Chapter 9

Bounded By Your Love

“Other than me, it’s just Yoona whom has the most contact with hae oppa. Is it her? Could it be her?” Jessica murmured to herself.

“So which movie are you interested in?” The voice interrupted her thoughts.

“Huh? What?” She looked up, and saw Nichkhun waiting for her reply.

“If you aren’t interested, just say so. Stop making me feel like a fool. I’m tired of having to repeat my words.” Nichkhun was displeased when Jessica did not pay attention to his words again, and it had been the sixth time already since they had dinner together.

Jessica frowned and shot back, “It was you whom suggested having a date tonight when I remembered I mentioned that I was tired.”

“Oh yes, so it’s my entire fault, am I right? So who’s the dumb fool whom forgot about this morning’s appointment huh? Don’t forget that we’ve to fulfill 21 hours of ‘dating time’!” Nichkhun raised his voice unhappily, drawing attention from some on-lookers.

“Stupid petty, old man.” Jessica scowled in disgust at him, before walking away from the argument. She heard Nichkhun mumbling some inaudible curses, but she could not be bothered with him. After walking for some distance, Jessica realized that she had left her handbag in Nichkhun’s car, and now she had no money to catch a taxi home.

“Damn, what bad luck I got.” She mumbled as she returned to the place where she left Nichkhun there. However, he was nowhere in sight already. At that moment, she caught a familiar figure from afar.

“Oppa! Hae oppa!” She jumped up elatedly and waved to him.

Donghae was caught by surprise when he heard someone calling out his name. Taking a closer look, he realized that it was Jessica. It was such a coincidence for them to meet, since Jessica had never mentioned about the location of her date with Nichkhun.

“It’s so good to see you here! God must’ve heard my prayer, and sent you to me.” She grinned gleefully at him.

Donghae laughed at her words, “What are you talking about? Where’s Nichkhun? I thought both of you are together?”

Her expression turned sullen, “Don’t talk about him. It’s his fault that I’m ‘penniless’ now.”

Donghae chuckled and nodded his head, “Alright, we shall not talk about him then. So what do you wish to do now?”

“Hmm,” Jessica thought for a while, “It’s a long time since we watched a movie together. How about that?” She pointed to the cinema.

“No problem. You want a romance comedy, am I right?” Donghae smiled and went over to purchase the tickets.

“In this world, only hae oppa knows me best.” Jessica silently thought to herself, as she joined Donghae in the queue.
_________________________


Donghae pulled up in front of her house.

“Oppa, thanks for the movie treat tonight, and also this ride.” She said smiling.

“Ha, since when have you become so courteous with me?” Donghae commented, “I expect something in return. Tomorrow’s lunch will be on you.”

Jessica nodded her head, and alighted from the car. Waving goodbye, she watched Donghae drove off, and at that moment, she saw Nichkhun’s car parked not faraway as well. He was inside the car watching both Donghae and her just now since he had driven to her home and waited for her to return after their argument. Jessica thought Nichkhun looked pretty upset. He got out of his car, and walked towards her.

“You forgot this.” He passed the handbag to her.

“Thanks.” She mumbled.

Nichkhun took in a deep breath before saying, “I’m sorry for losing my temper.”

Jessica looked away, avoiding his gaze. She did not respond to his apology.

“Goodnight.” He continued, before making his way back to the car.

Jessica stood there and watched him go. She had wanted to accept his apology earlier on, but her pride refused to budge.
__________________________


Nichkhun lay on his bed. He tossed and turned, trying to get to sleep but to no avail. The image of Donghae and Jessica remained so vivid in his mind, and kept on replaying non-stop. Getting up from the bed, he walked over to the mirror and stared at his reflection.

“You shouldn’t be so petty, Nichkhun Horvejkul. Just give in to her. She’ll be pleased with you if you listen to her, and then slowly, she’ll fall in love with you. Isn’t that the desired outcome?” He said to himself.

Well, he had an opportunity to make up for his mistake tomorrow. He was definitely going to cherish it.

On the other hand, Jessica was unable to get to sleep either. Was she too fierce on him earlier on? After all, it was supposed to be her fault, yet he was the one whom initiated an apology. Feeling confused and tired, she lazed on the bed, and looked at the calendar on her table. Tomorrow was her mother’s birthday. It had been a long time since she last visited her mother. She began to recall about her childhood times with her. It was the happiest moment of her life. Gradually, her thoughts drifted to the later part of her life. She took her life, and left behind a note to Jessica, blaming Melissa, Jessica’s stepmother for breaking this family and snatching her husband away from her mother. Closing her eyes, a tear trickled down from the corner of her eye. Her mother’s death dealt her with a huge blow, and slowly, she grew to hate Melissa, as missing her mother began to weigh down heavily on her over the years.
____________________________


Jessica woke up much earlier than usual. Picking out her favorite outfit, she merely put on some light make-up and left the house. She needed to rush over to the florist shop to get the freshest flowers before heading over to visit her mother.

“Oh? Nichkhun?” Jessica was surprised to find Nichkhun waiting outside her home.

He smiled brightly at her, “Good morning.”

“Why are you here? Did we have an appointment?” She tried hard to recall, as she was afraid that she had forgotten about it like the previous time.

“No. I remembered that it’s your mother’s birthday today.” Nichkhun said, before reaching into the car and retrieved a bouquet of white lilies, “I got your mother’s favorite flowers for you.”

Jessica was touched by his gesture. She had thought that he would deliberately ignore her for a few days after their quarrel, but he did not, and even went to the extent of remembering about her mother’s birthday. Actually, Nichkhun had asked Melissa yesterday during breakfast, and found out some information about Jessica’s mother, but Melissa had warned him not to tell Jessica about it.

“Let’s go. I bet your mother’s waiting for you now.” He said, opening the car door for her to get in.
________________________

Thanks for commenting and subcribing :D

i make haesica moment for this chapter

hope you guys like it