Chapter 1

The Hard Struggle With A New Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Amber's POV

I open my eyes and see three tombstones with names and photos indicated. I placed one flower down on each tombstone. I clasp my hand together and close my eyes pray. Praying to god that I know I am lucky and that he is taking care of my family. I open back my eyes.

“I’ll see you later mother, father, and Jackie. Thank you for protecting me.” I let out a loud sigh and look up at the sky to prevent myself from crying. It’s been approximately 5 years since the unfortunate accident.

My parents had died during the huge car crash and my sister had saved me. She managed to survive but died due to blood lose when we were arrived at the hospital. Once I was released from the hospital we had the funeral. It was terrible to face my family when their eyes were closed and weren’t responding to me. As a child I was quite intelligent and mature but my father always told me that I shouldn’t show that side of me to fool everyone. I’ve heard that all the aunties and uncles not wanting to take me because I was different. Even my grandmother didn’t take me in because it would ruin her reputation. Yes it is true, I like to play with guns then Barbie dolls, I fit in with boys than girls and that’s why I was always bullied by girls but I had my guy friends to back me up so it was alright. So about no one taking me in. A good friend on my father, I call him Uncle Kwon since I was close to his daughter Yuri unnie. We practically twins beside the appearance. But uncle had taken me as daughter. I felt grateful because someone appreciated me.

But here I am, 19 year old Amber, staring at the sky. I shook my head to bring myself back to reality. I put my earphones on and jogged to my bike. I got on and started to ride back to the Kwon’s house. As I pedal I always like to appreciate the nice architecture of the house no matter if it is new or old. As I reach the house I get off my bicycle and open the garage and place my bike on the side. I then enter the house not forgetting to take off my shoes. Appa turned his head to me.

“Oh your back, your mom just finished making breakfast. Get a plate before you go to work.” He said.

Since I was welcome to the family, uncle and aunty told me to just call them mom and dad. I was hesitant but they said when I feel comfortable I could call them mom and dad. I call them in Korean while I call my real parents mom and dad in English as I always have.

“Thanks and good morning appa.” He nods and continues reading the newspaper. I walk into the kitchen and kiss umma on the cheek. She giggles at me remark.

“Good morning umma.” I grab a plate and grab some breakfast.

“Morning Yiyun.” I sit down and eat.

Omma calls me Yiyun because she does not want me to forget I am also Chinese. She did learn Chinese to continue to teach me and for her to learn as well. Basically we were both learning and she was ‘teaching’ me.

“How was your visit?” I stop eating and swallow my food.

“The usual, gave them flowers and wish them well.” She takes off her apron and joins me with a plate of breakfast. Appa comes walking.

“Ladies I’ll be heading to work.” He kisses umma in the cheek. I look at them both in disgust. The two laugh at me and appa ruffles my head. He then leaves the kitchen after Yuri unnie comes walking in tiredly. I start eating again. I see that she was taking some breakfast and eventually joined us.

“No good morning?” Umma asked. I was mentally laughing.

“Morning…” She said while eating. Umma rolled her eyes. I finished up and clean my plate.

“Thank you for the breakfast umma.” She smiles at me before I leave the kitchen but I hear something once I stepped out of the kitchen.

“Why can’t you be like Yun?” She was complaining. I chuckle as I walk to upstairs to my room. I look at my schedule;

Senior Taekwondo – 10:45 A.M.

Orange Belt Taekwondo – 12 P.M.

AirBall Pregame warm-up – 3:30 P.M.

Training – 9 P.M.

As you can see I live a pretty normal life after being kicked out. Was only given about $500,000 to support myself when I was kicked out. I gave all that money to appa and umma who had kept it. I told them that they could buy a new house since there is only two large rooms in this house. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter