Chapter 7

Bounded By Your Love

“Hey, you’re home. Dad wishes to speak to you. He’s in the study room now.” Nichkhun’s brother, Nichan informed once he came home.

Nichkhun knocked on the door, before receiving the signal to enter.

“Dad, are you looking for me?” Nichkhun asked.

“Take a seat here.” MrHorvejkul pointed to the sofa at the corner of the study room, “I just talked to Mr Park on the phone a moment ago. Are you really dating with Jessica now? It’s not a game or anything, khun. To be in a relationship with Jessica, you must be serious and responsible towards her, and not be as playful with the other women like in the past.”

“Yes, Dad. Both of us have reached a consensus that we’re in an absolutely serious relationship, so please don’t worry about us.” Nichkhun assured, wearing a smile on his face.

Mr Horvejkul laughed and patted on his son’s back, “That’s good! Bring her home one day for dinner. Oh, how about inviting her to our family’s gathering? Show her around and allow her to familiarize with our relatives and family friends.”

Nichkhun let out a weak laughter, “Is it a little too early for that? We just got together not long ago, Dad.” Nichkhun was afraid that with Jessica’s personality and attitude, she would disgrace him instead during the family gathering.

“Ah it’s merely a family gathering. Furthermore, have you told her that we have certain special occasions as well? As your girlfriend, it’s her duty to be part of these events too.” Mr Horvejkul said.

“Yah I know that, Dad, but…” Nichkhun wanted to reject again.

“No buts. It shall be settled then. Bring her over for our family gathering next Sunday.” Mr Horvejkul concluded their conversation.
____________________________


Nichkhun was lying on the bed reading a book. All of a sudden, someone from his side grabbed the book out of his hands. Nichkhun got up and realized that it was Nichan.

“It’s a rare sight that you’re reading, khun. Let me see what you’re up to.” Nichan chuckled, and looked at the title of the book.

“Give me back.” he said, trying to snatch it from his brother.

Nichan dodged in time, before laughing out loud, “Oh gosh, it’s even rarer to see our love saint reading this book – ‘1001 ways to court a girl’. Are you kidding me? Do you ever need this? It’s more for guys like me.”

“Ugh, give me back!” Nichkhun got irritated after being teased by Nichan.

Nichan tossed the book back at his brother, “Seriously speaking, why you need this? Is she that difficult?”

Nichkhun tried to act smart, “Of course not! It’s just that…just that under normal circumstances, women are always after me, but now, it’s the opposite, so I just need some reference material. With my charm and attractiveness, she’ll fall straight into my love trap.”

“Yeah, continue bragging, my brother. You look more like the one who’s going to be the victim of the love bug.” Nichan commented with sarcasm.

“Get out, and quit disturbing me if you don’t have any bright ideas to help me.” Nichkhun said, returning his attention on the book.

“Beware, my dear brother!” Nichan said out loud as he exited Nichkhun’s bedroom.

“Damn Nichan, how can I possibly be the one?” Nichkhun cursed, as he flipped the pages of the book, “Oh my god, why is it so difficult for me to woo after this particular woman?!”

As the night passed by, Nichkhun had noted down some of the most effective methods, or so he thought to be. Looking down at his calendar, he realized that it was Jessica’s mother’s birthday two days later. Should he visit her mother together with her? Picking up his cell phone, he dialed her number.

“Hel…lo?” She sounded like she was asleep.

“It’s me.” Nichkhun said, ignoring the fact that he had interrupted her sleep.

“Wha…t?” She asked with a slurred tone.

“I’ll swing by your home tomorrow morning. Let’s have breakfast together.” he said.

“Whatever.” Jessica was uninterested.

“Alright, see you tomorrow then.” Nichkhun hung up, and mumbled to himself, “Geez, can’t she sound more enthusiastic?”
_______________________


It was raining heavily the following morning. Nichkhun had originally wanted to call off the breakfast meeting, but dismissed that thought since it was going to be their first breakfast together as a couple. Waking up earlier than usual, he dressed up well, before heading off to Jessica’s house. Despite the bad weather, Nichkhun was obviously in an excellent mood as he stopped his car in front of the gate.

“Ugh, I totally forgot about taking an umbrella.” Nichkhun muttered under his breath when he could not find the umbrella.

“Forget it; it’s just a short distance only.” With that, he quickly got out of the car, and used both of his hands to shield himself from the rain, and then pressed onto the doorbell. Not long after, he saw Jessica’s mother coming out with an umbrella, and she hit the button to unlock the gate, allowing Nichkhun to enter.

“Why are you here today, Nichkhun?” Mrs. Jung friend asked, as she sheltered him with the umbrella as well.

“Oh, I’m meeting Jessica for breakfast today. Is she up yet?” Nichkhun smiled politely.

“Jessica? She’s off to work already. Donghae came by earlier on and they went off to work together. You mean she didn’t tell you?” Mrs. Jung said with a frown.

Nichkhun stood there in confusion, before quickly regaining his composure. Putting on a weak smile, “Yah I think she told me. I must’ve forgotten. I’m sorry for disturbing you so early in the morning.”

Mrs Jung sensed the awkwardness from Raymond, “Of course not! Since you’re here already, how about having breakfast with me?”

Nichkhun nodded his head. There was a strange feeling within himself that morning. Was it anger that Jessica had completely forgotten about their breakfast date? Was it jealousy that he heard her leaving with another man? Or was it merely disappointment? He was unsure about it.
___________________________


“I tried calling you last night, but it didn’t get through.” Donghae commented as he helped Jessica put on her make-up for the photo shoot.

“Oh, I was tired and went to sleep. Maybe I didn’t hear your call, since there was a dumb fool who called me earlier…” Jessica replied, before letting out a loud gasp.

“What?” Donghae asked in confusion.

“Oppa, I forgot about him!” She finally recalled.

___________________________

hope u guys enjoy this chapter..

Thank for comment..

I will update soon for next chapter..