Ninano (Possibility One)

The Odds of Us

She lay staring up at the white popcorned ceiling. Bored out of her mind, she mindlessly reached for her cell phone and rolled her eyes as she saw for the hundereth time, that there wasn't a text, voice mail, or phone call. There was absolutely nothing, which was what she felt like was going on for her at the moment. Sitting up, she huffed loudly as she stared aimlessly around her room. With her phone in her hand , she convinced herself that maybe just maybe there would be something that would pop up on her screen. But she knew better. Her phone confirmed her stupidity.Tossing her phone onto her bed, she cursed the damned thing as she walked to her wardrobe. 

The music drowned out everything. Swaying her hips to the rhythm of the beat, her fitted black dress inched higher up her thighs. As a seductive beat took over, she bit down on the corner of her bottom lip. Slowing her movements to accentuate curve of her body. Bobbing her head, she twirled her flowing long gold locks around. The effortless moves made the crowd oo and awe, giving her their undivided attention as she  added in some foot work. Gliding across the floor in her high heels, she reached for one of the male bystanders and pulled him flesh to flesh with her. The crowd roared as she spun around the man, before taking hold of his hands and dropping flat into the splits. It was a jaw dropping move, to which she so effortlessly spun and shimmied her way back up onto her feet. Taking the man's hand, she bowed as everyone cheered for an encore that she graciously declined. Shaking her head, she waved everyone off before making her way to the bar. 

Winking at her favorite bar tender, he winked right back as he placed a shot of liquor and purse in front of her, "Great job girl!"

"Thanks," she gladly raised the glass towards him before drinking the cool alcohol in one go. Reaching for her purse, she was startled by a tap on her shoulder. Glancing back, it was the gentleman she had danced with seconds ago. "Yes?"

"Sorry to startle you," he quickly retreated his hand into his pocket. "I just wanted to thank you for that dance. I'm new here and don't have much friends. I just graduated from school and really didn't make any time for friends. So I figured, many going to a club would be a way to meet new people. Looking into it,  this club is rated as one of the top clubs so I thought why not." Pausing, he held out his hands in embarassment. "Sorry that I'm rambling, I just do this when I'm super nervous." He finally stopped to take a breath before starting up again, "Anyway just thank you. I appreciate you taking a chance on me." Bowing he turned to make a quick exit before he embarassed himself further.

"Is that how you meet new friends? Talk at them and then walk away," she called after him. Haulting in his tracks, he turned to see a warm smile on her face. He shook his head and bowed in apology, watching as she shooed away the person sitting beside her. She then took his hand in hers and guidedc him to the now freed up space. Shaking his hand, she introduced herself, "Hi my name is Minzy. You're most welcome for the dance and welcome to the place I was raised in, Seoul ."

He took her hand willingly and matched her smile, "Mino and I'm from the simple country side." 

Minzy's eyebrows shifted upwards in surprise, "A country boy? No wonder why you were so modest when I danced with you. Most guys gyrate their junk right into my !" At the mention of her bottom, she gave it a slap and shook her head with a slight frown. 

Her vulgar forwardness made him feel a bit uncomfortable as he found himself staring at her . Shifting his gaze away in embarassment, he quickly apologized, "I'm sorry. I...I can't believe I looked! I might as well be like the city boys. How improper..." He was hushed with the push of an index finger to his lips. This action made him freeze staring wide eyed at the young woman sitting in front of him. 

"You are not like these faced city boys and I hope you don't ever become one," she hissed as if her words spoke that of experience. Giving him a hard glare not to talk, she slowly removed her finger and snapped them. "Two shots please," she called out to the bar tender, who willingly served her right away. "Now..." she handed Mino a shot before taking the other. "Let's drink the night away to our new friendship!" 

Mino knew his limit and soon started to pace out his drinks. On the other hand, his new friend just seemed to be a ball of surprises as she drank her alcohol like water. The way she swore and drank so effortlessly, he thought she probably was a man in her past life. Shaking his head, he chuckled as he imagined the young woman with a mustache. 

"What's so funny Mino," she scrunched her nose up at him. 

He shook his head and sighed, "Nothing." 

Rolling her eyes, she lifted her middle finger up at him, " you!"

"What was that for," he scoffed as he sipped on his drink. 

Dropping her head, she grumbled to herself as she reached for her drink, "You're all the ing same. Play games and act like nothing is wrong." 

"Huh," he knew he had drank way too much as he reached out to brush a strand of hair behind her ear. "What did you say?" 

"You're all the ing same," she snapped at him before taking another shot. "You're all the ing same," she repeated to herself as she called for another round. As the shot was placed down, a hand swooped down to remove it. 

"I think I should take you home," Mino gave her a crooked smile. "Where I'm from we gentlemen treat women with respect and especially since we're friends now it's my duty that you make it home safely."

Minzy grumbled to herself as she let him gently lead her to her feet and walked her out of the club. Taking her pretty pink purse, he draped it over his shoulder. She couldn't help but laugh, "You look good with a purse."

"Why thank you, I've been told that pink is my color," he teased wth a horribly high pitched voice to imitate a girl, making them both laugh. "Now tell me where to go?"

"I took a cab," she said simply.

"Oh so you knew you were going to get super drunk all by yourself," he gave her a disappointed look. "Good thing I'm here."

She scoffed at him in disbelief, "I've done this before!"

"All alone? You city girls are so independent sometimes," he shook his head and frowned. "How will you ever find a good man if you do it all alone? Assuming that you don't since no man should let his woman go out alone."

Minzy shrugged, "You just ing do, alright! If these city boys taugh me anything, it's better to be alone!" 

Mino bit back his words, not wanting a fight. "Let's take this cab," he said waving at the cab to move towards them. Opening her door, he helped her in before rushing around into the other side, "Tell the man where to go."

"He knows," she waved him off and gave the cab driver a nod. 

"Are you sure Minzy? You've never taken a man home with you," the cab driver looked at them through his rear view mirror. 

"Yeah he's not like the other guys," Minzy said as she reached over to brush her hand up his thigh. 

Mino quickly took her wrist to stop her, "Minzy please, you're not thinking straight." 

"See! I told you," she chuckled as she leaned onto her door. 

The cab driver laughed and nodded to himself, "ing country boys!"

"What's wrong with country boys," Mino frowned to himself as they drove off. 

When they finally arrived to her apartments, Mino got out and rushed over to help Minzy up. Meanwhile the cab driver leaned over to glance at him, "Just because you're from the country doesn't mean you're not a ing man. Don't try anything stupid boy! I've seen your face." Glaring hard at him, the cab driver gave him a nod before dashing off. 

Sighing, Mino found himself wrapping his arm around her waist and pulled her close to help her up the stairs. After an eternity of trying to coordinate Minzy's steps, Mino gave up and swooped her up into his arms. Hearing her yelp as she clung onto his neck, this allowed him to make his way to the elevator. "What floor?"

"Seventh," she mumbled into his chest. 

Stumbling out of the elevator, he followed her instructions and found the spare key at the top of her door frame. Letting them inside, he kicked the door closed behind him and walked towards the nearest couch. As he tried to put her down, she clung tighter onto his neck. "Minzy it's your couch," he tried to reassure her as he stooped down once again to fail. The feeling of her nails digging into his neck made him hiss, "Minzy!"

"Please don't leave me," she plead as began to cry onto his chest. 

Shifting back up before the both fell, he found himself rocking her as if she were like a child, "I'm not going to leave you." 

"Please don't let me go," she cried harder. The dampening of her tears made him sigh deeply. Slowly turning around, he sat down with her cradled in his arms. Allowing her to cry into his chest, "What did I do wrong? Why did you let me go? Was I not enough? Was I really nothing to you?!"

The thoughts of how their night began flashed in his mind. He remembered her reaction to the word nothing from earlier. It was all coming together as her drunken sobbing fit revealed the harsh reality she was living. This made him pull her closer to him, it was as if instinct had kicked in when he rocked her softly. Brushing the stray tears away from her cheeks, he sat staring at the sobbing woman. She looked different from the fierce woman who could totally be a guy. No this woman seemed so fragile she could possibly shatter into a milion pieces. Mino had a feeling this was a rare occurence as she gazed up at him. He could see just how vulnerable and broken. This moment had him embracing her tighter, wanting nothing more to protect and help her through whatever she was facing. Giving her an encouraging smile, he wiped at her tears. "Minzy I'm never going to leave you." Pulling her in for another warm embrace, he was surprised by his words. He figured it was the alcohol making him into a honest man. But that thought was something he could sort out later, she was the only thing at mattered at this moment.

 

Author's Notes:

Since I've been able to update one of my ongoing fics I feel like I can release this one. My intentions for this fic is to compose a few short stories into one hence the parenthese of which fic it belongs to. I've finished the first series and will be trying to start the second soon. These short stories are influenced and in support of my girl Minzy releasing her first solo album. Hope you all enjoy reading as well as I hope you feel inspired to listen to Minzy's album. Thanks!!!