Chapter 3

The Hard Struggle With A New Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri’s POV

I notice her back away. I go to her and hold her shoulder.

“Yun, don’t worry.” She shakes her head and releases herself from me. She goes in front of Mr. Jung. Oh no…

“Look, I don’t have any money, I work mostly for free and I don’t have anything else. If you want something go bother that old hag.” I shake my head and pull her back. Mr. Jung’s and the two girl’s eyes widen. I glare at her.

“Yun you better calm down. I’m serious. You wouldn’t want anything to get worse.”

“What? You’re going to make it better?” She said emotionlessly. My eyes widen. She never ever talked to anyone like this.

“Ever since that accident everything has gotten worse.” She releases herself from me and gets on her bike.

“Tell Appa and umma I’m not going to be home tonight.” Before I could move she already sprint cycled out the community centre. I rub my forehead and then face back all three and bow.

“Sorry about my friend’s behaviour she isn’t always like this.” I stayed in this position because I really couldn’t face my Mr. Jung’s angry face.

“It’s alright.” He said calmly. I closed my eyes.

“Her eyes were different when we were watching her in the gym. She had adrenaline and passion but when I mentioned her family her eyes became sad, angry and most of all emptiness.” I bite my lips and tighten my eyes.

“Yuri….. I understand why she was mean. I know you understand.” He raises me up. I open my teary eye and face him. The two girl’s eyes widen again but I don’t care. I can’t take it anymore. Amber shouldn’t be suffering! I wipes my tears.

“S-sorry, you weren’t meant to see this side of mine.” He pats me.

“Bring me to your father.” I nod.

Anber’s POV

I sprint cycle all the way to the cemetery. I wanted to see my family again. Once I reached there I was greeted by the security guard.

“Amber? Isn’t it a bit too late to see your family?” I need to see them. I’m desperate.

“Please Josh, let me see them, please.” I pout at him. He sighs.

“Fine ten minutes.” I happily hug him and run inside.

Once I was close I saw someone sitting down. I hid myself behind the tree near the tombstones. The person was sitting on a carpet so it doesn’t look as bad…

“Jamie, Andrew, Jackie, it’s good to see you three.” My eyes widen. U-umma?!

“Andrew, Yiyun look a lot like you, you know? I sometimes accidentally call her ‘Andrew.” I silently chuckle because it is true.

“I-I really wish you were here to see your daughter. She works very hard and I know she gets that from you J-Jamie.” I see her wiping her tears with her shirt. I think it’s time for me to appear…

“Umma…” I mumbled. She flinched and turns around.

“Yiyun…” I went to her. I took off my bag and sat down beside her.

“I-I thought you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter