part 13

The Unromantic Novelist

Jaejoong opened his eyes. His head hurt a little. He looked around, huh? He was on the couch? Since when did he... His mind flew to the events that happened yesterday. He had fallen asleep. Jaejoong sighed and sat up he grabbed his phone.

 

23 missed calls

 

Most of them were from Junsu and a few from his sisters. None from Yunho. Jaejoong sighed as he called back Junsu. 

 

"Jaejoong! Where are you!?"

 

"Uh.. home."

 

"Home!?? You were supposed to be at the university half an hour ago! Professor Cho isn't happy. The class started 15 minutes ago."

 

Jaejoong just sat there, on his couch, scratching his head. He was still a bit sleepy.

 

"Jae? Hello?"

 

"Sorry I wasn't listening what were you saying?" Jaejoong yawned as he glanced at the clock. 9:00am tick tick 9:01am tick tick

 

The next thing was Jaejoong running into the bathroom washing is face, tripping while wearing his pants, struggling to button his shirt and then he ran out of his apartment. He forgot to take his bag.

 

...

 

"Mr. Kim."

 

"Professor Cho. Ha.. ha.."

 

There stood Jaejoong in the class entrance with his bed hair sticking in all directions, his shirt wrinkled and he had leaves in his hair.

 

"What on Earth?" The professor stared at him in horror. 

 

"I'm sorry I'm late for class." He bowed. "I promise it won't happen again please don't fail me!"

 

"Are you alright?" 

 

Jaejoong lifted his head up in confusion. He glanced at himself. He didn't even button his shirt properly. "Uhh..."

 

"Alright go sit down don't be late again."

 

Jaejoong walked towards Junsu, his steps were wobbly after managing to save himself from tripping he plopped himself on the chair next to Junsu and sighed. "Do I look that bad?"

 

"Mhmm." Junsu nodded. "You look like you went tumbling down a hill."

 

Sigh.

 

..

 

Jaejoong checked his phone again after the class but there was nothing, no text no call.. From Yunho. He thought about sending the other a text himself but then he was unsure. Did Yunho think of him as a nuisance yesterday? Did he not enjoy their date? Did Jaejoong blurt our stupid things during his sleep? His eyes widened. What if he did. He quickly dialed Yunho's number. 

 

"Hi Jae. Had a good sleep?"

 

"Y-yeah."

 

"Glad to know. You OK? You sound tired." 

 

How does he know? Jaejoong thought as he cleared his thought. "I slept alot. Why would I be tired?"

 

"Well since you haven't been sleeping. So suddenly sleeping for that long would've made you feel a bit sick? Dizzy and tired?"

 

"Yeah." Jaejoong nodded as he yawned. He was sleepy again. Oh! He should remember why he called Yunho in the first place. "Yunho."

 

"Yes Jaejoong?"

 

"When did I fall asleep?"

 

"Well we were half way through the movie and you just fell asleep." Yunho chuckled.

 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

 

"Why she you apologizing? You should be thankful that you got to sleep."

 

"But I ruined our date."

 

Yunho chuckled again. It sounded so nice. "Don't worry it wasn't ruined. I had fun and besides we'll be going out alot more." 

 

Jaejoong blushed a bit. "OK." Why was he always so embarrassed when Yunho ? That isn't  fear! He's a man. He shouldn't get so flustered.

 

"Yeah and you were so cute too."

 

"Huh?"

 

"After you fell asleep." 

 

"What!? What did I do?"

 

"Oh Jae looks like I have another patient coming up. I gotta go talk to you later!"

 

"Wait Yunho! Wait-"

 

But the line had been dropped. Jaejoong gulped. What did he do? He had a bad habit of talking in his sleep. Did you do something embarrassing? Yunho's definition of cute is very different from his own. He scratched his hard and picked out a leaf from his hair, now where did that come from? Jaejoong went to the cafeteria to grab something to eat. Junsu was off to meet Yoochun so he was all alone for the break. He got himself a sandwich and sighed. He was still tired. He was tried when he slept, he was tired when he didn't sleep. What the hell was he supposed to do? 

 

"Oppa!" Jaejoong turned around to see Euna walking towards him with a big smile. "You're alone?"

 

"Uhh..."

 

"Yes you are. Junsu oppa is there with Yoochun oppa and you're all alone." She giggled. "I just need your help with my literature class."

 

Jaejoong sighed and motioned towards the chair opposite to him. Euna gingerly sat down and and took her books. "Oh yeah you're in your freshmen year. Why did you choose literature? You could choose something better for the elective class." 

 

"Don't be silly. Of course I chose it cause of you." She grinned and Jaejoong realized how small that girl was. She must be 18 but she looked younger. "I feel it'd make me get to know you better. I'm not giving up you know."

 

"Euna..." Jaejoong felt guilt seeping into his heart. Euna was gonna get her heart broken. "You shouldn't waste your time on me." Euna stopped flipping through the pages of her book and looked up at Jaejoong. "I just.. don't want you to get hurt."

 

"I'm ok." Euna smiled. "I'll try as long as i Have to. I don't wanna give up."

 

"I'm in a relationship." Jaejoong blurted out but winced when he realized the effects his words had on the other. 

 

Euna's smile dropped as she stared at Jaejoong. "R-really?" 

 

Jaejoong nodded. "I'm sorry." He saw her eyes began to glister with unfallen tears. "I didn't wanna lead you on." Euna just sat there and sniffed. "I'm really sorry." 

 

She forced a wobbly smile. "You d-don't need to apologize oppa. I should be the one to say sorry. I'm s-sorry I've been chasing after you and annoying you when you're taken I-I.." She hiccuped and hid her face in her hands as he lost her self control and sobbed. Jaejoong's eyes widened, he didn't know what to do. It was still early so there weren't alot of people there, not anyone he knew. 

 

"Euna.. I'm sorry. Please stop crying." Jaejoong said, panicking a bit. 

 

"D-don't a-apologise." Came Euna's muffled voice and she hiccuped. Jaejoong knew she wasn't going to stop anytime soon. He remembered how Yunho had managed to make him stop crying. He gulped and stood up. As exptected Euna had quickly stopped crying as Jaejoong engulfed the petite girl into a light hug. He lowered her hands and just stared with wide eyes.

 

"There." Jaejoong smiled and took out a handkerchief from his pocket, he wiped her tears with it. "My eldest niece us your age. She had her heart broken by some guy last year. But instead of being sad she cursed on him all day. I'm glad you didn't do that." He chuckled to lighten up the mood. Euna stared at Jaejoong with her big puffy eyes and her cheeks turned into a slight shade of crimson. Jaejoong went back to sit down in his chair. "Don't worry Its not like I'll start avoiding you or anything. We can be friends if you want." Euna gave another wobbly smile. "Ok so tell me where do you need help with your work."

 

..

 

"Is everything alright?" Yunho raised an eyebrow as Jaejoong sighed for the fifth time since his appointment. 

 

"Yeah." 

 

"Doesn't seem like it." Yunho leaned back in his chair. "You know you can tell me."

 

"Remember Euna?"

 

"Oh! Doctor Ahn's daughter?" 

 

"Yeah." Jaejoong sighed again and told Yunho about the incident that took place that morning. Yunho listened carefully and nodded every now and then.

 

"I'm proud of you Jae. You did the right thing." Yunho smiled after Jaejoong was finished.

 

"But I hurt her." Jaejoong pouted. "You should've seen her crying. It wasn't a good sight." 

 

"But its better this way." Yunho quickly said. Jaejoong detected something in his voice. It was something different. Something was definitely different. 

 

"But-"

 

"Jae, I told you its OK." Yunho frowned. "You shouldn't get worried. Besides everyone gets rejected sometime in life."

 

Could it be? Jaejoong blinked a few times and just stared at Yunho. "Yunho.."

 

"Can't we just talk about something else?"

 

"No.. I mean.." Jaejoong leaned forward a bit. "Are you? By any chance... Jealous?" And then he saw it. The tip of Yunho's ears turning red. Jaejoong smirked. "Oh my oh my. The great and wise Jung Yunho is jealous because of a girl ten years his junior." Jaejoong grinned and thought of ways to tease Yunho but his smiled faltered when he saw Yunho's serious expression.

 

"And what if I am?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"A girl chasing after my boyfriend. I don't think I'd like that."

 

Jaejoong stared at the other. "You gotta be kidding me."

 

"I'm not." Yunho said, his voice deep.

 

"Umm.. well.. You don't need to be worried cause there's no way I'd even think of being with her. I see her as a little sister and.."

 

"And?"

 

"And I'm going out with you." 

 

And Yunho smiled. Jaejoong's heart melted at that. "I know." He stood up and ruffled the younger's hair. "I'll be free after half an hour. Its already late. Wanna grab dinner?" 

 

...

 

Yunho walked out of the hospital doors and was about to walk towards the parking area where Jaejoong was waiting for him. 

 

"Yunho!" 

 

Yunho turned around to see Yoona waving and walking quickly towards him. "Yoona.. You're still here? Did Ara go home yet?"

 

"Ara left an hour ago. I had some work to take care of thats why I stayed behind. You're going early." She took out her phone and checked the time. "Usually you get off at 10pm. Its only 8pm right now."

 

"Work finished early." Yunho shrugged. "I'm going to grab dinner with Jaejoong."

 

"Oh.. Jaejoong is here?"

 

"Yeah. I told you I'm helping him out with his insomnia."

 

"Ah.. I see. How is he?" Yoona forced a smiled.

 

"He's doing good. Better than I expected. I think the main reason was stress and lack of human interaction I guess. Loneliness can be a killer."

 

"Tell me about it." Yoona scoffed. "Well I had to remind you that we have family dinner tomorrow. Don't I repeat don't be late."

 

"I'll try my best." Yunho gave a knowing smile as he began to walk down the stairs. "I can't promise anything though."

 

"I swear of you're late you're gonna pay!" Yoona shouted as Yunho walked away from her.

 

"I have enough money in my back!" Yunho shouted back as he proceeded to walk towards his car.

 

They had a great dinner date. The atmosphere was light, with jokes and flirting and mostly talk about themselves. Jaejoong told Yunho about his childhood and how he was a spoiled prince. Yunho laughed and that He'll spoil Jaejoong too at which Jaejoong threw a pea at him by using his spoon as a lever. At the end Yunho drove the other to his apartment.

 

"See you tomorrow." Yunho smiled.

 

"Yeah." Jaejoong nodded. "Don't you wanna come in?"

 

"I'm afraid I'd have to pass. My folks are waiting for me at home." Yunho smiled apologetically. 

 

"Oh Its alright." Jaejoong tried his best not to show his disappointment.

 

"Hey." Yunho stepped forward and help Jaejoong's hand. "Don't make that face. It makes me not want to go."

 

"Then don't go." Jaejoong mumbled.

 

"Huh?"

 

"N-nothing. I said its OK. There's always a next time." Jaejoong forced a smile to which Yunho smiled back. their eyes locked and it felt like the world had stopped. Jaejoong could hear his own heart beating like crazy. Yunho was... unbelievingly handsome. That strong jawline, those almond eyes that held so much emotion, that mole above his upper lip and Oh God his lips. Jaejoong gulped and quickly snapped out of his trance. He had been staring at Yunho's lips! Snap out of it. But everything went haywire when Yunho suddenly leaned in. 

Jaejoong had kissed a lot of times before. He had had many girlfriends. But this... this was something else. And Gosh! Yunho was kissing him.  Those bow shaped lips were on his lips, moving in a chaste kiss. He could keep pleasant tingles running up his spine. He felt lightheaded, the world was spinning and he was out of breath but he didn't pull away. No he didn't if he could he would stay like this forever. Yunho brought his hand up and held Jaejoong's jaw, tilting his face a bit to deepen the kiss. It was slow and Jaejoong felt too many sensations. When Yunho's tongue brushed against his lower lip, he lost it. He brought his hands to grab the front of Yunho's shirt to steady himself or he'd fall. He didn't know how long they kissed but it felt so right and he didn't want it to stop. But then Yunho pulled away and Jaejoong took in gulps of air. Yunho swiped his thumb over Jaejoong's upper lip and leaned in to leave a peck on the corner of the younger's mouth.

 

"Good night." Yunho mumbled and gave a smile before he turned around and walked towards his car. He waved one last time before driving away leaving a dumbfounded Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong was still standing there. Alone. Was this a dream? He brought his hand up and left his lips. They felt soft and swollen. Everything inside him tingled with newfound sensations. He had never felt such a thing. He turned around and entered his apartment. It was like he just had his first kiss. He wasn't going to get any sleep tonight. 

...

 

 

Hello people! How are you all? Here is the new chapter. And I apologise for being late AGAIN but hehe as you know university... Our teachers are so cruel.. they're overwroking us. Ok so remember when I told you how I had gotten into the same situation as Jaejoong in my story regarding my deadline. Now I'm facing insomnia LMAO well I had this problem before too but it wasn't as frequent like it is now. It must be 'cause of all the stress and all but really though.. If this is gonna happen then can't I have a Yunho of my own? I need to be cured >u< Oh and hehe I hope you enjoyed the end OuO Do comment~ I'll be back with another one real soon!