P4-1

The Odds of Us

Minzy did one last glance in the mirror, wiping the smear of lip stick from the corner of she moved to take the stage. Quickly blinded by the bright light, she did her best not to squint as she walked out in her seductive leather bikini outfit and black high heels. The lights made the baby oil on her skin shimmer like a dream to the roaring crowd of men that anticipated her every move. Taking step by step to every beat of the music blasting through the music, she grinned devilishly as she eyed the silver pole that stood front and center stage. Reaching the cool metal, she effortlessly and so elegantly climbed the pole as she started to twirl around. Dollar bills were tossed upon the stage as she intertwined her leg and fanned her upper body back. Round and round she went on the pole, letting the her fingers graze along her toned torso. Sliding so that her palms were on the ground, she released her legs from the pole and ever so slowly spread her legs to expose herself further before dropping into the splits as she wiggled her and stood on her feet. Leaning back on the pole, she eyed the crowd. Catching one man's attention, she winked at him as she swayed her hips seductively and took to the pole once more. 

 

Grinning at the fact that she was personally requested for a private dance, she made her way to the VIP room to see the man she had eyed from earlier with two men flanking his sides. Raising an eyebrow at the two body guards she shook her head in disapproval, "I'm sorry boys this is a one on one session." Watching as the two guards mumbled over to their boss, the boss smirked as he raised his hand to quiet them. One in particular gave her a hard stare, unsure if he could fully trust their boss to be left alone. Nodding for them to take their leave, the one guard kept his eyes on her as he followed the other out the door. Smirking to herself, she locked the door behind her. Playing the music nice and soft, she lowered the lights letting a low spot light fall upon the lust filled man. Getting into the mood, she swayed her hips from side to side as she moved closer to him. "So tell me, what's your fantasy," she whispered against his ear. Letting her hands run down his chest she ripped open his button down shirt to reveal his metal necklace that looked like a family crest of some sort. Bending down, she took the crest between her teeth and sat back up. "This would look good on me don't you think," she wiggled her eyebrows at him before taking the necklace off of and placing it around her neck. "You know what else would look good on me," she asked as she took his hands and placed them onto her hips. Grinning, she straddled his lap as he assumed his position to guide her onto him. Pressing her body against him, she leaned in to nuzzled her face into the crook of his neck. Grinding down on his lower region she let her lips ghost on his pulse. The way his voice hitched as she let her tongue flicker out made her chuckle darkly. Moving back to press her lips against his ear, she could feel him trembling with excitement. "Next time, trust your body guards." Her teeth became elongated like fangs before she whispered to him not to scream. Her words had him paralyzed as she sunk her teeth right into his pulse. Letting his freshly spilt blood fill , she drank from him. Groaning with deep pleasure, she drank until he no longer had a pulse. Retracting her teeth from him, she his remnants from her lips before she took her leave in the escape door. Racing out through the alley way, she stumbled into the wall and looked back in a panic hearing the guards calling out for them to open the door. Pulling off the annoying heels, she ran bare foot. As planned, the car pulled up and she hopped in the back. "It's done," she breathed with a nod as the car sped off. 

 

Minzy bowed her head with the cloak covering her face. Falling in line with her fellow brothers and sisters of the cloaks, she took her place at the feet of the king. Sitting in submission to their great leader, she stayed quiet as he took credit for her months hard work. Holding up the necklace as proof, he revealed that the kingdom would be safer from one of their rivals who had plagued their coven for far too long. Pressing her lips tightly together she recalled her conversation with the king before she had accepted this mission. She was told to kill the boss with no questions asked. After months of studying this so called boss, she had learned quite a few things about him. One being the ability of illusion. He was able to create an army of men in the blink of an eye, yet this boss man only had two protecting him. Not to mention that this boss man had a pulse when he was supposed to be vampire. Things weren't adding up and yet he had the only thing requested for her to bring back. The metal crest necklace was his only identifier and the only proof the king requested to bring back. Nothing was adding up to her, but the king did not question her. He took it on faith as she was told as she tried to tune out the king's court that applauded his efforts. The high society within this coven was too occupied with their latest fashions to question the status quo. Quieting her mind, she refocused as the crowd roared with admiration for the king. Arising to her feet as the king stood, she kept her head low as he raised his arms in the air to have deafening cheers fill the room. 

 

Minzy declined the night out celebration like she always did. Instead she wanted solitude. Lighting a candle in her small yet modest room, she sat at her desk and dipped her pen in ink as she began to write. Letting the ink hit the paper, she hated herself for drinking from the human. When she was in the clear she found herself feasting on a few beasts before taking a long needed shower and applying the pasty lotion to protect her skin from the sun rays ready to peek out to start the day. Shaking the thought, she wrote in detail of everything that happened in the past few months. Living the life as a upcoming stripper was very distasteful. It was a hard living and something she did not want to ever do again. Sighing as she wrote of the feelings of wanting to just slice the leaders throat and be done with it, it was the king who gave her direct orders to drain him and drain him she did. Hearing and feeling how his pulse increased to fading out into nothingness, she felt that in a sense the boss man, if that was even the boss man, was lucky. A soft knock came at her door and she was quickly on her feet, opening the door she was surprised to see the king. Bowing deeply, she didn't know why he was here at such a late hour. 

"Rise my child," he said as he stepped into what he thought was a poor excuse of a room. "I have a mission for you." Keeping her gaze to the ground, she stayed listening. "I know that you have just returned home, but I need your expertise." She felt nervous, hoping that he would not send her on another mission that involved her degrading herself again. "I need you to bring my brother home." She pressed her lips tightly together as she thought on his request. From her understanding the king's brother was a rebel, leaving the comfort of home to look for action and adventure. But that was years ago, or at least what she had heard, "I desire to retire from my post you see and I want him to take my place." His honesty had her taken aback, why would he tell her this? Couldn't he ask one of his guards or one of the cloaked men to bring his brother back? "I need you to do this one last thing for me and I will release you from my service," he swore to her, causing her ears to perk up. "You have been a loyal servant, doing unspeakable acts in my name," he sighed as he gazed over to her writings. "Bring my brother home and I will grant you your freedom you so desperately seek." 

"As you wish your highness," she softly spoke before the king took his leave. Sighing deeply, she walked over to her desk and took the papers before lighting them on fire. Letting the feeling of the last mission burn away into ashes, she knew this upcoming mission would probably be even worse. 

 

5 MONTHS LATER

Minzy walked into the run down looking bar, taking a seat at the bar she gazed over to the bar tender who addressed her, "A beer." Quickly popping open the bottle, she gladly accepted the cool refreshment and took it to her lips. Her senses tingled with awareness as one of the towns men smugly walked up to her. "Don't waste your breath, I was just leaving." Dropping some money onto the counter, she took her bottle to take her leave but the man moved to block her way.

"What's a pretty little thing like you doing all the way out here," he questioned her as his eyes ran the length of her petite body. She wore a loose fitted white top with dark blue fitted jeans. Nothing revealing, but very elegant and refreshing. "Are you lost sweet heart," he teased as he reached out to brush a stray hair out of her face. 

Unnerved by his bold move, she took his hand and bent it to the point of cracking. Glaring down at the now whinning man, she dared him to try and touch her again. "Like I said, I was leaving," she warned him before releasing her grasp. 

There was laughter with a round of applause following, looking into the direction it was coming from stood a very amused young man. Shaking his head at his pitiful friend, he moved towards her with a warm smile. Extending his hand out to her as a peace offering he introduced himself, "Hello nice to meet you. My name is Mino." 

Stunned at finally meeting the ghost of a man she had tried to track down for months. She gladly accepted his hand, "Just the person I was looking for." 

Confused by her words, he was suddenly howling out in pain as she pulled him and bent his arm behind his back as if he were being arrested, "What's going on?" 

"You're coming with me," was all she offered to say as she pushed him forward to walk. A blunt force hit her back, sending her forward with Mino to tumble on the ground. Gazing up at who it was, it was the man who she had just rejected. Fumbling onto her feet, she moved to lunge at the man to drive her fist square in his jaw. Seeing him fly across the room and knocked unconscious, she stood smugly before turning to have her world go black. 

 

Minzy groaned as she started to gain consciousness. She could hear a faint conversation near by, but the throbbing in her head only made it hard to focus. Hissing at the sun light that was burning her unprotected skin, she growled at the searing pain at her wrists. "What is this," she asked never before seeing rope cutting through her skin like it was at the moment. 

"It's holy water," someone answered as he walked into the light to reveal his face. Coughing a laugh in disbelief at the man she had knocked unconscious, she wondered just how things ended up this way. "Now tell us why you are here." 

At the mention of us, Mino stepped into the light. Gazing up at him he looked more chisled in person. Maybe it was the life of a rogue, whatever it was he looked more handsome than the photos had let on. Disreguarding the man asking the questions, she stared hard up at Mino. "You are being summoned home." 

"Home? This is my home," he coughed a laugh as he extended his arms out. 

Gazing all around her, she exhaled as her senses took it all in. It was a small and modest home, with nothing out of the ordinary. It was the very opposite of the life his brother was currently living. He had to be the best and have the best. There was nothing modest about the king, living the life of luxury and glory. "This isn't your home."

"And this home, that you referring to. Is it your home too," Mino eyed her suspiciously. Taking a good look at the young woman in question, he could not place her. She was unfamiliar to him and very beautiful to say the least. 

Minzy didn't like how he stood with a hard look down at her, it made her blood boil as she tugged on the ropes to growl out in pain. "Go. Home," she huffed out in frustration.

"Why? Because my brother said so," he asked, shaking his head he frowned knowing this young woman wouldn't understand what she was asking of him. "I'm sorry to tell you this, but just like I've told the others before your travels have been in vain. I will not return home." 

Furious that he would think that she would take failure as an option, she tore through the ropes and lunged over at him. Pinning him onto the ground, she glared down at him with rage, "You have no choice in the matter!"

"Actually he does," the other man said as he blew hand full of powder into her face making her world turn dark once again.

 

The smell of blood awoken her from her slumber. Gazing around the room with a glazed look, watered seeing a dead animal sitting upon a table near her. Snatching it off the table, she didn't think twice before injecting her fangs into the lifeless deer. it until it was completely dried, she let out a soft sigh of relief. "It's not human blood, but it does the job," Mino spoke up as he entered the room. 

"This is fine," she shrugged. Truthfully she preferred drinking animal's blood over human blood. She didn't like how human blood made her wild, like a blood thirsting beast. But that is a different story for another time. "Thank you," she nodded as she placed the deer back onto the table. Nodding, he leaned onto the table as he stared at her. He grinned liking how her eyes turned into a honey brown, almost like liquid gold. It was one of the side affects he liked of being a vampire. It actually made him feel more human when his eyes changed the color that her eyes looked in the moment. "What," she asked as she looked away feeling nervous that he sat staring at her yet again. 

"Does the quiet make you nervous," he chuckled reading right through her. "Don't be afraid, you have nothing to be afraid of with me." 

His words sounded so sincere and so not like his brother. The king was ruthless and silence was a bad thing from what she learned over time. It meant that you were nothing more than some disposable piece of trash. Trash that she would become if she didn't bring Mino back. "Will you please just go home if not for a moment to see the king? He needs to speak to you," she pleaded. 

Surprised to see her soften, it was very becoming of her. She went from menacing fighting machine to a sweet young woman politely asking for him to go back to something he had avoided all these years. It was pure chaos and horror, this home that she claimed he belonged to. But the look on her face showed that of desperation. How could he reject such a beautiful young woman's request? Maybe it was her charm or maybe it was the way she looked at him that made him speak without a caution to the wind, "Fine I'll go." 

Unsure of what he had said, she stumbled over to him. Nearly falling over due to the healing injuries, she was caught in his arms. Staring up at him in disbelief, she hoped she had heard right. "What did you say?" 

The way she looked at him made him feel proud, like he was an answer to her prayers. "I said fine, I'll go with you." 

Letting out a squeal of excitement, she lept into his arms and embraced him tightly, "Thank you!" A sense of relief washed over her, being in awe that she only needed to ask to get him to follow through. 

Surprised by this young woman's reaction, he chuckled as he held her small frame in his strong arms. Inhaling her soft flowery scent, he took courage on the journey ahead. 

 

Author's Notes: 

Damn this took me forever and a day to freakin finish this set. I had changed it so much that it just became a little overwhelming at times haha. Hope you enjoyed the first chapter to this next set. And yes, of course I would follow a werewolf story with a vampire story haha. Thanks for reading. Until the next update!