Chapter 14

Bounded By Your Love

 

“No way! No way!” He yelled, trying to get away, but she was pulling onto his shirt tightly.

“Ugh, Nichkhun Horvejkul! You said you’ll accompany me!” She dragged him off towards the ticket counter.

“Not for this roller-coaster ride!” He yelled back, before continuing timidly, “Look at the number of times I’ll get turned upside-down. Gosh, I can’t take this kind of rides. How about sitting the Ferris wheel instead?”

“I don’t care!” Jessica managed to pull him in, despite his strong protests.

As both of them settled into the first row of seats, Nichkhun started to perspire profusely as his hands trembled in fear.

“Oh man, God please bless me.” He shut his eyes and mumbled.

As the ride started moving, Jessica raised her hands up in the air, “Woohoo! I love this!” And then, zoom! It went off in a rapid speed, as Nichkhun clutched onto the rails tightly, and screamed out loud, “But I hate it!”
______________________________


“Hey Yoona, do you know which hospital Hae oppa’s in?” Jessica asked over her cell phone.

“He’s already discharged. Aren’t you supposed to be together with him?” Yoona questioned.

“Well, I wanted to go find him, but something cropped up earlier on. So that means he’s at home, am I right?” Jessica said.

“Yes,” Yoona replied, “Send my regards to him as well.”

“Why? Aren’t you going to visit him? He needs your company now.” Jessica said.

“You’re the reason he’s in this state now, Jessica Jung. Be more responsible.” With that, Yoona hung up the call.

“Geez, he likes you. What he needs most now is you, and not me.” Jessica mumbled under her breath as she hailed a taxi and headed towards Donghae's apartment.
_____________________________


“Oh? Why are you here at this time? It’s rather late already.” Donghae asked as he allowed Jessica to enter.

“Did you quarrel with your father again?” He continued.

“I’m here to see you oppa.” She said, taking a seat on the sofa.

“About what?” Donghae went to the kitchen and got coffee for both of them.

“Hmm, well are you alright now?” sica pointed to his stomach.

Donghae smiled at her and patted gently on his abdomen area, “Yeah, I’m fine.”

“That’s good.” She secretly heaved a sigh of relief.

“Ah, you’re worried for me,” Donghae caught her change in expression, “That’s why you came, am I right? You must be worried sick.”

Jessica stuttered at being exposed by him, “Well, if…if not, I’ll be guilty. I mean…it’s because of me, so I…I need…”

Donghae chuckled at her reaction, “It’s alright. There’s no need to explain.”

“Oh, and there’s yoona too. Geez, I can’t believe that she said she didn’t want to pay you a visit.” Jessica commented.

“Ha, it’s fine with me. Well, I’m already satisfied that you came here.” he answered.

“No, you shouldn’t be so complacent oppa. If you like yoona, you must put in your best to go after her. Don’t be shy. I’ll be there to support and encourage you!” Jessica patted on donghae’s back.

Donghae choked on his coffee when he heard her words. Coughing hard, he asked, “When did I say that I like yoona?”

“Oh? Not yoona? It can’t be.” Sica frowned in confusion.

“It’s not yoona.” donghae said firmly.

“Then who else can it be? I’m pretty sure that it’s yoona. Oppa don’t have to be shy in front of me.” she insisted on her own ‘conclusion’ as well.

“No, no, no, no, no!” donghae  took in a deep breath, before saying, “Why can’t it be you?”

“Haha! It won’t be me.” sica laughed at donghae’s words.

“Yeah, it isn’t. I was just joking.” donghae mumbled sadly, as he was upset that sica had never thought of this possibility at all.

It was complete silence after that. Donghae had wanted to send jessica home, but she told him that she could catch a taxi back and instructed him to have more rest before leaving the apartment.

“Oh man, what did I say just now?” donghae hit his forehead, “It’s lucky that she didn’t take me seriously.”

On her way home in the taxi, jessica could not help but recall donghae’s words – ‘Why can’t it be you?’ She shook her head to stop herself from thinking too much.

How could it possibly be her?