Why I Hate Doritoes

Why I Hate Nice Boys

Shua: Thanks for listening to me last night/today and for giving me another chance :) I’ve been inspired so I’m headed to the company. Thanks for that too. :) Message me when you get home safely :)

 

I let out an involuntary squee and accidentally kicked the driver’s chair. He looked back angrily. Well sorry you’re not getting cute messages like I am sir.

 

Elena: guys I lied

Sav: what

Kimmy: lol

Sav: HOW FAR DID YOU GO

Sav: TELL US EVERYTHING

Kimmy: this is highly amusing

Elena: haha no no. We just walked across the bridge and talked.

Sav: And?

Elena:

Kimmy: lol

Sav: YOU WENT ALL THE WAY???

Elena: wtf no. that’s not what I meant.

Hampton: She was on a bridge Sav

Sav: so what? There aren’t any cars out at night

Kimmy: lol 

Hampton: bridges aren’t very sanitary

Elena: we played hashtag and got to know each other really well. I told him about Emmaline and fat camp and how much I miss Steve Irwin. Elena 101. He told me a lot about himself too.

Sav: Idk a bridge sounds kind of fun

Kimmy: ?
Sav: I don’t recommend beaches tho

Kimmy: ew

Elena:  And he held my hand <3 And he said cute things like he told me I’m pretty. And he paid for my taxi home. And he sent me an after date message. Guys he’s so nice my heart physically hurts.

Hampton: you didn’t

Sav: it was in high school ok. Seemed like a good idea.

Hampton: everyone with half a brain knows that sand is the worst medium.

Kimmy: oh my god

Sav: YOU HELD HIS HAND IM SQUEEING YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE I SHIP THIS SO HARD

Hampton: Elenshua? Joshena? You choose Elena.

Sav: I’m asking my mom for a ticket to Korea. When she wakes up.

Kimmy: Elenshua kind of sounds like a twilight vampire baby name

Hampton: omg me too. 

Sav: now that you guys are a thing, I must meet wonwoo.

Elena: I like Elenshua…

Kimmy: you would

Hampton: leave her alone Kimmy

 

 

 

 

Elena: I’m home~ thanks for paying for my taxi and everything. :)

Shua: Good to hear. :) Do you want to come to Vernon’s place around 7pm tomorrow? We’ve been living at the company for the past 3 weeks and today we finally made a breakthrough thanks to you. :) Mingyu says he’ll make something. :)

Elena: Ok I will :)

 

 

_________________________________________________________________

 

I stared at my phone all day waiting for him to text me for no reason other than I wanted to see his name pop up on the screen.

 

Less than 24 hours, and I was already thinking about our conversations and how his fingers wrapped all the way around my hand to my wrist and the fringe curling up under his snapback. .

 

As I walked through the back alleyway to the apartment I suddenly got nervous. He’s just a boy Ellie. He’s your exact type. But he’s just a boy. Deep breaths.

 

I knocked on the door. Loud man screams.

Joshua opened it with that look. Head tilted, like trying to read my thoughts or dig through my daydreams. Please don't. But it quickly turned into my favorite smile. Like he was genuinely excited to see me. Like my existence was extremely important to his. Wow what an amazing feeling.

 

“Oh hey Ellie!” Sam ripped the door wider, breaking the moment.

“Um…hey,” he looked back and forth between us and I walked in quickly shutting the door.

A chorus of hellos, curses, and gunshot sounds came from the small living room. How does this already feel like a home to me.

 

“It’s so good to see you Ellie,” Sam gave me a big hug. 

“Um…yeah,” I laughed.

Has little skinny Sam gained weight? He seems a lot…softer…Or maybe its just been a while.

“Yeah…Sam…it’s been a while.”

“You’re right,” he said stepping back, “it has.”

A rainbow head ran between us, pushing me back against the wall. A soft hand cushioned the small of my back.

“GIVE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW” Seungkwan followed, “oh hey Ellie,” and he ran after him.

“That’s because Sam’s been over here playing with us,” Seungcheol came and clapped his hands on Sam’s shoulder. “He’s basically the 14th member of Seventeen.”

Sam grabbed a bag of Doritos off the counter and put one in Seungcheol’s mouth.

“Thanks bro.”

 

Oh my god. Little Sam in his khaki pants and ties is officially cool. I’m so proud of him.

 

The hand moved up to my waist as Joshua moved closer to me. 

Woah.

Already?
I guess we only have 2 months. 

He’s just holding your waist Ellie he’s not ripping your clothes off.

Definitely not doing that. But he can. He can do it now. 

Oh my god.

—you?”

“Hm?” Damn it.

We moved into the kitchen.

“Nevermind,” Seungcheol laughed looking us.

Sam eating his Doritos suddenly looked like he had bitten on something very hard. Like a piece of grittle on his drumstick or a particularly hard Skittle.

“Hey Mingyu what’s for dinner!” I stepped away to the stove. Whatever everyone is thinking about anything needs to stop. Dodge situation.

Mingyu was wearing the same flower apron tied around his waist. This time, with added hairnet. “Oh I’m just boiling some noodles, they’re almost done,” he stirred them around. “Do you like spicy?” he asked me in English. “I do like spicy, Mingyu,” I smiled. How can such an adorable baby be in such a man’s body. Life isn’t fair.

The rainbow haired one was in the corner with Seungkwan's phone, snapping selfies with the abnormally attractive fringed one. Jun? They were giggling and whispering in another language. Chinese? Now that boy is Sav’s type. Sharp nose, darker skin, nice teeth. He looks a lot like Xing actually. I wonder how Xing is doing these days. It’s been like…8 years? He’s the one Sav went to the beach with right?

I caught Wonwoo’s eye from around the corner. He motioned with his head into the bedroom. Joshua had turned and was sharing Doritos with Jeonghan, playfully hitting his wrist. Jeonghan looked up and glared at me for no reason. What the hell. What did I do now.

Wonwoo and I went in the bedroom and he closed the door.

“So, he said yes?” he asked.

“Yeah…after two months,” I went and leaned against the bed.

“Interesting,” he tapped his foot. “Thanks for doing that Ellie.”

He came and leaned against the bed with me. “But if I were you guys, I’d keep it on the downlow.”

“Oh don’t worry, it was 3am and he was wearing a snapback—“

“No, I mean from the other members,” focused cat eyes beneath round gold classes. “I’m sure some of them have already figured it out. But it would just be easier for everyone if you were just Sam’s girlfriend that Vernon saved from a man at a club.”

So they keep secrets from each other.

Interesting.

I guess it’s perfectly within their rights to have a private life.

“Where is Vernon anyway?”

“Oh he and Woozi have been at the company all night and day,” he said taking off his glasses and rubbing them on his shirt. 

My heart sank.

Why did it do that.

Why does it matter where Vernon is.

“Joshua ran into the building yesterday morning full of energy saying that he’d been ‘inspired’. He told us all these lyric ideas, which led Vernon randomly rapping. Seungkwan and DK started singing and well…that’s just kind of how we roll.”

The door opened and Joshua walked in. Despite the obvious space between Wonwoo and I he still looked suspicious.

Cute.

“Hey…what’s up…?” he said. He looks so…soft and pretty. I was wrong I’m not used to this.

I had this urge to just hug him.

And then I did. 

I put my head on his chest, closed my eyes, and just felt his heartbeat.

“Hey…” he said laughing.

Yep. I’m just going to stay here. With his arms down around my waist. This is a good place. 

“Seriously guys I would be careful,” Wonwoo said.

“Be careful of who?” I asked.

“DINNER’S READY!”  Mingyu yelled from the kitchen and a stampede of feet ran by screaming behind the door. 

“There’s just. Not everything is at it seems,” he sighed deeply. 

My phone buzzed. 

 

Sav: Look what I got~~

/screenshot of a plane ticket to Seoul/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

note; things about to get real complicated hehehe