyway?"

 

"Ofcourse I have people waiting in the waiting room for me. I'm here to make sure you're well." Yoona crossed her arms. "Its my break time. So I came to see you." 

 

"Well you're just wasting your time cause I'm perfectly alright." 

 

There was a knock on the door and a maid came in with porridge. She was the same whom Jaejoong met outside. "Young master, this is good for your cold. Please eat it." Yunho made a face as soon as he saw the porridge. "Oh please don't make that face. You have to eat it even if you don't like it. We all know that once you get sick it takes such a long time for you to recover." 

 

"How about soup?" Jaejoong asked. "Its good for colds. I know the one my mother makes. Its very effective. I can make it for you." 

 

"Thats lovely! Because young master loves soup." The maid quickly spoke.

 

"But you don't have to." Yunho spoke. 

 

"You can cook?" Yoona raised an eyebrow.

 

"Well.. Soup is one of the easiest things. Everyone can make it. And yes I can cook." Jaejoong spoke and then he followed the maid towards the kitchen.

 

.

 

"So, how are you and young master friends? I've never seen you before." The old maid asked once they were in the kitchen.

 

"Well its kind of a fast friendship. My sister was his patient. We clicked I guess? You know how people who share the same interests become friends. I guess like that." To be honest he didn't know how they became friends either. It was too fast. But he was enjoying it. He liked being around Yunho. He liked the friendly atmosphere. He didn't feel awkward at all. But why did people say they felt wierd and uneasy around their crush. Did Jaejoong still have a crush on Yunho? Or was he simply too comfortable now. But he did feel it in the beginning, that strange spark. Its a definitely different feeling than that of his past relationships and its not like the kind of feeling he has when he's around his friends but what is it? He needs to think more and spend more time with Yunho to sort this out. He might have thought that he liked Yunho but he still needed to confirm it. Just go with the flow.

 

"I see. Well thats a good thing. Because Young master seems more lively now. You're younger than him it seems. Maybe making younger friends make you feel young too." The old lady chuckled. "By the way  you have some good cooking skills i have to say. By watching you cut the vegetables I can see you do it often."

 

"I have a big family." Jaejoong chuckled. "And having nine elder sisters isn't an easy thing for a brother. I had to do the same things they did. Cooking, playing dress up, pretend tea parties. They used to dress me up as a girl too and you could hardly tell the difference." Jaejoong replied.

And what did she say about Yunho being lively. Wasn't he like that before? But its only been a few days since they two have become friends. How can she tell? 

 

"I can see why. You are a beauty aren't you?"

 

"I don't like the term." Jaejoong frowned. "I'd like to be called handsome."

 

The maid let out a laugh. "Alright mister handsome. I think the water is done boiling."

 

.

 

"You made this?" Yunho's eyes windened and he took another spoonful into his mouth.

 

"Yes, is something the matter?" Jaejoong asked nervous.

 

"This is amazing!" Yunhog grinned. "I haven't had something like this in ages! Its amazing I tell you!"

 

"I'm glad you liked it." Jaejoong smiled. "Where is Yoonashi?" Jaejoong looked around.

 

"Her break was over. She went to the hospital." Yunho answered as he happily continued to drink the soup.

 

"She's a doctor huh? You sure have a handful of doctors around you." 

 

"Well, its cause I'm a doctor too. Yoona and I have been childhood friends though. We practically grew up together. Our parents are good friends. We're like family." Yunho explained. "She's a year junior. She's in the physiology department."

 

"Ah I see." Jaejoong nodded. "Do you feel better now?"

 

"Yes! Thanks to you." Yunho grinned. "You gotta give the recipe to the chief. I need this whenever I get sick."

 

"Nope. Its a secret." Jaejoong quickly spoke. "But I won't mind making it for you when you're sick. Lets switch roles here. I can be your doctor."

 

Yunho stared at Jaejoong for a moment. His cheeks dusted with an additional red. Was he blushing? Jaejoong made Yunho blush?? Jaejoong didn't actually intend it. But he didn't flirt with Yunho. And it worked! 

 

"That would be very kind of you." Yunho smiled and proceeded in finishing his soup. Jaejoong stared at him for some time. He was definitely looking forward to spend more time with this man.

 

.

Hope you liked the update ^^ and i wanted to thank all of you for your comments and subscriptions and upvotes. It's my first time writing a chaptered fic. And I love the support i m getting. I'm touched <3 you guys are awesome