Impossible I

Impossible
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Year 1455,

The bright blue sky could be seen all thought the Sol lands, it is cloudless, it almost looks like the sea. It is rumored that the sky holds many secrets, many secrets that a certain princess would love to discover.

It was not very long ago when the princess of Sol Lands sat in the flat stone behind the garden over looking the sea, she was much younger but she remembers the day as if it was yesterday. The princess remembers herself admiring the blue sky, that day it held many clouds- many clouds in which the mysterious creature hid.

She was mesmerized with what she saw, the creature was huge- like a huge bird. It was black, its huge wings black with red details stood out with the rays of the sun. It was very high up in the sky, she was startled when she first saw the creature fly in the sky. Its loud roar scared her like nothing else in the world, she was just 8 at that time and its roar resulted in many sleepless nights.

It was a dragon, a black, red dragon. She told her older brother in secrecy but he convinced her no such things existed, that it was a mere trick her mind played on her. It confused her as she knew she was right or maybe she was not, all the princess knew was that since that day she waited in the same spot almost everyday to see it again.

She wanted to be graced once again with its magical wings but it never showed up again, now she was beginning to really thinking it was only in her head.

Many people from her court talked about how those creatures only existed in Kings Landing, the caption of Dragon Kingdom. The princess would never know, she had no desire to visit the dragon capital. She feels fine confined in her own lands, thought she clearly knows it wasn't going to last forever.

The princess is 19 years of age and fit to marry to any lord or prince whom her father and brother think it is fit for her, she has heard her brother say that he will not settle for any less until she is queen of her own kingdom. She clearly knew she was destined for such a life, an arranged life.

The princess has heard of many tales, the tales of Price Park Daesung and his bravery and generosity. She heard them mostly from her sister in law, the beautiful Queen Dong Park Sandara, her brother's wife.

The once princess now queen Sandara arrived to court when princess Chaerin was merely 14 years of age, her beauty never shying away from all the rumors. She was exactly how they described her, full of elegance and grace, she was exactly like how princess Chaerin imagined her to be.

Sandra was the same age the princess is now when she married the princess's brother, Sandara is now the queen of Sol lands and the mother of a beautiful baby boy, the heir next in line for the throne after his father King Dong Lee Youngbae of Sol land.

The princess once again looked up to the sky wishing that the creature showed up to assure her of its existence but once again she was disappointed, it has been more than 10 years since such event.

'I am foolish, that is what I am' the princess thought. A foolish girl whom believes in fairy tales even though she denies to believe in them and despises them to the core. For her it was a sign of weakness, her weakness.

Her light brown eyes looked down at her hands and immediately she stood up, she looked regal and beautiful. She turn around and she saw her handmaiden, the dark brown dull straight haired yet very pretty Hyolin, the princess sometimes envies the girl.

How can such a lowborn creature have the privilege of love, have the privilege of choosing and deciding? The princess envied Hyolin for those reasons, Hyolin's life was not chosen for her like hers was. Her hand maiden chooses and does as she pleases, well with some restrictions of course but she has more choices than the princess could ever have.

The princess walked passed her and of course Hyolin is following right behind her, the princess is never to be unchaperoned- it is an insult and an unnecessary way to call on rumors.

Chaerin's eyes catch a glimpse as her septa stands just at the end of the garden with 2 guards next to her, the princess is never alone and is always being watched.

Again something she envies from Hyolin, she has seen the girl sneak away with her lover at indecent hours of the night and no one says a thing. Well no one except her envious self when she feel like scolding the girl, but she regret it quickly afterwards. The princess excuses her behavior by telling her to be much more careful making Hyolin feeling grateful only to make the princess feel more guilty.

She walks passed her guards and her septa and soon she hears their steps walking behind her, they do not speak a word but she did see them vow a little then they follow her every step.

The princess was walking back to her private chambers when she encounter her sister in law on the way, She smile as she saw her. She vow a little "your majesty" the princess voice as she sees Sandara smile, she's like a sister and her best advisor and confidant.

"Princess, why out so late?" Sandara asks her curiously, Chaerin notices as her eyebrow raises and then looks at her septa.

"I wanted to enjoy this marvelous day" the princess chirped

Sandara nods understanding her "shall we get some tea?" She says giving her a look of concern that only Chaerin understands.

"Of course sister, shall we go to my quarters?"

"That would be wise"

Chaerin look at Hyolin "please go first and prepare the tea, we shall be there soon"

"Yes milady" Hyolin vows and excuses herself

The walk to Chaerin's quarters was rather quick as they talked about Chaerin's favorite little person, her nephew. Chaerin knew her septa was close hearing their conversion for any topic that they shall not discuss.

When they arrived at the princess quarters they sat on her terrance table waiting for the tea, Chaerin looked at her sister in law and Sandara gave her a small worrying smile. Chaerin's eyes widen as that only meant one thing, bad news for the princess.

Sandara looked back at Chaerin's septa and Chaerin understood what that meant.

"Septa HyunSo, would you mind leaving us alone?" Chaerin spoke softly to her

Septa HyunSo looked at the queen and back at the princess and finally she nodded leaving them alone, Chaerin turn to her sister in law almost too quick.

Sandara took a deep breath "proposals have been made" she finally told the princess getting her out of her curiousness and placing her in a slow much awaited misery.

"who?" Chaerin ask softly, she noticed the crack in her own voice.

"Two promising ones, the only two the King took in knowledge" Sandara admits, of course her brother would dismiss all the other proposal if a promising one was on the rise.

The princess could not say anything, she could not find the right words to express her misery without sounding like an ungrateful human being.

"First one came from far away" Sandara began and Chaerin wanted to rush her with her words.

"King.." 'King?' Chaerin's eyes widen, as Sandara said king. 'That must mean that I am unlucky with an elderly husband', she thought and wanted to faint or better yet protest.

"... Wu Kris, the king of Scorpius, the Kingdom abroad" Chaerin was shocked with Sand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter