Chapter 13

Bounded By Your Love

She began stirring awake. Using her hand to press against her forehead due to a throbbing headache, her eyes slowly opened, before knowing that she was in her own bedroom.

“Are you alright, sica?” Someone beside her asked in a concerned tone.

Soon, her vision became clearer, and she realized that it was donghae. Sitting up on her bed, she nodded her head weakly. How did she end up here? She could hardly recall anything that happened before she was unconscious.

“Luckily, you’re fine,” donghae said, “If not, I’ll be guilty for the rest of my life.”

“Ugh, what happened?” She asked, rubbing the back of her head.

“Well, that Smith was up to no good. He tried to take advantage of you, but fortunately, his plan didn’t succeed.” donghae answered, passing her a cup of hot tea.

After drinking the tea, the memories started to return to her slowly. She remembered drinking the glass of red wine in the hotel suite, but the rest was still a blank to her. Looking over at donghae, she realized that his face was rather pale and white, and his hand seemed to be constantly pressing against his stomach.

“Hae oppa you look terrible.” jessica commented.

“Really? Yeah, maybe the effect of the drug hasn’t worn off yet…” donghae tried to smile, so that jessica would not be worried.

Just then, the door of her bedroom opened, and Nichkhun popped in, looking flustered and panicky.

“Gosh sica, are you okay?” Nichkhun was panting real hard as he asked.

She nodded her head, “Did you run all the way here?”

“No,” Nichkhun shook his head, “I’m just lacking in doing exercises…Let me catch my breath first…” With that, he walked out of the room temporarily.

Jessica giggled at the sight of ‘breathless Nichkhun’. Donghae saw that Jessica had already recovered from the drug effect, and stood to leave first. She had wanted to confirm with him again if he was alright, but his hasty exit left her with no chance at all. After a moment, Nichkhun came in and checked up on her.

“I got such a huge scare when donghae called me. Hmm, didn’t you say that you aren’t going to touch alcohol anymore?” Nichkhun said, as he gently ruffled jessica’s hair.

“Oh? Did I ever say that?” She began thinking before recalling that she did swear before to stay away from alcohol after the ‘bed incident’ with Nichkhun.

“That’s entirely your fault.” jessica hissed at him, before asking, “So were you very worried?”

“Of course I was, and so was donghae as well. I heard from melisa just now that even though the doctor assured him that you were basically fine, he still insisted on staying on till you regain consciousness, when he’s supposedly to be the one with a major problem.” Nichkhun said.

“What major problem?” jessica frowned.

“I think it’s something to do with his stomach,” Nichkhun shrugged, before continuing, “He said that he’ll go to the hospital for a check-up after making sure that you’re alright.”

“Why is he so silly?” jessica mumbled to herself when she recalled donghae’s pale expression.

At that moment, Melissa, jessica’s stepmother entered into the bedroom, “Nichkhun, will you like to stay for dinner?”

Jessica looked up, and before Nichkhun could answer, “We’re not staying for dinner.”

Nichkhun turned to look at her, before turning back to face Melissa, “She’s just joking. I’ll love to have dinner here.”

“Fine, then stay all you want, Nichkhun.” She shot back unhappily before getting out of the bed, and pushed her way past Melissa.

Nichkhun smiled apologetically at Melissa, before going after jessica, “Hey, wait for me!”

“sica!” Nichkhun shouted after her, “Wait…” He stopped talking immediately when he saw her being engaged in an argument with her father near the main door.

Melissa soon joined Nichkhun, and told him, “Go take sica away now, before they get worse.”

He nodded his head rapidly, and went forward to pull jessica away from the argument, while Melissa managed to persuade mr.jung to go into the house with her first.

“Let go!” She flung her hand away from his grip, but unexpectedly, Nichkhun screamed at her, “Stop being so childish, sica!”

Jessica glared at him through her teary eyes, but she was taken aback by his sudden outburst.

“Why are you standing on her side?” She demanded.

Nichkhun’s tone softened when he saw her tears, “I…I’m not.”

Jessica turned and walked away. Nichkhun quickly followed, but he did not disturb her, maintaining a distance away from her. Quietly, he watched her back view, and noticed that her hands were occasionally lifted up to her face, thus he knew that she was crying. The walk went on for a pretty long time, before they arrived at a pretty isolated beach. jessica seemed to know her way around the beach, as she walked towards a specific huge, shady tree and squatted under it, burying her face under her arms.

Nichkhun gathered his courage to approach her, and bent down to her level, “Don’t cry please.”

She lifted her face up and looked at him with her red, swollen eyes, “Then don’t shout at me again in future. If even you aren’t on my side, I’ll be alone by myself.”

He gently used his hand to wipe the tears on her cheek, “I’ll always be on your side, silly girl.”

She nodded her head. She stopped crying after calming down her emotions. Nichkhun sat down beside her under the tree.

“You came here before?” He asked.

“My mum used to bring me here when I was young. Since then, I’ll somehow end up in this place whenever I’m unhappy.” She replied.

Nichkhun pondered for a while, “So…you quarrel with your father, not getting along with Melissa…is it because of your mother?”

“Yeah.” It was a weak response from jessica, looking as if many thoughts were running through her mind.

“You feel that Melissa is responsible for your mother’s death?” Nichkhun was starting to link the entire picture together.

Jessica did not answer his question, but from her expression, he had guessed it right again.

“Let’s not dwell on the unhappy memories anymore. How about going somewhere more fun? I’ll accompany you.” He proposed in an upbeat tone.

It managed to catch her attention, as she stared at Nichkhun in curiosity. He took hold of her hand, and smiled, “Let’s go!”

_____________________________                 

Thank for the comment..

I already receive vote from you guys.. Thank everyone..<3

Mojority want khunsica.. So, i will make khunsica..^^

But i not forget to make haesica moment..

Dont forget to comment..^^