Winter *

Our Winter Ballad

After seeing the two of them off and making sure they made it down the street safe, I finished eating as I waited for the others to do so also. I didn’t miss the looks Jackson gave me once I came back with Seungkwan but ignoring those looks I laughed and smiled with the two of them. When everyone was done and full I pulled out my wallet only to have Jackson push it back in my pocket as he paid for us. Sighing I felt as if he was spending too much on me and I just didn’t like the feeling as much as I should have. Leaving we parted ways with Yugyeom and Youngjae as they went home and we walked to the bus stop so that we can go home.

“So what were you two talking about?” Looking at him he seemed concerned and I could only punch him in the arm playfully because he seemed to be worrying about a lot of things lately.

“Nothing much, why?”

“No reason. You just seemed really happy talking with him, and I was just thinking- never mind it’s nothing.” He walked ahead of me as the bus stop came into view and as he quickly sat down I followed behind him as I sat next to him.

“If it’s nothing then why do you look so concerned about it. You know just because I’m always on edge it doesn’t mean that I won’t lean a listening ear.” He stared at me for a few minutes before shaking his head and I just shrugged seeing that he doesn’t want to carry this conversation on any longer.

Sitting in silence I was glad when the bus finally pulled up and as we got on I sat down by the window as he opted to stand even though I gave him the seat next to me. Sighing I stared out the window until we came to the next stop as we got off so that we can ride the next bus. Yawning I watched as the sun began to set and honestly it looked so beautiful. Looking at Jackson I watched as he stared me down and not really knowing what to say I looked away glad that our next bus had come. Getting on I sat down, and at least Jackson sat next to me this time and all I could do was yawn as I continued staring out the window.

“Are you tired?” His voice was soft and turning to look at him I nodded a little bit and I don’t really know what happened but next thing I know my head was laying on his shoulder as he was hugging my waist softly.

“Thanks.” I mumbled it kind of embarrassed by the position but then again we are on a half empty bus with the only other people being people getting off of late shifts and tired college students.

Grabbing him I placed his head on my shoulder as I hugged his waist so that he could be comfortable because it was starting to get a little chilly. He mumbled a thank you and next thing I heard was the small snores that I heard when he had slept over when he was drunk. Placing my chin on top of his head I looked out the window as the city passed by us quickly and I smiled a little bit as the November air was suddenly turning into December air, and that means he was going to be extra busy and I don’t really have that many chances left for him to accept my sincerity. I really hate JB for making him like this.

He probably doesn’t remember me, but the first time we met was back when he had first become a trainee. I was trying my hardest to see where I wanted to go in life, and at that time I wanted to be any and everything, but then I heard this beautiful singing by my window late at night. Opening it I looked around as I saw a small figure sitting on a park bench and it seemed to be sad, but night after night of watching him sing he stopped coming. I got kind of worried but then I saw him walking into his company with another trainee as they were laughing and having fun. That was when I started my dream to become a singer, but then I found out that I wasn’t that good at singing so then I tried rapping. I actually got into one of the companies on my first try. I trained for so long that I witnessed him debut myself because at the time I was backup dancing for a Sunbae at the company seeing as how he needed an extra and I already knew the dance.

His debut stage was one of my favorites because as he sang with his dyed blonde hair, he looked so beautiful that my mouth went dry and I was being pulled away so that we could go on standby. As he came off the stage I wanted to talk to him so bad and tell him that he did a great job but he only saw Sunbae as he greeted him and went on his way leaving me with the words hanging on my tongue. A few more years passed as I worked so hard to become a better rapper, because for the longest I was just average and I could write my own words but it wasn’t anything special. Then I got the call from the CEO as he said that I was going to be debuting soon and my heart was literally exploding because I would be able to see him up close and actually be able to shake hands with him as a fellow artist instead of a trainee.

I remember handing him my debut CD, and the smile on his face as he took it with a gentle hand as he gave me a fighting, left me to have to catch my breath. I performed before him and as I was leaving the stage he was on standby and as I wanted to speak to him he kept on walking as he was pulled onto the stage. Going back to the company that day I was holding my head down low as Hyung was patting my back as he told me that the CEO wanted to see me and with a small sigh I went to his office. He congratulated me on a successful debut and everything in between before he handed me a small bag and inside of it was a bunch of signed stuff by him. I instantly became happy, and I think that was the day everyone in the company knew I liked him.

The day he tripped and fell into my arms was one of the greatest days in my life because as I looked at him up close for the first time besides in a photobook he looked so much more than my imagination could have ever come up with. I knew I was being a little creepy as the smile wouldn’t fall off my face and as he left my arms I was a little sad but the feeling was still there. I performed that day as if my life depended on it and as we met more and more often I gathered up my courage to finally ask him out and the look on his face was priceless. But to have him sleeping on my shoulder was even more priceless.

Looking at him I pulled out my phone as I took a few pictures, before stuffing it back in my pocket as our stop was coming up. As the bus pulled to a stop I gathered him in my arms as I stepped out into the cold night air only to have him hold onto me tightly. Fixing him so that we were both comfortable I walked back towards his place as I took in the silence as people walked past us huddled together for warmth, and for once I was glad the attention wasn’t on us. Making it to the front of his apartment building I noticed that someone was kicking what seemed to be rocks by the door, sighing I began think about how crazy some fans could be.

“Yah!” I turned to look at the person as he came out of the dark and into the light that was coming from the door, and it happened just as I was pushing the door open.

“Huh?” I looked at the person as they got closer and closer; and once I figured out that it was JB getting closer to us, I held him tighter just in case he tried anything.

“Can we talk?” I looked at my arms and then I looked back at him before sighing as I let the door close as I turned to look at him hoping that he wasn’t wasting my time.

“What about?”

“About Eunkwang. I need to know what your intentions are with him?” I had to stop myself from punching him because I didn’t need security coming and causing a commotion.

“Last time I checked Eunkwang has nothing to do with you, Sunbaenim. So whatever happens between us is our business, not yours. If you could excuse us.” Bowing I turned to leave once more but he grabbed my arm causing me to stumble a little bit but I held my balance as I wasn’t going to drop him.

“Listen, we might not be together any more but I did love him truly and when we broke up I knew he was having a hard time but I couldn’t do anything about it. I love Jr., but I loved Eunkwang more and I don’t think you will ever understand that. So whatever happens with him is my business whether you like it or not, so tell me what are your intentions?” I stared at him in disbelief because he was starting to get creepy.

“My intentions are simple. I will start off on a whole new slate with him and give him everything that you couldn’t and or wouldn’t. I don’t care if I go broke because of him; I don’t care if he will never love me back; I don’t care if he cheats or leaves me for another, because in the end I will love him with all of my heart and that is something that you will never understand. You can’t keep coming around and ruining his life trying to bring him back when you already have someone willing to do the things that I am willing to do for him. I’ll even sacrifice my career just for him to be happy, and that is something you wouldn’t be able to do. So please leave him alone, or else I won’t see you with respect any more. Goodnight, Sunbaenim.” Opening the door, I slammed it shut behind me as I walked towards the elevator pressing the up button.

Waiting for only a minute, the elevator doors opened and stepping on quickly I pressed his floor number as the doors began to close and as we began moving I sighed as I leaned back against the wall. Looking down at him he staring at me and felling a little shy because what if he heard everything that I said. Smiling at him he smiled back as he hugged me tightly and I was more than surprised because he is always calling me and idiot and is hitting me, mostly playful hits, but this is the first time he showed me any type of serious affection.

“Thank you, for getting him out of my hair for a while.” Nodding I sat him down so that he wouldn’t have to be on me any longer.

“So…you heard everything?” He laughed before nodding and when the door opened I stepped off after him as he explained that he woke up when JB was talking about his love for him and Jr.

I could only nod in response, and when we made it to his door I stood in silence as he pressed in his code causing the door to open with a small beep. Biding him goodnight I turned to leave but he grabbed my arm stopping me. Turning around I looked at him as I waited for him to speak but he caught me off guard as he kissed me on the cheek before letting go as he took my phone out my pocket.

“Here. So now you can call before you decide to come over uninvited.” He handed it back with a small smile on his face before rushing inside as he closed the door.

I stood in shock as I never would have thought that he would just give it to me. I screamed in happiness as I ran down the hallway as I took the stairs screaming all the way down them. Making it back to the lobby I waved goodbye to the man behind the desk as he waved back to me slowly, and once I was outside I screamed the loudest that I could.

“HE GAVE ME HIS NUMBER!” The people walking by stared at me as if I was crazy but I didn’t care, this was one of the biggest accomplishments in my life.

Calling Hyung I asked if he could pick me up, but then hearing something about him mumbling about not being able to move right now. I just nodded in understanding as I hung up walking back to the bus stop, it was the last bus of the night and I knew it from all the times I took it in my trainee years. Sitting down at the bus stop I smiled like an idiot as the bus pulled up and getting on I paid my fair before taking a seat by the door and looking at my phone I couldn’t help but look at my contacts to see his name. It just felt surreal and my mind was just blown to so many heights at this point. Reaching home, I texted Hyung telling him I made it, and texting Eunkwang I told him goodnight as I got one back as it told me to go to sleep. Not being told twice I changed and I got into bed, that night I dreamt of him as I did every night but this was totally different.