Chapter 4

Bounded By Your Love

‘THUMP!’

Nichkhun began to stir awake, as he felt a throbbing pain welling up on the back of his head. Gradually, the unfamiliar surroundings began to sink into his mind, as he realized that his drunken stupor during the previous night had landed him in this place. Getting up from the floor, he saw Jessica glaring in confusion at him whilst hiding herself behind the blanket. Just then, Nichkhun started to recall about the scream and kick which caused him to fall from the bed.

“Why did you kick me just now? I was just having a wonderful dream…” Nichkhun mumbled as he climbed back onto the bed.

“Did we…?” She questioned with a frown on her face, as she wiggled to a far corner of the bed away from Nichkhun.

Nichkhun looked on sleepily at her, “Well, does it matter? It’s a good start to our relationship anyway,” and with that, he returned to his sleep.

At that moment, something hard hit on the side of his face, and he groaned in pain. Opening his eyes, Nichkhun realized that it was his shoe, and before he knew it, his other shoe came flying in his direction, and hit on the exact, same spot of his face.

“Ugh, ouch! Stop it! What are you doing?” Nichkhun started to shield himself with the pillow, and demanded furiously.

“Does it matter? It’s a good start to our relationship anyway!” With that, Jessica began to grab anything which she could lay her hands on and threw them in the direction of Nichkhun.

“No, I didn’t mean that…” Nichkhun quickly used the pillow to protect himself from her ‘attacks’, “Oh, come on, and don’t tell me this is your first time…” Nichkhun muttered.

Jessica stopped immediately, and her cheeks blushed to a rosy pink color upon hearing Nichkhun’s question. Nichkhun took a peek from behind the pillow, and saw Jessica’s embarrassed expression on her face.

“It’s…really your first…?” Nichkhun whispered timidly, while sneakily picking up his shirt, “You don’t have to worry. I still got my pants on.” He giggled softly, before quickly retreating into the bathroom with his belongings.

Nichkhun washed and dressed up himself. Looking at the reflection in his mirror, he could not help but flash a triumphant smile to himself. He recalled Jessica’s expression earlier on, and felt that she was still considered a novice in relationships. After thinking for a while, Nichkhun was pretty definite that both of them merely slept together after being so drunk the previous night. Coming out from the bathroom, Nichkhun saw Jessica putting on her make-up at the dressing table. She had also dressed up already, and deliberately ignored the presence of Nichkhun. His last sentence before he went into the bathroom had made sense; however she still did not fancy the idea of being together with him, even for a single second.

“Forget everything that happened last night. I believe you won’t go around spreading this, am I right?” Jessica stood up and smiled at Nichkhun.

Nichkhun could sense her ‘threat’ – she wanted him to shut his mouth about both of them. He did not respond, but merely smiled in return.

“I’ll take that as a ‘yes’ then.” She said, before leaving the room, with Nichkhun trailing behind her.

Once they entered the elevator, Jessica warned him, “Keep a distance away from me. We’ll leave the hotel separately.”

“I’ll be glad to send you to your destination.” Nichkhun offered, although he knew Jessica was definitely rejecting him.

“My words are final,” She turned to glare at him, before pulling her hat down towards her face, “Damn, I’m staying away from all kinds of alcohol from now onwards.”

Nichkhun tried to stifle his chuckles when he heard that. He found it really interesting and challenging to go after this woman. However, he was fretting about keeping in contact with Jessica. Soon, the elevator arrived at the first level, and both of them exited.

“3 feet behind me.” She hissed at him.

Nickhun rolled his eyes, and followed her instructions, before he noticed some suspicious-looking people loitering outside the hotel. Finally, he spotted a hidden camera in one of the people’s bag. This is my chance, he thought in delight, and sneaked behind Jessica, whom was busy concealing her identity and did not notice Nichkhun walking right behind her. Within a few meters outside the hotel, Jessica suddenly found herself to be surrounded by a few reporters, as the photographers stood aside and began clicking their cameras furiously. It seemed that someone had tipped these reporters off. Just as she was panicking over cooking up an excuse, Nichkhun stepped in and put his arm around her waist.

“So it’s true that both of you are currently dating, and spent the night in this hotel?” One reporter questioned, when he noticed the intimate action which Nichkhun did.

“Of course…” Jessica was about to say when Nichkhun interrupted, “Yes, we’re dating. We got to know each other through a blind date.”

She turned around and stared at Nichkhun in shock, while he began posing and flashing his charming smile at the photographers.

“No, we’re…” Jessica wanted to clarify, but again, Nichkhun was a step faster than her, “About the reports that my fiancée is cold with a men, I’ll wish to clarify that those reports are absolutely untrue. It’s correct that Jessica gets along well with me, so I hope that those reports will not surface again. They’ve caused pretty much disturbance to both of us.”

“Oh, so how about a picture together?” The same reporter requested, and Nichkhun could sense in his tone that the reporter still held some suspicions over their ‘relationship’.

“Sure.” Nichkhun smiled and turned to face the speechless Jessica, pulling her gently towards him before planting his lips deep into hers. This would eliminate all doubts now.