Chapter 15

Bounded By Your Love

 

Jessica could not get to sleep that night. She began thinking back on her relationship with donghae. He was always there whenever she needed him. He helped to boost her career as a model. He took care of her needs well, and there was an unspoken understanding between both of them. Most importantly, he would always stand by her side, even if he knew that her decision was wrong.

“No, I must know the truth.” She said to herself.

The following morning, sica asked yoona out for breakfast. Yoona probably knew the identity of donghae’s ‘secret girl’ since she repeatedly denied of any relationship with donghae  in the past.

“So how’s hae oppa? Did you get to see him last night?” yoona asked as she ate her hotdog.

“Yeah, he’s fine,” jessica said, “But he told me something last night.”

“What?” yoona asked again, her eyes locked on jessica.

“He said he likes me.” sica said in a serious tone.

Yoona was stunned for a few seconds before yelping in joy, “Oh my God! Finally, that dumb fool decided to tell you his feelings for you. Oh gosh, I’ll never have expected that. It seems like I’ve underestimated him.”

“You mean he really does like me?” sica grabbed onto yoona’s hand.

“Yeah…” yoona replied, “Well, didn’t he say it last night?”

“But why is that so? I mean there’s nothing good about me.” Sica mumbled in shock.

“Precisely, Miss Blur Queen. Since there’s nothing good about yourself like you mentioned, then why do you think he’s treating you so well like his princess?” yoona returned to eating her breakfast.

Jessica stood up and left without a word. Yoona called out for her but she did not turn back at all. Jessica was utterly confused and taken aback that she was the one whom Hae oppa had liked so far. Why did she not sense it earlier? This only led her back to yoona’s question earlier – jessica had really thought that it was because they were best friends, so Hae oppa treated her well. But it seemed like it was not the case.

 

“sica? Where are you? You’ve a photo shoot in another 2 hours. You need to get ready.” donghae said over the cell phone.

“I…I’m not feeling well today. Can oppa help me postpone it please?” jessica asked.

“Alright, have you seen a doctor yet? Do you need me to accompany you?” donghae asked in a concerned tone.

“No…I’ll be fine by myself. Also, I hope to take a few days’ leave as well, is that okay?” sica said.

“Yes,” he replied, “Are you sure that you’re fine?”

“Yeah, oppa don’t have to worry. I’ll call you again.” With that, jessica hung up, and shut her eyes, as she lay on her bed.

How did things turn out so complicated now? After knowing the truth, she found it hard to face donghae. In addition, the more donghae was good to her, the more she was afraid of accepting his good intentions. She felt guilty for taking advantage of him now. She was scared that she would hurt donghae’s feelings in the long run. Suddenly, she was frightened of everything related to him.

On the other hand, donghae’s mind was not put at ease after ending the conversation with jessica. She was acting strange and weird. Had her relationship with nichkhun run into problems? Or did she have another quarrel with her father? She used to tell him everything in the past, but now, she seemed to be keeping everything to herself.
___________________________

Jessica waits nichkhun in the backyard garden at nichkhun’s house whilst he got changed in his room. At the time her recall about donghae’s issue which still remained unsolved. She don’t know if she accept or reject donghae. Just then, a pair of hands covered her eyes from behind.

“Say the password before you’re allowed to see light again.” The man said with his hands still in front.

Jessica recognized it as nichkhun’s voice, and started to giggle softly, “What password are you talking about?”

“I love you. Say ‘I love you, nichkhun’. Say it with sincerity, of course.” He replied.

“I rather remain like this.” Sica playfully rejected.

Nichkhun removed his hands, whilst sica turned around to face him, and saw his disappointed expression as he sat down beside her.

“I see that someone’s disappointed.” She commented.

“Who says so? Even if you don’t say it, there are a million other women out there whom are eager to say it to me.” nichkhun stuck out his tongue at her.

“Well, are you trying to lay a trap for me?” She eyed at him suspiciously, “Don’t ever think that I’ve forgotten about the contract. I’ll never forget it, not even for one second.” With that, she stood up and walked off first.

“Women are so over-sensitive and ignorant.” nichkhun mumbled to himself, before getting up to join jessica, “How about a movie before dinner?”