p4-6

The Odds of Us

Minzy sighed as she lay in the tub, the hot waters soothed her aching body that was still trying to recover. Vampires recovered much quicker, but the strain was not only on her body it was on her mind and heart. After speaking with the king the other day she found it hard to relax. She was so tense about how things became this way. She thought about how initially this was all but one last mission. One mission that was supposed to be like any other mission that she could focus on and by the end of it move on. But time and time again this mission seemed to become more complicated.

Minzy felt guilty for putting the blame on an unconscious man, but Mino was the cause of it all. If not for him running away in the first place she would not have to do such a mission. If not for Mino threatening to leave when she did, she wouldn't feel obligated to stay in the kingdom and be a part of a pointless society called the king's court. But mostly, if not for Mino she wouldn't have been so in touch with her humanly emotions as well as finding herself reflecting on memories of her past. Now with the king passively asking her to stay and rule along side with Mino she thought of Jiyong's words of never being able to leave the kingdom. Sliding further into the water, she let her head dunk underneath as she lay flat onto the bottom of the tub. She wished that she could just drown it all out, but she knew better as she closed her eyes and listened to the quiet surroundings of water all around her. 

Overwhelmed with her conflicting thoughts, she sighed heavily at the thought of possibly seeing the king one last time. She knew he would make her promise to fulfill his last request and she was not so sure she was ready to accept it. Declining the seamstress and defaulting for a pair of sweats, she hoped that Bom would not give her a hard time about it. And surprisingly the seamstress did not deny her request due to the extra work load of preparing other members of the king's court. Gladly accepting the sweats from the servants, she flung on the sweats and asked the servant to please bring her two bottles of animal blood. Gratefully accepting the bottles, she was left alone to her own devices as she carried the bottles to her bed. Crawling up onto the large bed, she leaned up against the wall and grinned as she popped the first bottle and drank from it. Gazing over to the second her thoughts led back to Mino. Had he woken up yet? Was he well? What was he dreaming about to have him unconscious for so long? Sighing as she thought about Mino, she groaned as she hated just how outside of thinking of the king's request, she found her thoughts somehow always led to him. Taking a swig from the bottle, she frowned at her thoughts and fell flat on her back feeling hopeless.

Hearing a knock at the door, she was up on her feet as one of the servants appeared with a smile as he bowed, "My lady, your presence is requested." 

Minzy gazed down at her attire and sheepishly grinned, "Well, is it urgent? I do not have the appropriate attire to be out in society, unless you have an extra robe on hand." The servant appeared to weigh his options before he left and returned with what she had requested. "Awesome," she nodded as she tossed it over herself. She felt relieved to be in her old attire as she followed the servant out. Draping the hood so that it swallowed her entire head, she knew the seamstress would give her hell if she found out that she was being so improper out in the public eye. Knowing that the king would probably want an answer by now, she felt herself almost dragging her feet. Sinking her teeth down on her bottom lip, she was surprised when the servant had turned to Mino's room instead of the king's. She didn't have enough time to process what was happening as the servant knocked before opening the door for her to enter. She felt her chest tighten as she clenched her fists and forced herself to walk in. 

Lady Chaerin was up on her feet, glaring at the intruder, "What is a subject the likes of you doing here?!" Minzy didn't acknowledge lady Chaerin as she walked over towards Mino's bed side. He appeared to be asleep. Unsure if he had really called for her, she reached out to take his hand in hers. His hand was warm as she let the pad of her thumb rub soothing circles onto the back of his hand. Touching his hand made all her worries and doubts fade as she stared down at him. "Get your hands off of him," lady Chaerin growled as she reached for the robe to smack her hand away. 

But Minzy was quicker as she turned to take the woman's wrist and bend it the opposite way. Spinning the woman around and down onto her knees, she hissed as the woman howled at her wrist being bent in a painful direction. "Lady Chaerin you are really testing my patience. If you don't want your wrist broken then I suggest that you stop acting like a posessive !" 

"Lady Minzy," lady Chaerin gasped as she looked up to see the face that was glaring down at her through the hood. 

Sighing Minzy released her grasp as she removed the hood to show herself, "Maybe you should go feed and get cleaned up, you look like a complete mess." 

Lady Chaerin gasped in horror, "I do?!" Nodding, Minzy was grateful that lady Chaerin didn't think twice as she took her leave. 

"I thought she'd never leave," Mino mumbled, calling her attention. Gazing back, she was met by a small grin as Mino's eyes started to slowly flutter open. 

"Oh she'll be back, she just needed to go and freshen up," Minzy shook her head in amazement. Seeing those honey gold eyes glowing up at her made her grateful to see them again. 

"And you? Did you have a chance to freshen up," Mino asked. 

She shrugged as she nodded, "This is the most comfortable I've felt in a while." 

"I'm glad to hear," Mino groaned as he tried to sit up.

Moving to his bed side again, she watched as he struggled to move to sit up. Holding her hand out to him to stop struggling, she grinned, "You don't need to get up. What is it that you need?" 

"The king is moving my coronation to sooner than later," he frowned. 

"How much sooner," she asked. 

Mino sadly looked into her eyes as he found it hard for him to say, "Tomorrow night." 

"Tomorrow night," she gasped shocked that it was moved up so soon. She also grew curious if the king also shared with him his dying wish. 

He nodded as he continued, "After my coronation the king wants to perform the honorable release ceremony."

Minzy paled at his revelation. The honorable release ceremony was one of the oldest rituals that she herself considered doing one point in her life. It was basically a preplanned death ceremony where vampires chose to burn their bodies to ash and release their spirits to the other side. It was unheard of  to have someone actually following through with such a ceremony seeing as many vampires either valued their current life styles or were killed off by other means. "Why would he do this to you?" She also felt like the king was forcing her hand as well as she thought of how the king was being so cruel to do this to her too.  

"It has always been apart of my brother's plan. Once he achieved all that he thought he could, he told me that everything would become mine and he would seek out other adventures in the next life," Mino said as he thought back to many conversations and sometimes arguements him and his brother had. "It was one of my main reasons of not returning home. I did not want to accept my brother's plan. I was selfish in wanting him to live longer." 

"I..." The feelings of guilt filled her mind, hearing how she was the cause of not one but now two brothers being taken from Mino. Mino who had done nothing but shown her kindness and had her feeling almost like a human again, something she had thought was lost to her long ago. Though she had so many bad things to say about him earlier, they were all trivial excuses of making herself try to dislike him. "I'm so sorry Mino, I didn't know..." 

He reached out to her, which she in turn took his hand and he gave her a small smile, "This isn't your fault, if anything I'm so grateful you're here to help me through this." 

"I'll be here, every step of the way," she found herself promising him. Inwardly groaning at her stupid motor mouth, she hated how she was quick to say things without thinking when it came to him. Sighing, she figured it was the least she could do for all the grief that he was going through and about to experience. 

"I'd like that," Mino's smile spread wider, comforted by her overwhelming support. 

 

Minzy had requested books on the coronation and release ceremony so that she could better prepare for what was to come. When the servants took their leave, she turned to see Mino smiling at her, "What?"

He shook his head and continue to hold that bright smile, "You're pretty amazing you know that?" 

"So amazing that I caused both of your brothers to choose death rather than be by your side? You're going to be taking on the world alone," she sadly replied hating how lonliness had plagued her throughout her life for so long that it had become an unfortunate companion. 

"But I'm not alone, I have you here every step of the way," he reminded her of her words earlier. 

Rolling her eyes, she knew very well what she had promised, hence her asking for books on how to best help him. "Did the king mention anything about me talking with him while you were unconscious?" 

Mino thought about his conversation with his brother and shrugged, "He mentioned that he was grateful for your companionship during his recovery time. He expressed that he was planning on honoring you tonight at the king's court." Minzy was relieved that she made the right decision to not go to the king's court. She already had enough on her plate and getting more individual attention would only add to the stress. "Is there something else he should of also mentioned," Mino asked noticing that she seemed to be fishing for a specific answer.

She grinned as she shook her head, "No." She felt it best to wait until after the ceremonies to tell Mino about the king's request. She excused her overwhelming thoughts to tell him.  "When the books get here..."

A knock came at the door and Minzy was fairly impressed at how fast the servants were, but that thought came to an end as lady Chaerin appeared through the door. "Mino you're awake," lady Chaerin gasped in awe as she rushed to his bed side. 

Annoyed by her dramatic entrance, Minzy thought of how best to take her exit. Placing her hand onto the bed rail, she was ready to excuse herself when Mino placed his hand upon hers, "Lady Chaerin, lady Minzy and I are discussing very important matters. I will visit you along with the rest of the high society when I get the strength to do so later on today." 

Lady Chaerin stared hard at Mino's hand over lady Minzy's before staring intensly at lady Minzy, "Are you sure there isn't anything I can do to help?" 

"Lady Minzy's presence is all I require at the moment, but thank you for checking in on me," he calmly spoke. Lady Chaerin pressed her lips tightly together as the flames in her eyes burned, while Minzy sat staring over at the woman awaiting her exit. Suddenly lady Chaerin was lunging over the bed and reaching her manicured fingers up towards lady Minzy's neck. In a split second, lady Chaerin was shoved into the wall by a tremendous force. Mino's eyes were pitch black as the veins bubbled black, "Don't you dare put your hands on her," he roared as he gripped her neck tightly. Her feet were dangling in mid air as she gasped for air. 

"Mino release her," Minzy said firmly. 

"She tried to hurt you," Mino growled as he lifted lady Chaerin higher and digging his nails further into her neck. As nice as it would be to have lady Chaerin dead and gone, she knew this wasn't the best way. Sighing she walked up to the two and gently wrapped her arms around his waist. It was the only thing she could think of to help better the situation. Pressing her body against his, she held him hoping he would calm down. Hearing lady Chaerin's body drop, she stayed snuggled up against him like a pillow. Seeing how lady Chaerin coughed and crawl away in a panic, she gave her a stern look to leave and lady Chaerin didn't think twice before she was out the door. Feeling how Mino turned in her grasp, she gazed up to see how his eyes still burned like black holes. Cupping his face in her hands, she let the pads of her thumbs trace the black pumping veins. 

"I'm fine, you're fine. We're both fine," she cooed as she watched his eyes fade slowly back to the honey gold brown. There a brief look of sadness that crossed his eyes before he slumped forward. All the energy he exerted had him feeling completely drained. Stumbling back, she huffed as she moved to get him back into bed. Helping him get adjusted, she let out a deep sigh of relief as she tucked him in. Shaking her head, she subconsciously brushed the back of her hand against his jawline. Surprised as his hand took hold of her wrist, she watched as he nuzzled his face into the palm of her hand. Feeling his breath tingle against the palm of her hand, he whispered to her not to leave him. "I promise I won't leave," she softly said not knowing how she kept digging herself in a deeper hole. 

 

Minzy had long forgotten her robes as she lay in her sweats next to Mino. He seemed to be some kind of stubborn sleeper, not releasing his grasp of her. Hearing his begging and whining that occured when she tried to move away was quite annoying when she wanted to study the books brought to her. So to appease the annoying person resting, she laid in bed next to him. Letting him spoon her from behind, she read through the books brought to them. When she had finished the second book, she snapped it close before turning in Mino's arms to see him smiling at her. Rolling her eyes, she wondered why he looked like he had been awake for some time. "When did you wake up?" 

"Just barely," he tried to fake innocence as he kept his arms wrapped tightly around her waist. 

"Good, that means you can help me read the other books," she yon as she broke free from his grasp. 

"But I would rather be reading you," he pouted as he tried to reach for her again to have his hands smacked away. 

"Mino stop being so whinny and help me read some of these books," she hissed as she reached for a book and shoved it towards him while she picked up another. 

Mino continue to pout before he let out an exaggerated sigh, "Fine!" Smiling to herself, she opened the book she had grabbed and began to read to try and set a good example. 

 

Minzy was confused as she looked around at the familiar farm. Hearing the birds chirping and the cows mooing she was unsure what was happening as she walked towards the humble cottage. Her heart was full as she saw children racing by squealing, her mother joking with other women and her father sitting by the fireplace after a long days work. "Minzy dear is that you," her father called from his seat. Making her way to her father's side, she knelt down and smiled seeing him holding a book in hand. "I've been waiting for you," her father said with a bright smile. 

The tears were welling in her eyes as she nodded, "I've been waiting to see you as well."

"But it is not your time yet baby girl. You still have so much to do before you come back to us," her father grinned giving her a knowing look reminding her that they had already talked about it. 

Shaking her head, the tears fell as she placed her hand upon her father's, "What more is there? I want to come home." 

"You have home with you. In here," taking her hand with his to point to her chest. "And in here," leading their hand up to her head.

"We've always been there with you baby," her mother smiled as she came to stand by her father. 

"But I want to be with you guys now," she hoped they would understand as she began to cry. 

Sighing, her father took her hands in his as the rest of the family gathered all around her. "Don't be afraid to let him be with you as well honey. It's okay to let him into your heart and mind like we are." 

She cried harder as she leaned against her father for support, "I don't understand. I love you guys." 

"Loving someone else does not mean you love us any less." Her mother crouched down and brushed her hair to the side as she rubbed her back, "Stop punishing yourself, you deserve to be happy." 

"I want to be happy..." 

"Then let it happen," her father cooed as she closed her eyes and sobbed. 

 

Opening her eyes, her vision was blurred by the tears that fell effortlessly. She was in a daze as she tried to take in her surroundings. "Minzy, Minzy you're okay," Mino called her attention. Cupping her face, he kept a firm grip on her as her glazed eyes started to realize where she was. "Minzy you just had a bad dream," he softly spoke as he wiped at her stray tears. Nodding she buried her face into his chest and cried as she reflected on her dream of seeing the people she had so desperately missed. It was Mino's strong hold on her that kept her from completely falling apart as he held her with no questions asked. Feeling so vulnerable, she was reassured it was fine as he kissed the top of her head. His notion sent a tingling straight down her spine, making her cling to him shamelessly. Gratefully he made no efforts to push her away and let her cling away as he continue to hold her in his arms. 

When she had settled down, she reluctently released her grasp from him, "Thanks." 

He tore his gaze from the book he was reading and gave her a small smile, "Thanks to you I was able to be a well versed man in the coronation and release ceremonies." 

"Have you now," she sniffled as she tried to crack a smile and failed miserably. 

He nodded as he closed the book, "Yup, I think I'm ready for tomorrow." 

"I'm glad to hear," she sighed as she turned away. Since her dream she didn't know what to think, she had literally melted against him ever since waking up. Now that she was no longer in his grasp the uncertainty of Mino invaded her mind. Maybe it was the uncertainty in herself, but she was up and moving out of the bed before he could touch her again. "I better get going, you must be tired from all this studying." 

"You don't have to leave," Mino tried to say seeing how she stiffened when he spoke. 

Shaking her head, it took everything in herself to force herself to disagree, "I have to. Good night Mino." Quickly taking her leave, she let out a heavy sigh when she had exited his room. Forgetting her robes, she folded her arms over her chest as she walked out in her sweats. She would rather deal with the wrath of the seamstress than to face the complexity of her feelings for Mino. Stopping herself in her tracks she couldn't believe that her mind even considered having feelings for Mino. Too overwhelmed by her thoughts, she did not realize she had been ignoring the young woman who was ranting and raving like a mad woman before her. "Lady Chaerin," she questioned herself when lady Chaerin stood squared off with her. 

"Who else you crazy ," lady Chaerin hissed. 

Minzy sighed as she noticed this nusiance of a woman was causing way too much attention for her liking, "What is it that you want?" 

"I want you gone! You've turned our future king against me and I won't have it," she snapped. "Who do you think you are?!" Scoffing as she looked Minzy up and down she couldn't believe the pitiful sight before her, "Do you honestly think you could ever be queen? You're not queen material. I am." 

"And what makes you queen material? The fancy clothes you wear? The title that you hold? No, all of that was given to you. You didn't earn it. Whatever material you think you're made of someone else granted that material to you." Minzy gave her a look of disgust right back, "You're far from queen material and if you were I'd be damned if I ever served you." Turning to take her leave, she was grabbed by the back of her shirt. Frustrated beyond measure, she gripped onto the woman's arm and flipped her over her shoulder. Letting the shocked woman fly flat onto her back, she manuvered over lady Chaerin and snapped her wrist. Hearing the loud pop, Minzy released her grasp, leaving a little satisfied by the scream of bloody murder that lady Chaerin let out. 

 

Minzy was restless as she tossed and turned in her bed. Frustrated that she could not sleep, she her lights and requested writing materials. Finding herself at the desk, she thanked the servant that brought her requested items and stared at the blank paper. She wished that she was as blank and clear as the paper as she let her hand ghost across it before reaching for her pen and dipping it in ink. Sighing she started to write her mission from the beginning. The idea of being a free woman was her goal when she accepted her current mission. It was what drove her to obsessive study up on Mino and his behaviors to hopefully get a clue to where he could be. After months of back breaking work, she was almost lost complete hope when she had stumbled into the bar where she had first met him and his trusted friend who lacked any skills with interacting with women. She scolded herself for thinking that finding him was half the battle, when in fact it was the beginning. He turned her world upside down and causing her to forget her years of training of restraint as she had found herself time and time again mingling her personal life with the mission. Never had she met anyone who had pushed her past her limits, that had her experiencing human actions and behaviors. She wrote of how if she had to say one thing for sure, that he brought out her human side which she loved and hated all at once. Trying not to put in too many details, she went on to write about how their journey together continued here back at the castle. Finding herself in a new standing at the castle, but seeking refuge in her moments together with Mino when throughout the journey all she thought about was getting away from him. As comical as it sounded, it was when she had almost lost him in the fire followed by the dreams of her passed loved ones that took the cake. It was then that she realized that this mission was becoming more than a mission to her, it was becoming her life. What had started out as a simple mission, now was something that she could no longer grasp or take control of and that was scary. Sighing as she shook her head in shame, she was startled as a knock came at the door as the seamstress smiled and walked in with her team.

Biting her lower lip, she huffed out of frustration as Bom looked at her knowingly, "You got out of it yesterday don't even think about getting out of it today." 

 

Minzy thanked the team as they all finished their work. Bowing deeply, she did not care that the seamstress was staring hard at her, "You're a difficult woman lady Minzy." 

"Aren't we all," Minzy smiled as she bowed to the seamstress. Staring down at her cherry blossom dress that hugged all the right curves and had a small train that swept on the ground, Minzy felt like a she was a freshly plucked cherry blossom from the tree near the castle. When Minzy was left alone, she was quickly at her desk again as she began to continue to write where she had left off. Letting the words fall so effortlessly on the paper, she found herself writing about how she worried for Mino when he had fallen unconscious for a while and in that time the king had requested that she become queen. She did not want to be queen for sure, but more so she did not want the king to force herself upon Mino. The king was forcing him to become king and then send him off, she was not going to force Mino to deal with more than he bargained with. But then the dreams of seeing her father twice and her mother were evidence that whatever was happening between her and Mino was something very serious to cause such a reaction. At least in her mind, she paused as she also wrote of the fears that maybe whatever strong feelings she had was one sided. Hearing the knock at the door, she felt her hollowed heart skip a beat as she stood to her feet and saw a servant ready to her to the king's court. 

Entering the hall to see the king's court set up was different with an aisle and chairs set up in rows facing the throne. Trying to take a seat in the very back, the servant shook his head and had her follow him up to the very front aisle seat. "This is too close..." 

"The king requested you sit here because he didn't get to properly honor you last night," the servant said before he turned to help others to what seemed like assigned seating. 

Sighing, Minzy sat in her chair and placed her hands in her lap. Keeping her gaze down, she heard the clanking of heels, "." Gazing over to lady Chaerin who sank in her seat across from Minzy. Staring over at the woman, Minzy felt a little bad for the woman who appeared to stiffly keep her gaze forward. 

She honestly felt sorry for losing her patience with her, but in the same she was grateful that it stopped all superficial conversations between them. Hearing the music being played by the orchestra, the announcer asked for everyone to rise on their feet to which Minzy along with everyone else did so. Bowing her head respectfully as the king entered, she looked up as the king asked her to step forward. Confused, Minzy moved forward and took the king's hand as he had her stand by his side. The king gestured for her to look out into the crowd and she did. Seeing the seas of people that had filled the seats and stood as far as her eyes could see, she gawked in disbelief. There were so many people there and she did not realize it until now. "My good people of this kingdom, it is because of this woman that we are all assembled here today. It is thanks to her that both of my brothers had returned home and that I can finally say that I have fulfilled my purpose in life." Extending his hand out to her, he gave her hand a comforting squeeze as he lifted her hand in the air and everyone cheered causing a defening roar that made her hollowed body come alive as she gratefully nodded and smiled. "She is my honored guest tonight and will assist me in the coronation ceremony," the king said as he lowered their hands and extened his hand out in the middle of the aisles and everyone turned and bowed on one knee to reveal Mino who stood robed in his coronation attire. He looked stunning as his gaze fell upon Minzy and grinned. Minzy wanting to follow suit, attempted to bow but the king held his hand for her to stay standing. Without a word, she watched as Mino walked with so much confidence she could see it now. He had a walk of a king as he came to a stop and knelt on one knee and bowed his head in deep respect. 

"It is my honor and duty to be called here my king," Mino said. 

A servant was at Minzy's side as he brought the royal sword of the king and nodded for her to take it. Understanding, she carefully lifted the sword and handed it to the king who accepted and stepped forward as he swung the mighty sword from side to side before placing the point on the ground and letting his hands rest on the handle, "I king Seunghyun have sought far and wide for a worthy man to take my place upon my throne and find you Mino worthy of such a task. What say you?"

Keeping his head humbly bowed before the king he nodded, "I Mino am nothing compared to thy magnificant self my king. But if thy will is to have me succeed in thy place I shall give all of me to do so." 

"If there be any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace," the king spoke loudly as everyone kept quiet and their heads bowed. "Then," the king began as he lifted the sword and tapped the blade on either sides of Mino's shoulders, "I thee Seunghyun king of this great kingdom, dub thee Mino my successor and king." Flipping the handle towards Mino, Seunghyun fell upon one knee and bowed his head. 

Mino gazed forward and took the handle and rose to his feet, swinging the sword from side to side to get a better feel of it. He turned and raised the sword in the air, "Rise my kingdom, for today is a new reign." Everyone cheered loudly as well as Minzy as they applauded the new king Mino. 

 

Minzy was grateful that everyone was too distracted with celebrating the new king, to notice that Minzy had slipped away with her two bottles of animal blood. Making her way into her room, she let out a relieved sigh as she made her way to the desk. Dipping her pen in her ink, she shook her head at how there was so much for her to write. Writing out how she felt proud of Mino becoming the new king, she heard a knock at the door and a servant appeared to let her know it was time for the king's release ceremony. Frowning, she declined knowing she couldn't watch. She couldn't watch the king so willingly leave Mino. Writing out how she had finally seen Mino through it all, she asked for a candle and matches. Sighing as she released the servants at her quarters of their service to attend the king's release ceremony, she looked at the stack of papers she had literally taken a day to write that would have probably taken a normal human weeks or even months. Flicking the match to life, she lit the candle and let the flame burn. Drinking straight from her wine bottle, she took a couple of papers and let them brush along the fire. Seeing how the flames caught hold of the papers, she continue to feed the paper to the flames until there was nothing more to give. Staring down at the now empty desk she hated how she felt like there was more, like she had more to write but she didn't know what. Tapping her fingers against the desk, she shook her head not knowing what it could possibly be as she blew out the candle. 

 

Hugging her bottle close to herself, she tried to calm her hollowed heart that kept pounding so loudly she couldn't hear anything else as she slipped down an empty hall. Escaping in her sweats, she wished she still had a robe to help disguise her. Taking extra precautions, she stayed close to the walls and tip toed to make as little noise as possible. Moving down the halls sucessfully, she was able to make it out of the storage area unseen and onto the docks.

Seeing the boat man, she let out a sigh of relief as she walked towards him with nothing but the bottle in her hand. Pushing aside the impeding thoughts to turn back, she picked up her pace. Dashing forwad in a dead sprint, it was like her life had depened on it. Slowing down as she neared the edge of the dock, she watched as the boat man stepped onto the small boat and gazed up at her expectedly. Pausing for a split moment allowed all the doubting thoughts to invade her mind. She was confused, upset, sad, furious, all these feelings seemed to cloud her judgement and kept her feet planted in place. Inwardly groaning, she pouted as she turned back. Dragging her feet past the storage areas, she walked up the winding roads. Making her way up towards the remains of the castle, she exhaled deeply as she walked towards the gardens. Quietly walking in her thoughts, she placed her wine bottle onto the cement bench that sat by blossom tree looking towards the pond filled with coy fish. Grinning down at the coy fish that seemed oblivious to the destruction that had taken place, she wished she could still be that oblivious to her situation. 

"You almost had me worried for a moment," Mino spoke up as he walked into view. 

She grinned seeing him up and about, "Why would you worry about me sitting here?" 

"I thought you were going to get on that boat and leave me for good," Mino revealed as his eyes flickered with sadness. "As amusing as it was to watch you be stealthy on the cameras, I had to see for myself if you were going to leave." 

She sighed, knowing it was too good to be true that everyone seemed to not be down any hallway she had went down, "You saw that too?" 

He nodded as he continued, "If you would have left, I would have let you. I hope you know you are free woman. You are free to leave whenever you please. As king I free you from any ties or obligations you have towards me or the kingdom."

"I was not there for you when you needed me," she hung her head low with shame and guilt. 

Moving towards her, he tilted her head to look up at him, "It was probably for the better. I needed to complete the release ceremony on my own to fully appreciate the meaning of it." 

The warmth of his hand on her cool face was very soothing as she kept her gaze locked on his, "So I'm free?" 

He nodded as he withdrew his hand from her, "Your freedom is yours." Taking the wine bottle in his hand, he sat down next to her and sadly smiled, "Can I ask you something?" She nodded for him to continue. "What did my brother Seunghyun ask you when I was still unconscious?" 

Minzy pressed her lips tightly together as she wondered how he would take the news, "He asked me to...be queen and rule by your side." She felt a little embarassed as she was quick to cover her tracks, "But like it wasn't a command or anything. It was more of a wish."

"And what is your wish as a free woman," Mino asked as he placed his hand upon hers.  

The comforting warmth of his hand made her eyes water as she moved to stand on her feet. Scoffing in disbelief as the hot tears fell from her eyes she shook her head, "No, I can't believe this." 

"What's wrong," Mino frowned as he watched her pace back and forth. 

"You," she turned glaring at him with accusing eyes. "You grant me my freedom when you know damn well I don't have it." 

He was confused by her sudden anger, "Minzy..." 

The way her name fell from his lips had her falling to her knees before him sobbing, "I can't believe you're doing this to me." 

Mino gently moved to the ground next to her as he used his hands to brush away her tears, "What am I doing?" 

"What about lady Chaerin? She'll be fit to be queen," she was crying hysterically. 

"She's not my forever and a day," Mino softly spoke he cupped her small face in his hands and let the pads of his thumbs wipe away her tears. This action caused her to gaze into his honey brown eyes that she could no longer deny. "Minzy as a free woman, I want you to know that from the beginning I knew..." reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a small gold band and sheepishly smiled. "I knew I wanted you to be my forever and a day. So if you'll have me, I want you to be more than queen but mine." The tears continue to fall as his words brought a comfort and ease she had long forgotten and had recently felt when seeing her family. Shaking her head, she leaned forward and crushed her lips to his. The sparks that ran through her body only made her kiss him harder as he pulled away. "Is that a yes," he breathed as he looked at her seriously. 

The doubt that flickered in his eyes had her burst into laughter as took him by the collar and stared into his eyes, "What do you think?" Taking those lips that she was becoming addicted to, she smiled in between their kisses as he placed the ring on her finger that fit perfectly. 

"I love you," Mino breathed against her lips as he continue to work his lips against hers. 

Letting the tip of her tongue trace his tasty lips, she nibbled on his lower lip and giggled, "Forever and a day." 

 

Author's Notes:

Alright ya'll sorry, I hella just last minute decided to change up this chapter before I was going to post it. So indecisive...story of my life haha. Hope you guys enjoyed this set. Let me know what you guys thought about it, if you want. No pressure. I've started a few ideas for the next set but haven't got too far in them so it's gonna be a minute. Thanks for reading as well as your patience. Until the next one...