Chapter 16

Bounded By Your Love

 

“Wow, are you in a good mood recently hae oppa? What’s with the treat tonight at this restaurant?” yoona asked in surprise.

 

Donghae smiled, “Well, am I really that stingy and mean before this? Actually, I’ve got something to ask you.”

 

“Oh, I see. So there’s a motive.” yoona nodded her head, “Well, go ahead and ask. I bet it must be something to do with sica.”

 

“What’s up with her these days? Has something occurred in her family or in her relationship with nichkhun?” he asked.

 

Yoona thought for a while before replying, “I don’t think so. She didn’t mention anything to me.”

 

Donghae’s expression saddened when he heard her answer. If even yoona had no idea, he did not know whom to turn to.

 

“Well, what’s wrong with her anyway? Maybe you’re over-sensitive oppa.” yoona said as she glanced through the menu.

 

“She didn’t answer my calls nor reply my sms-es for the past few days. Furthermore, she took urgent leave all of a sudden without any particular reason. Are these enough to warrant some worry?” donghae asked.

 

“Hmm,” yoona looked up at him, “that indeed sounds like Jessica Jung when she has a problem. Hmm…could it be…? It can’t be…”

 

“It’s alright if you’ve no idea.” he let out a sigh before signaling for the waiter.

 

“By the way, why did you suddenly confess to sica? I had a shock the other day when she told me about it.” Yoona asked casually.

 

“I never did that.” donghae answered with a frown.

 

Now, yoona looked more confused than donghae.

 

“Well, I did hint about it, but after that, I quickly brushed it off as a joke. From her expression then, I thought she believed that it was merely a joke.” he added, sensing a dreaded feeling welling up within him.

 

“Uh oh, I thought that you already confessed, so I just related to her about the whole secret admiration thing you had for her during the past few years.” yoona mumbled softly in shock.

 

Donghae sat there, not knowing what to respond. Was this the reason? Thus, she was trying all means to avoid him now, until she probably found some method to face him. He did not like this feeling at all – the feeling of being exposed. Of course, being secretly in love with someone is nothing shameful about, but…but…

 

“If I can turn back time, I will rather choose that sica knows nothing about it.” he thought silently in his heart. 
______________________________

 


It was his tenth yawn during the screening of the movie. Nichkhun turned over to look at jessica, whom was giggling and laughing at the show. He tried to focus his attention on the story itself, even if he thought the humor was bad. ‘Bridget Jones’s Diary, I want to watch that’ – jessica had told him before he purchased the tickets, and he gladly obliged even though romantic comedies was not to his liking at all. In fact, he hated them. Leaning over, he whispered to sica that he was going to visit the washroom for a while.

 

“Ugh, there’s still another half an hour more to go.” nichkhun commented as he looked at his watch, before turning on the tap to wash his face.

 

At that moment, he heard loud voices and noises outside the Gents. It sounded like a quarrel between a couple. Walking out to see what the commotion was all about, nichkhun was surprised to find a familiar figure struggling to release herself from the man.

 

“Hey, let go of her!” nichkhun shouted at the man.

 

“This owes me money.” The man shot back in fury, still refusing to let go.

 

“I’ll pay for her. Let her go now.” nichkhun said, pulling the lady to his side.

 

The man grinned gleefully, when nichkhun passed him a bank check of fifty-thousand dollars. He then turned his attention to the lady.

 

“Are you alright, Yuri?” nichkhun asked in a concerned tone.

 

She nodded her head meekly, before burying her face in his chest, and started sobbing. nichkhun gently held onto yuri and stepped back from her, before taking out his handkerchief to wipe away the tears on her face.

 

“Why did you owe such people money? Is there anything wrong?” He asked.

 

“It was the previous guy I went out with. He made me as his guarantor.” She replied softly.

 

Yuri looked into nichkhun’s eyes, before wrapping her arms around his neck, and kissed him hard on the lips. Nichkhun was initially taken aback by her sudden action, but he responded to the passionate kiss instinctively. At that moment, he thought of jessica, and quickly broke away from the smooch.

 

“Don’t do this, yuri.” nichkhun said, as he took in a deep breath, trying to calm himself down as well.

 

Yuri ignored his words, and wanted to pull him in for another one, but nichkhun held out his arms in front of him.

 

“No, please.” He emphasized.

 

“Why?” She asked, since it was very un- nichkhun to reject her.

 

“No particular reason. Just no.” He replied, looking at her seriously.

 

Yuri turned and walked away after hearing his answer. nichkhun quickly caught up, and stood in front of her.

 

“What do you want now?” She demanded coldly.

 

“You know my number, and workplace. Come and look for me if you ever need help.” nichkhun said, before leaving in another direction.