Impossible III

Impossible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaerin listened carefully as the witch spoke, she did not want to make a mistake.

"The blood creatures are persuaded by scent, they rely on their senses for everything but their sense of smell decides what they like and what they want.. they used it to find their mate"

Sandara looked at Chaerin as the princess paid careful attention.

"I can mask your scent in case it is inviting to the prince or any blood creature out there, they will be able to smell your true scent when you are far away from them but once they get close to it will be masked into a different scent, it will irritate them"

"What if I get killed for it being irritating?" Chaerin asks curious

"It won't annoy them, it will just be different it won't appeal to them.. if your true scent is not appealing to them it will change only in the slightest"

Chaerin nods her head

"Once a blood creature bites you then the spell no longer works or after you are wed, they will smell your true scent"

"Will it change after I am married to the prince?" Chaerin asks

"Your true scent will only enhance but not change completely, if it appeals to someone, that someone will try hard to get their fangs in to you"

"Fangs?" Chaerin asks frighten

"You will be fine child" she told Chaerin but in her eyes something else could be read, she was not being completely honest with her.

"Will she marry the prince?" Sandara asks as she knows the witch can tell the future.

The witch looked into Chaerin's eyes "she will marry the king"

"Will-"

The witch's eyes then turned to Sandara "no more questions child, you need to take care of yourself.. you are with child once again" she tells Dara

Dara smiles and touches her stomach

Chaerin smiles at Dara happily, after doing the spell and thanking and paying the witch the both girls walked back to the castle, they hurried and as soon as they arrived to the castle they felt relief.

"Does my brother know?" Chaerin suddenly asks

"He knows we went to see the orphans"

Chaerin nods "I have instructed Hyolin to have everything ready to go visit them"

"They will miss you once you set sail"

Chaerin remembers of the kids she loves spending time with, she loves being able to read and play with them to lessen their pain. She loves to take treats and toys for the kids, she was the one responsible for the orphanage to move from the poorest area in the village up to just outside the premises of the castle.

The princess followed the queen to the orphanage where they spent the rest of the day until one of Dara's guard went to look for her, she was needed in the nursery.

Chaerin stayed in the orphanage where her guards and her septa later joined her, she knew Dara had sent them. She know how much her sister in law loves her and protects her as much as she can.

Her handmaid also joined her, she distributed the sweet treats for the children and elders who helped in the orphanage.

The princess played with the kids until it was time for her to leave, the sky looked red and orange when she walked towards the castle.
Her septa and guards escorted her to the her father's study, she entered only after knocking and making sure his lordship was ready to see her.

As soon as she entered the study she vowed "father" she said softly as she walked towards her father's desk.

"Chaerin, I assume you are just arriving to the castle?"

Chaerin nods "yes father, I was in the childrens orphanage"

His father nods his head understanding "I requested for your presence as your brother and I have some news to tell you"

Chaerin pretended to be oblivious as to the subject "what news father?"

"We have received a proposal my dear daughter, a proposal we cannot refuse"

Chaerin only took a deep breath, she knows this is the moment in where she find out where her life will go. This is where she finds out whether she will be going to Scorpius the land she is eager to venture in or Dragon land the kingdom she fears for the tales she has heard.

"You are to wed Prince Yong Kwon Jiyong of dragons kingdom, you are to contract marriage after his graces coronation"

Chaerin's eyes widen as those words filled her ears "dragons capital?"

Her father nods his head "you are to set sail in two night falls, you need to be in court before his grace is coronated"

She wanted to say something but nothing left her lips, she was speechless. Even though she saw this coming she was hoping for her father to accept the proposal from Scorpius, she wanted to be more free and being in Dragons kingdom would not allow her that, it is not the custom.

"I-"

"You will be queen one day my sweet daughter, this alliance puts us higher in the rank for power"

She only shook her head and heard as a buzzing sound made home on her ears, all of a sudden she felt as air could not reach her lungs and she sat down on a chair that was behind her.

Her father ran quickly to her side "Chaerin"

"I am okay father" she rushed her words, it was a lie. She did not feel okay, she felt defeated.

 

Few days later,

It has been two sun rises since she set sail for the capital, she was told that at the next sun rise she would be in the dragon capital. She was accompanied by her septa, 1 trusted handmaid and 20 guards.

She was mesmerized by the scenery as they traveled to the capital, she was seeing more things in only some hours than she had seen in all her lifespan. She was eager to find and discover more while she was in dragon kingdom.

The closer they got to kings landing the more beautiful scenery she found but once night fall started she always locked herself in her assigned chamber, she was not fond of being in open sea once night fell. She fell asleep rather quickly that night, her nerves had tired her out instead of preventing her from slumber.

Once she opened her eyes again she could see the bright sun peaking through her window, it always held a marvelous view of the sea but this morning instead of seeing sea she could see the grand kingdom coming into view.

She quickly stood up not bothering to put a robe on and stood next to the window, she could see the great sept of Yong and the grand majestic castle black.

She had heard many stories of the majestic castle black but seeing it from afar no words could describe the grandeur of it, it was tall and looked powerful with its peaks and windows that could be seen before you could see the actual land.

She was mesmerized by both the sept and the castle, she then heard a knock on her door before the door opened.

"Princess, you need to eat your fruit before you get ready for the grand day ahead of you" Her septa HyunSo spoke .

Chaerin only nodded and her hand maiden walked in the room with fresh cut up fruit and cinnamon tea sweeten with honey.

"Hyolin, have my blue golden dress ready please" she spoke as she put a piece of melon in .

"Milady, as your septa I think it would be appropriate for you to wear your creme golden dress"

Chaerin thought of her creme golden dress, it has a semi sweetheart top, long sleeves that have extra fabric at the wrists to make a hanging effect with a golden jeweled band around her waist and a long aline skirt. It was much more appropriate then her usual v neck or swee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter