p5-5

The Odds of Us

Minzy couldn't believe the impeccable timing of the parents' demands. It appeared that every parent wanted their child to have a solo performance on top of the group dances they had worked so hard on. Holding a parent's meeting, she had explained to the parents that this would mean that the recital had to be postponed for at least a month or two. They all came to an agreement that they would wait. Though the kids were bummed about hearing this news, they agreed that they would wait. Two individuals in particular had approached her at separate times. 

"I think I'm going to need extra practices," Seunghyun frowned feelng the pressures of his mother on his back. He knew it took him more time to figure the moves out than others which was why he approached her. "Do you think it's possible?" 

"Thank you for coming to me. I want you to know it's okay if you need extra practices. Let me talk this out with Lisa and see what we can do to fit those practices in okay," Minzy smiled. 

"Alright," Seunghyun gave her a thumbs up before turning to give his mother a thumbs up. 

Smiling as she watched the young boy fall back in line, she watched as Youngbae took his chance to have a one on one with her, "Hey Youngbae what's up?" 

"How are you feeling," he grinned as he looked at her huge belly. 

"I'm okay, how about you," she asked right back.

Youngbae shrugged as he looked at his classmates practicing, "I know you must be tired. So we can cut my solo out if you need to." 

"Youngbae why would I do that? You're the main reason why I started this dance class. You deserve to shine just as much as everyone else okay," Minzy said trying to not let her bias show. 

"Okay, but will you tell me when it gets too hard? I wanna make sure you and baby stay healthy," he smiled. 

She was so touched as she nodded, "Alright, now go and catch up with the rest of them okay?" 

 

Minzy liked the idea of recording each kid so that she and Lisa could go over and critique what needed to be done to improve their performance. Smiling as Lisa had also shared her vision of making a website, she admitted that it would be a great project to work on once the recital was done. "I'm so proud of you Lisa, you're fitting right in." 

"Thank you, I'm so grateful for this dream job. Not to mention the pay is so good," Lisa nodded. 

"Is it now," Minzy chuckled. 

"Your husband pays me very well," Lisa smiled. 

"Oh...he's not..." Minzy's words were cut short as Chaerin had knocked and let herself in. 

"I should go, it's getting late. See you tomorrow," Lisa said waving to the pair as she left. 

Minzy let out a sigh of relief as she relaxed in her bed more comfortably, "She is a dream come true." 

"I'm glad to hear that," Chaerin smiled as she made her way over. Sitting across from Minzy she sat with her hands in her lap. 

This made Minzy eye her suspiciously, "What?" 

"It's been about a month and a half now," Chaerin spoke up. 

"Since..." 

"Since Mino has decided to stay," Chaerin said as if it was a question. 

Minzy pursed her lips together as she wondered what she was getting at, "Yeah we've decided to be good to each other until the baby comes." 

"Then what? You have to raise the baby and you can't really do that living here. This apartment is meant for a single peson," Chaerin said. "You're going to need more space."

"I know...I can get a part time job as an interior designer again. I'll figure this out when I get there," Minzy said feeling the stress of the conversation getting to her. Chaerin brought up a great point. Maybe at first it would be okay to stay in this apartment, but eventually she would need to move to a two bed apartment to give her child some space to grow. 

"That's not what I'm getting at Minzy," Chaerin huffed. "What I'm trying to say is when are you and Mino going to finally get together?" Minzy sat dumbfounded as Chaerin continued on, "You and Mino need to figure this out. Find out where you guys stand." 

"I know," Minzy mumbled as she hung her head low. Things had been running so smoothly since she and Mino had agreed to talk things out before hand. But that didn't answer the weighing thoughts at the back of her mind. She had known that he was doing the best he could for the baby, yet she wondered if any of it was for her. She knew it was a selfish thought and therefore pushed it at the back of her mind, but it was still there nonetheless. "I will figure it out," she sniffled back the tears that were ready to burst from her eyes. 

Chaerin went quiet as she noticed her dear friend ready to break down, "Look, I don't want to make you cry. But you have to figure this out now. I can't have you stressing out after the fact when the baby is already here. I just want you to think about it and talk with him." 

A knock came at the door and Minzy froze as Chaerin called for the person to enter. "Hey Mino." 

"Hey," he grinned as he saw the two sitting face to face as if they were in a deep conversation. "I just wanted to bring by some food and some vitamins that are supposed to help the mom and baby." 

"No you're not interrupting. In fact I was just leaving," Chaerin looked at Minzy sternly before shaking her head and moving to embrace her. "Just talk to him please."

Minzy could only nod as she watched Chaerin leave. "Is everything okay," Mino asked as he brought over the food and vitamins like he said. 

She shrugged as she grinned seeing the smiling baby on the vitamin bottle, "You didn't have to get this." 

"Who else is going to make sure you and baby stay healthy," he smiled brightly taking her words as a compliment. 

"Mino we need to talk," she said as she nodded for him to take a seat next to her. 

Feeling the tension in the air, he quickly did what she asked, "What is it? Did I get the wrong vitamins?" 

She chuckled as she shook her head, "No...we need to figure out this." Pointing between herself and him, she shrugged, "How are we going to raise this baby? I can manage for the first two years being in this apartment. But our baby is going to eventually need his own room..." 

"Minzy I have a confession to make," he cut in causing her too look up at him. "I was planning on telling you in the coming days, but...I was wondering if you would move in with me?" He raised his eyebrow at her, unsure of how she would take it, "I mean when I found out that you were pregnant I started remodeling my home to make it suitable for both you and the baby if ever you decided that you needed more space for our baby. Don't take this the wrong way I really..." He was surprised as she all but catapulted into his direction hugging him tightly.

"Thank you Mino," she breathed as she held him tight. "You're so thoughtful." 

He chuckled as he craddled her in his arms, "So are you saying you'll move in with me?" 

"I'm saying thanks for having the foresight of preparing for the future. I can only seem to see what is in front of me," she made a joke of her belly that she rubbed. 

"That's all you need to see for now," he grinned as he looked to her swelling belly. "Should we see what our home looks like tomorrow so you can make any changes if neccessary?" 

"Tomorrow? You mean to tell me that you've finished remodeling the house for us," she teased as she watched him nod. "Wow...okay, I guess we can go see the house tomorrow then." 

"Yes," he cheered victoriously making Minzy laugh. Gazing down at Minzy's belly, he looked at her for permission to which she nodded as he lovingly craddled her belly. "You hear that? You and mommy are coming to see your new home. I can't wait for you to see it," he said happily to receive a kick. "That a boy," Mino smiled as he looked to the woman that held his world. "Eat up and make sure to take your vitamins. We have a big day tomorrow." 

"I will," she nodded as she took hold of the bottle and shook it with a smile. "See you tomorrow." 

 

Minzy sat in the lounge area waiting for Mino knowing that she needed more time to walk the stairs. Smiling as she saw a black sports car pull up, she made her way to the door and was greeted by Mino who graciously locked up for her and then opened the passenger side for her to ease in. When she was secured in with the seat belt, he walked around excited to be showing her what he spent his month doing back home. 

Minzy watched as he drove into the nicer part of town and turned to look at him as he drove up to the gated community. Nodding at the guard who let them pass, she coughed a laugh as he drove up and into the moutains. "What," Mino asked as he glanced over at her. 

"I didn't realize you were that kind of rich, but then I should've known that your bar tender outfit was a little too nice," she teased. 

Mino laughed as he drove up the winding road, "I didn't introduce myself as a bar tender, you just assumed I was."

"I should've realized that seeing as you couldn't make a drink or work the cash registered," she said making them both laugh at the memory. Minzy gawked at the expansive mansion they were pulling up to. It was huge as it took up the whole top of the mountain and draped down the side. "There is no way this is your home," she breathed as they pulled up to the large entrance where servants awaited their arrival. She couldn't believe that he had bought a wheelchair, but she was grateful as he pushed her into the large door way entrance. The home was modern as to be expected of an architect. The high ceiling, the details that adorned every inch, it was stuff made of an architect's dreams. The way the light reflected off the windows that made the space seem so open, she enjoyed the ride as she came to an elevator. "No way," she laughed as she and Mino boarded the elevator and went up to the third floor. 

"This floor has been baby proofed," he grinned to himself. "This is our son's play room, his study, his creative room..." Minzy had counted five rooms before getting to the room that mattered the most. "And this is his bedroom," Mino said as he opened the door to reveal a large room that was twice as big as her apartment. There was a built in aquarium along one wall, a large library of books down another, and the bed was massive with gismos and gadgets of all sorts. Nodding her head at all the modern furniture, she was speechless. "So, what do you think?" 

"I think...it's too much," she frowned as she gazed up at him. "This room alone is big enough for me and the baby to share..." 

"Wait this is just for the baby..." 

"I know, but I come with the baby..."

"No you don't understand Minzy please, I'm saying this is for the baby but I have a space for you too," he said before she tried to cut him off. "Let me show you," he turned the wheelchair and made their way back to the elevator. Hopping off on the next floor up he showed her just what he meant. "I made you a spa room, a dance room, a workout room, a creative room for arts, and a study room just in case you want to brush up on your interior designing skills." 

"Wow you made this whole floor for me," she gawked at his thoughtfulness. "Then where am I supposed to sleep? In the spa room," she figured it was nice enough and large enough for it to be a room. 

"Don't insult me," he coughed a laugh as he made their way back to the elevator. Seeing him press the next floor up, there was just one more floor above that. Exiting the elevator it was as if she stepped into a small mansion of a home within a large one. It had a living room, a dining room, a sitting room, a kitchen, small bedrooms and finally the master bedroom that swept over the second half of the floor. It was the largest bedroom she had ever seen. Smiling at the meshing of oranges and reds, the aloha theme didn't go unnoticed as she sat staring at the floor to ceiling glass walls that gave her an entire view of the city and miles out. "What do you think?" 

"This is my room," she asked breathlessly. 

"This is our room," he said as he came around, kneeling before her he smiled brightly. "If you'll let me I want to give you and our baby this home as a token of my love for you both." 

"What," she was in tears as he took her hand in his.

"Please Minzy," he breathed as he took out a ring and held it before her. "I want to do right by you and our baby." 

She shook her head as she glanced around before looking back at him, "You've done right by me and the baby already. You don't have to marry me to prove that you'll take care of him." 

He shook his head as he took her hands in his, "You don't get it do you? I'm asking you to marry me because I don't just want to care for our baby but I want to care for you too." Coughing a laugh as he thought it was obvious by now, "Minzy I love you. I've loved you since you thought of me as nothing more than a bar tender. Since we made the promise to live in the moment. Since the first time we made love. Since the time I so stupidly chose to leave. Since the time you took my breath away seeing you in that red dress for that picnic. Since you told me that we've made a baby. Since you let me back in your life even though you didn't have to. Since we decided to be good to each other and even now as I am showing you the house that I hope will become a home to you." Giving her hands a gentle squeeze as if pleading for her to understand his intentions. "Let me give you the happily ever after you so deserve now. Please I beg you let me be right for you." 

"I'm such a mess," she cried as she pulled her hands away to wipe at her tears. "I swear I've never cried this much in my life as much as I've cried in the past couple of months." 

"I'm sure I've been the cause of that," he chuckled as she nodded and laughed along with him. 

Gazing at the ring, it sparkled with diamonds galore, "Can I think about it?" Seeing the rejection in his face, she quickly added an explanation, "Marriage is a big deal. there are just some things I want to think over before I honestly answer you." 

Her explanation made him worry, "Alright?" He didn't know how else to respond as she grinned at him. Awkwardly pushing the ring back into his pocket, he stood on his feet as the aroma of sizzling meat wafted in the air. "Well I guess you can think about it over lunch. Our personal chef is cooking for us right now." 

"You have a personal chef," she breathed in disbelief as sure enough there was a man dressed please. 

Minzy was up on her feet watching as the chef worked effortlessly plating their food, "Umm...you don't have to add the extra stuff," Mino spoke to the chef who nodded and finished setting their plates on the table. 

"Extra stuff," Minzy glanced over at him suspicously.

To which he shrugged and grinned sadly, "I hoped you'd say yes..."

Seeing the chef place their food onto the table that was decorated with rose petals and all, she frowned as she turned to him, "Mino..." she paused as she gazed at the chef who wordlessly took the hint and excused himself. Turning back to the rejected man before her, she thought of how best to put it. "There are two reasons why I can't say yes right now. The first being that even if I do love you and want to love you the doubt in the back of my mind that you'll leave me again still plagues me..."

"I left once and as I've told you before it was to give you a chance to love what you had. Are you going to keep punishing me for loving you enough to let you go," he huffed in frustration. 

"You did leave me once and once is all it took to instill the fear I have that this is all too good to be true and could be gone if you decided it that way. So yes, yes I know your point of view now, but I also remember my own very clearly as if it happened yesterday. But if you do decide to leave I want you to promise me that you won't ever leave our child. Throw me away if you get tired of me, but never our baby," she sniffled as she cupped her belly. "Promise me," she looked at him through teary eyes. 

He sighed knowing very well her request was silly, he would never leave her and especially their little human, "I promise I won't ever leave you and the baby." 

Nodding as she didn't have it in her to argue his promise, she knew the second thing she had to work through was just as challenging, "The second reason is because I want our parents' blessings. If we are going to be a family I want our families to be involved. Our baby deserves to have their grandparents in his life."

Mino had been so preoccupied in getting everything prepared for their future together that he had all but forgotten to seek her parent's blessing. He mentally slapped his head and nodded, "You're right. I wasn't thinking." 

"I want to seek your parent's blessing as well," Minzy added. "It goes both ways." 

"Umm...I'm not sure that's a good idea," he chuckled nervously. "My parents are..." 

"Just as hard to please as my parents," Minzy asked. He nodded as she chuckled, "Great we can work through it together." 

Unsure if Minzy could really take the scrutiny of his parents he shrugged, "So when we figure those things out you'll say yes?" 

"I'll give you my answer," she smiled as she glanced over at the table and felt her stomach grumble. "Now let's eat." Mino shook his head as he followed her, helping her to her seat before taking his own. He smiled as she dug right in. 

 

Minzy could not stop talking about the lunch they had all the way back to her studio. She was completely stuffed and ready for a nap. But as they pulled up she tensed as she saw her mother's car. "," she breathed as she saw the woman who stood at her door. 

"Who is that," Mino asked as he pulled up to see the woman turn around glaring at the car. 

"My mother," she sighed as she looked to him. "You should go..." 

"I thought we were doing this together," he gave her a scolding look before hoping out of the car to open the door for her. 

Minzy sighed as she forced herself up and out of the car to face the woman who stood awaiting her arrival. Stepping to her mother, she took notice of the shocked look on her face when she saw her belly. But the surprise look faded away with the glare that reappeared. "Hello mother," Minzy said as her mom then looked at Mino barely taking recognition of him before turning to look back at her. 

"What the hell is going on," her mother snapped causing Minzy to jump back a little. 

"Mom let's go inside and talk," Minzy suggested as she walked past her mother to try and open the door but her mother caught hold of her hand to stop her. 

"Not here, you'll come home and tell your little story to your father. He should be home by the time we get there," her mother said as if Minzy had no option. 

"Home," Minzy raised an eyebrow unsure how to feel about her mother's request. 

Her mother rolled her eyes as she turned still holding onto Minzy's arm, "Let's go." 

Mino was quick to react as he moved to stand in front of Minzy's mother. Holding up his hands, he gave her a small smile and was met with a glare, "Please, allow me to take Minzy to your home. We can follow you in my car." 

"Listen here boy, if you know what's good for you you'd move out of my way," she growled. "I don't need you to take my daughter anywhere do you hear me?! Leave my daughter alone!" 

"Mother," Minzy spoke up to receive glaring eyes that had her shutting again. She felt like a child again as she hung her head low. 

"Please ma'am I don't mean any disrespect..." 

"If you don't mean it then do as I've told you and leave my daughter alone. She doesn't need you or your problems." Mino clenched his jaw shut as Minzy looked from her mother to Mino. It was then that Minzy's mother smirked, "I know your type. Now stay away from my daughter. It's the last time I'm going to tell you." Pulling Minzy along, Minzy gazed back at Mino who looked at her remorseful. Minzy couldn't understand why he was looking at her like that as she hopped into her mother's car. Staring out the window as her mother came around to have their driver open the door for her, Minzy stayed staring out the window at Mino who still had that look of sadness. "Driver get us out of here," her mother scoffed as she shook her head. 

 

Minzy came from a wealthy family and if you would ever ask her if she was rich she would say that her parents were rich. She would admit that she never knew what it was like to struggle financially as her parents paid for everything until she broke off from the family. Having her parents control her life was something she was never really fond of and thanks to Bobby she got the courage to leave. She left the world she knew behind to bask in the free world. Now she was going back to the place she never felt was a home. Entering their family mansion, it wasn't as big as Mino's but it was still large like her family fortune. Following her mother into the living room, she inhaled deeply as she saw her father reviewing some files at the desk.                                                    

"Come," he beckoned and his mother along with Minzy came to sit at the chairs in front of him. She was grateful that he stayed looking at the files as she took her seat unsure she could handle the scrutiny of her father's gaze. Watching as he shook his head, he let out a soft sigh as he closed the file and looked up at her. "Minzy what is going on?" She bit the corner of her lower lip as he started his lecture. "Your mother told me that she had heard of some rumors about you throwing yourself at an engaged man. You had trapped him into getting involved with you..." he paused as his wife nodded for him to look down at Minzy. It was then that he noticed her swelling belly. Leaning forward, he felt an oncoming headache. "You trapped a man with a pregnancy and forced his hand to take care of you even though he is still going through with his engagement. Apparently his parents are doing everything in their power to appease the girl's family and it seems to be working.So where does that leave you in this story? Our family name is being spit on and everyone is calling you the in it all." 

"I don't believe you," Minzy said as she felt the tears threatening to leave her eyes. 

"I knew you wouldn't, so I brought you proof," he said as he reopened the file. Sliding photos of Mino and a goregous young woman on his arm, them on what appeared to be dates, and of course the one with the young woman wearing a dazzling ring. They looked like a perfect power couple as she leaned against him with his arms wrapped around her. 

"You know how people talk," Minzy's mother huffed out in frustration. 

Yes, Minzy knew very well that rich people talked. They talked a lot, which was one of the reasons why she couldn't take it anymore and left. "So I'm asking you, please come home. We will make this all go away." 

Placing her hands on her belly she sadly smiled, "Money can't hide everything and I don't want to hide us. Me and my baby will be just fine with or without you." 

"Minzy," her mother gasped in shock. 

"Father I don't care what people are saying, but I am sorry that it is runing our family name. All I know is that I will do right by my baby. I won't stop Mino from being in my baby's life and if he so chooses to be with that woman that's his choice. We've already talked it through and have agreed that the baby will have both parents in his life even if we're not together." 

"So you're going to let that man make a fool of you," her father growled with anger. "You're going to live in the shadows as the leeching off of him until the day you die." 

"Actually I've started my own dance company and have my own employees. It's not much but it's something that I love to do," she shrugged.

"Look what you did! I told you to not let her take those stupid dance classes when she was younger," her mother spat at her father. "Minzy be reasonable. You can't take care of a child by yourself with no money. That boy will leave you and that baby with nothing but broken dreams and empty bellies." 

Minzy knew there was no way to convince her parents that she would be okay. They had always lived a very comfortable life and the struggles for them were keeping up with the wealthy class trends and gossip. "I promise..." 

"Promise? You promise what? That you'll be okay. That that boy you're running around with actually cares about you," her mother spoke bluntly. "Let me ask you this, these promises he's made you does he keep them? And I'm not just talking materialistic things, I'm asking if his words match his actions," her mother clarified. "You say that you've talked things out, but yet you seem to not know of his fiance. Are you sure you know everything about this boy? Are you sure he'll keep his promise to you?" 

Minzy was quiet as she thought on her mother's words. She wanted to answer yes and be over with it, but she couldn't. Sitting quietly as she thought of herself on that dock waiting for him was all that played in her mind. Maybe there was more to the story. Maybe he didn't just leave for her sake but his as well. There were so many possibilities that could have happened as her parents awaited her reply. "This isn't about Mino. This is about me and my baby. I'm grateful to you both for raising me, but it's my turn to make my own way. Let me breathe and experience life even if it's not the life you thought I'd have. So with that being said I will respectfully take my leave." 

"If you leave you're cut off from this family you hear me," her father roared as he drove his fist into the desk. "Leave and never come back," he said pointing towards the exit. 

Nodding as she knew her father was serious, she bowed respectfully and turned to leave. Before she walked out, she turned back to look at both of her parents that tried to keep a brave face on, "Thank you both again for raising me. I hope I will do you both proud as future grandparents." Holding her head high, she nodded to the driver who opened the door for her to hop in the car. Looking straight ahead, she silently cried as her heart yearned for her parents to one day understand. 

 

Minzy found herself trembling as she tried to open the door to her studio. She struggled to get the key in the hole as Bobby approached her. "Here let me get it," he spoke up as he easily slipped the key and opened the door for her. 

"Thanks," she mumbled as she looked to him. "Are you here to warn me about my mother? I just met with my parents," she sighed as she moved to the lounge area. 

"Oh," he frowned. "How did it go?" 

She shrugged as she sat on the nearest sofa, "I'm a cut off from the family now." Bobby sat and took in her words before grinning. Minzy didn't know why he was grinning when she didn't say anything funny. "What? That is nothing to smile about." 

He sighed as he sat next to her. Taking her hand in his, his grin spread into a smile. "Minzy that's what your parents said the last time. You know they're only saying those things because they are hurting because you are their only child that they can't control. I'm proud of you." 

She bit the corner of her lip as she thought back to the first time she had left home. She didn't know how she was going to make it on her own, but at that time and even now it was Bobby's words that brought courage to her heart. Squeezing his hand, she was eternally grateful for him. "Thank you. I wouldn't be here without you." Moving towards him, she pulled him into a hug. 

Bobby sighed with a heavy heart as he held the woman who had been preoccupying his mind constantly as of late. "You're right, you'd be home with me carrying my baby." 

Minzy laughed as she shook her head and pulled away, "Maybe either way thank you." 

He sat looking at her, like really looking at her. She had a heavenly glow about her, "You're so beautiful. Pregnancy looks good on you." 

She laughed at his compliment, "Thank you, it looks good but believe me it does not feel good at times." 

Her laughter was like music to his ears. It pained him to feel that this was the most at ease he had felt since their last hard conversation. Torn at thinking back to how she had told him that things were over, his heart and the way his body relaxed around her showed that he was not. "Minzy...is the father of the baby in the picture?" She nodded with a sad smile. "...and are you two...together? I mean outside of his responsibilities to the baby, is he taking care of you?"

"He says he wants to and I want to believe him but the current circumstances we're under lead me to doubt it," she frowned. "I found out that he is engaged to another woman and apparently is still with her. My parents showed me just how entangled his parents as well as the other woman's parents are in their engagement..." she stopped in the middle of her rant and watched as he looked at her curiously. "Sorry is this weird to hear?"

"No," he smiled. "Continue," he encouraged her by gently taking her hand in his.

"Well...finding this out I'm just not sure I can be with him. Not now anyway," she sighed. Glancing at the window as she saw someone approaching, she felt her chest tighten as Mino walked in to see her sitting with Bobby. 

"What's going on here," Mino asked as he looked to see the pair holding hands. 

Bobby looked to see his boss standing before them. He was a little confused by his sudden appearance, but then it all made sense. Minzy had ran away when he was trying to lead the meeting to announce the boss. She had quit that day and refused to consider any sponsorship from the company. It was never because of him, it was because of his boss. The anger that boiled in his blood started to rise as he stood on his feet, he had wondered why his boss had started to ask for love advice and now knew why. "What does it look like is going on here," Bobby challenged him as he looked at his now ex-boss with disgust. "I've looked past all the you've done and continue to do, but I'm not looking past this. I will not let you ruin her like everything else you touch!" 

Mino was a little shocked by Bobby's out burst of anger towards him. He had never seen such negative feelings coming from him. But he couldn't let Bobby see just how much his words affected him, especially with Minzy sitting right there. "Isn't it a little too late to grow some balls? She's with me and holding our child, so there's no need for the theatrics." 

"Are you sure you're together? Word has it that you're already engaged to someone else," Bobby fired right back.

"Enough," Minzy snapped at the two. "Both of you get out! You're giving me a headache." 

"Minzy please let me explain," Mino turned begging for her understanding. 

Forcing herself up on her aching feet, she glared at him, "Explain what? How you've been trying to hold onto two realities? No, get out right now. I don't want you to try and convince me to love you when you're trying to love someone else as well." She hissed as she felt a sharp pain in her stomach. Stopping what she was saying, she hissed as she felt another sharp pain. Glancing at Bobby with panic in her eyes, he was quickly by her side. "Take me to the hospital please," she breathed as she leaned into him as another sharp pain hit her. 

"Let me take you," Mino tried to move towards them. 

"I don't have time for your right now Mino. Get out of the way," she groaned as Bobby led her out of the studio. She didn't know why she was feeling so worried as Bobby helped her into the car and drove off. Pulling out her phone she called Chaerin with tears in her eyes, "Chaerin.." 

"What's wrong Minzy," Chaerin asked hearing the worry in her tone.

"Something is wrong with baby," Minzy cried as she bit the corner of her lip. "I'm going to the hospital right now." 

 

Minzy lay in the hospital bed staring up at the ceiling. After being assessed by a couple of nurses, she was finally left alone with Bobby who sat next to her. "You can go Bobby. I should be okay now that I'm here," she breathed as she closed her eyes. 

"No I'll wait," he grinned. He had heard her talking to her friend Chaerin and was grateful that there was someone else she had in her corner. At the thought of that friend, he nodded and stood as Chaerin walked in. 

Chaerin gave him a small smile as she walked over to take hold of her friend's hand, "Hey baby girl. I'm here." 

"Alright I guess that's my cue. I'll call you later to see how you're doing," Bobby grinned before taking his leave. 

When Bobby had left the pair to their own devices, Minzy opened her eyes and gazed at the direction in which he had left, "He's a good man. Is it horrible of me to think how my life would've been so much easier if this baby was his?" Chaerin stood quietly awaiting her explanation. "Did you know? Did you know that he was engaged and as we speak Mino's engagement is still intact?" 

Chaerin couldn't lie, she had known that he was engaged but she had thought he had figured it all out. "I did know, but...are you sure it's intact?"

"Chaerin...please tell me what else I should know about him. I don't want anymore surprises. I can't take anymore coming from others," Minzy said as she looked to her friend in desperation. 

"Minzy...I can only tell you what I know and even so it's not my place to tell you. It's his," Chaerin confessed. "Mino should be the one to tell you the answers you seek." 

"Then you can tell him to come and see me. And you can leave," Minzy said feeling fed up. Turning away from her friend, she bit her tongue not wanting to say anything that could hurt the only friendship she currently could understand. 

Chaerin was more than understanding as she quietly left to do what was asked of her. Shaking her head at the man who waited down the hall. She honestly couldn't understand him, "Mino you dip what are you doing?" 

"I don't expect you to understand..."

"And how do you expect her to understand," Chaerin snapped. She let out a heavy sigh as she wished him luck on trying to get Minzy to understand. 

Lightly knocking on the door, Mino let himself in to see Minzy her side. It looked like she was staring out the window as he cautiously walked in, "Minzy..."

"Say what you need to then leave," she cut him off. 

He pressed his lips tightly together as he tried to think it all through, "Yes I'm engaged. I was engaged when I met you and I am still engaged as I stand here talking to you. But that is only part of the story..." He paused as he yearned to see her face and her reaction to his words. But doing so he feared she would push him away before he said it all. "It's strictly a business proposition. We've agreed to be married on paper but still live our lives out however we see fit. Both of our families have forced our hands to follow through with this...if I don't I will lose everything I have. Everything I've built will be taken and I will not anything to my name to provide for you and the baby. And Dara will be disowned and lose everything. I can't let her lose her way of life because of my own mistakes." 

Minzy lay soaking up his words until she softly mumbled, "Okay...you can leave." 

Mino thought he would feel better about telling her his complicated situation. But instead he was even more confused by it all, "Can't I just stay?" 

"No, now please leave," she sighed as she closed her eyes keeping the tears from falling. 

 

Minzy was grateful that it was a false alarm. The doctor had encouraged her to not stress out so much and to take it easy at least until the baby comes. Thanking the doctor, she made her way out of the hospital and found herself at the bus stop. Taking the bus, she was able to gather her thoughts as she made her way back to the studio to see her class in progress. Chaerin came rushing out to her side with a frown. "Why didn't you call me to come and get you?" 

She shrugged as she walked into the studio and grabbed a chair to sit in front of her little dancers that Lisa was so diligently teaching. Smiling at Lisa who came to stand by her, she watched as all the kids danced their hearts out. She was glad she could be absorbed in giving feedback to all her students. At the end of practice, Minzy shared with Lisa that she was going to be gone for a week and needed her to hold down the fort to which Lisa gladly agreed. Over hearing the conversation, Chaerin asked Minzy was going on. "I need to make some plans for the baby and I," she simply said as she rose to her feet asking Chaerin to lock up when she left. 

"What plans are you talking about," Chaerin called after her. 

"I'll let you know when I've figured it all out," Minzy gave her a small smile before turning to retreat into her apartment.